Contributors to this thread:
Richm444 06-Dec-17
notme 06-Dec-17
SixLomaz 06-Dec-17
bigbuckbob 06-Dec-17
Richm444 06-Dec-17
Wild Bill 06-Dec-17
06-Dec-17
So I get out yesterday and see nothing all morning - I decide to break at 11 am and go home.

Quarter mile up the road I see a doe and two fawns in the woods a few feet from the road amidst oaks and hemlocks. So I think to myself " that's encouraging at least they are out and about"

So I go home, have lunch, walk the dogs and do other stuff and then drive back out at 2pm.

As I drove by the area where I saw the deer on the way out I saw them still there in the exact same spot over 3 hours later.

Unreal

06-Dec-17
Mechanical ho ho ho christmas deer..?...lol

06-Dec-17
Decoys

06-Dec-17
Yeah, where were you hunting, what part of the state? I had decoys one year on the Great Mountain Forest property, but to me it didn't look real so drove on past and then say the DEP truck in the woods.

06-Dec-17
I am in Newtown - these were live LoL -

06-Dec-17
About three years ago I waited for a doe that bedded seventy yards behind me. After three or so hours she gets up and starts walking towards me. At this point I am very cold. At thirty yards she again beds down and I have no shot. Two hours later she gets up again and begins browsing towards me. I am approaching hypothermia. At five yards I shoot and it goes over her shoulders. After skittering away, she again comes to the same spot. I take forever reaching behind me and drawing an arrow from my quiver. I get the arrow to the string and she looks up at me. We stare down a few minutes and she goes about browsing. I take another shot and it was high but not enough to spine her. I watch as she runs off and changes directions twice before she's out of sight. I followed a blood trail for almost a half mile, prints in the snow indicate she is walking and she enters a blow down where it looks like she rolled ,before I loose all the blood and is gone. Last thing I found was a fletch from the arrow under a low pine, well outside the area I am permitted to hunt.

• Sitka Gear