JRW 03-Jan-18
Highlife 03-Jan-18
Don K 03-Jan-18
HighLife 03-Jan-18
Lynn Wilcox 07-Jan-18
Highlife 07-Jan-18
Lynn Wilcox 09-Jan-18
06-Dec-17
Looking to see if it's gotten any better since the new owners took over? There moving it to Arlington Heights and holding it at the racetrack.

21-Dec-17
We used to go every year without fail until about 15 years ago because it got SO bad it flat wasn't worth the money. I haven't been to one since. The best year was about 25 years ago when they had TWO FLOORS and the top floor was ALL HUNTING!

22-Dec-17
Yup used to take me 3 days to see everything

29-Dec-17
If my memory serves, the very first Chicago area hunting show I went to WAS at Arlington Race Track. That had to be like it the early 80's.

Anyone else recollect that?

30-Dec-17
I remember one in Dalton/Homewood?

30-Dec-17
I think that one was put on by Freddie Bear Sports in Tinley Park if I'm not mistaken. That was also back in the early 80's. I recall it as being fairly large also.

30-Dec-17
yup your right .That' s where I developed my great dislike for anything Fitsgerald.

30-Dec-17
I also recall about that time that East Side Archery...the owner's name was Rene I think....used to have a bowhunter's banquet every year. The one I went to was in East Chicago. The speakers that year were G.Fred Asbell, Judd Cooney, bear guide Wayne Bosciwiz and a few others. What a line up!!!

31-Dec-17
Jesus your starting to make me feel old LOL

31-Dec-17
Those were some good days though! I was a member of Chicago Bowhunters for many years and I met some great people there.

01-Jan-18
We used to sneak in there for arrows when we were kids . Who knew that many years later I'd be working part-time at the Archery Custom Shop and meeting some CBH members .

02-Jan-18
I met Don Schram right at the last few years of his life when he still owned the store. I had bought a used Bear Custom Takedown from a friend and I took it to Don's to get a case for it. When I took the bow out the bag I had it in his eyes lit up and he strung and drew it while taking note of the serial number. He had a REAL passion for stickbows and he knew his stuff. I still have that bow!

02-Jan-18
He could be a little crusty toward compound guys but because of him I became a range rat lol

03-Jan-18
"yup your right .That' s where I developed my great dislike for anything Fitsgerald."

Uncle Dan The Head Shot Man :)

03-Jan-18
Yup "So what if it's a sow with cubs you paid for the hunt" says a lot about the pos. Don't you think?

03-Jan-18

Don K's Link
"Dan Fitzgerald is a Living Legend and perhaps the most well known and liked living man "

Right from his website so it has to be true......

03-Jan-18
ROTFLMAO!!!! Yes it has to be

07-Jan-18
I too remember watching a video years ago & Dan started promoting head shots ....????

Then when his hunting buddy, Noel Feather, got caught killing B&C farm raised deer, bringing them to IL & trying to say he killed here in the wild......That sealed the deal for, because I never liked either of them from the start.

A couple of losers.....

07-Jan-18
Guy announcing he was a master carpenter at age of 21 was good comedy thou aroggant pos lol

09-Jan-18
Legend in his own mind.....

• Sitka Gear