Highlife 07-Jan-18
Lynn Wilcox 09-Jan-18
Chris S 04-Feb-18
jstephens61 04-Feb-18
Highlife 06-Feb-18
HeadHunter® 06-Feb-18
Franklin 29-Mar-18
06-Dec-17
Looking to see if it's gotten any better since the new owners took over? There moving it to Arlington Heights and holding it at the racetrack.

21-Dec-17
We used to go every year without fail until about 15 years ago because it got SO bad it flat wasn't worth the money. I haven't been to one since. The best year was about 25 years ago when they had TWO FLOORS and the top floor was ALL HUNTING!

22-Dec-17
Yup used to take me 3 days to see everything

29-Dec-17
If my memory serves, the very first Chicago area hunting show I went to WAS at Arlington Race Track. That had to be like it the early 80's.

Anyone else recollect that?

30-Dec-17
I remember one in Dalton/Homewood?

30-Dec-17
I think that one was put on by Freddie Bear Sports in Tinley Park if I'm not mistaken. That was also back in the early 80's. I recall it as being fairly large also.

30-Dec-17
yup your right .That' s where I developed my great dislike for anything Fitsgerald.

30-Dec-17
I also recall about that time that East Side Archery...the owner's name was Rene I think....used to have a bowhunter's banquet every year. The one I went to was in East Chicago. The speakers that year were G.Fred Asbell, Judd Cooney, bear guide Wayne Bosciwiz and a few others. What a line up!!!

31-Dec-17
Jesus your starting to make me feel old LOL

31-Dec-17
Those were some good days though! I was a member of Chicago Bowhunters for many years and I met some great people there.

01-Jan-18
We used to sneak in there for arrows when we were kids . Who knew that many years later I'd be working part-time at the Archery Custom Shop and meeting some CBH members .

02-Jan-18
I met Don Schram right at the last few years of his life when he still owned the store. I had bought a used Bear Custom Takedown from a friend and I took it to Don's to get a case for it. When I took the bow out the bag I had it in his eyes lit up and he strung and drew it while taking note of the serial number. He had a REAL passion for stickbows and he knew his stuff. I still have that bow!

02-Jan-18
He could be a little crusty toward compound guys but because of him I became a range rat lol

03-Jan-18
"yup your right .That' s where I developed my great dislike for anything Fitsgerald."

Uncle Dan The Head Shot Man :)

03-Jan-18
Yup "So what if it's a sow with cubs you paid for the hunt" says a lot about the pos. Don't you think?

03-Jan-18

Don K's Link
"Dan Fitzgerald is a Living Legend and perhaps the most well known and liked living man "

Right from his website so it has to be true......

03-Jan-18
ROTFLMAO!!!! Yes it has to be

07-Jan-18
I too remember watching a video years ago & Dan started promoting head shots ....????

Then when his hunting buddy, Noel Feather, got caught killing B&C farm raised deer, bringing them to IL & trying to say he killed here in the wild......That sealed the deal for, because I never liked either of them from the start.

A couple of losers.....

07-Jan-18
Guy announcing he was a master carpenter at age of 21 was good comedy thou aroggant pos lol

09-Jan-18
Legend in his own mind.....

04-Feb-18
I believe they are the inventors and masters of the brohug. How abought all those wild boar videos calling them raging Russians, North American Rhinos and poor man grizzlies etc. Ya super wild just have to be on the inside of the fence at the game farm.

04-Feb-18
Lynn, that’s not quite the whole or true story about Feather. I knew Noel and Jim Miller at the time. I have to agree Fitzgerald is a POS. Had a couple run ins with him in the past.

06-Feb-18
So its safe to say no one wants to step up and be the Illinois President of thier fan club? ;)

06-Feb-18
I liked ALL mentioned .... and I knew them .... each had their 'own personality' and you had to take that in consideration .... People would be amazed at 'some of their Hero's out there' ..... not everyone is a 'saint' as some think! ..... just say'n !

29-Mar-18
Noel Feather did harvest a lot of big bucks...it was when he became a celebrity and wrote his book and made grunt calls etc. is when it went south. The pressure for these guys to kill a massive deer EVERY year can lead a weaker person to do unethical things.

Imo....that is the SCOURGE of celebrity hunting....they lose their direction.

• Sitka Gear