Killinstuff 09-Dec-17
drbonner 09-Dec-17
Thornton 09-Dec-17
Ksgobbler 09-Dec-17
Jaeger63 19-Jan-18
Jaeger63 19-Jan-18
KS85 19-Jan-18
07-Dec-17
Hey guys, Myself and two other hunters are looking for a good Kansas deer lease. Fairly new to forum so apologies of this is wrong section. Any help is much appreciated. Prefer NE KS

07-Dec-17
I think Sito has a few of them? Lot's of corn feeders too so the deer are easy to pattern. :)

07-Dec-17
You and I both

07-Dec-17
Is there such a thing as a "Good Lease"?

07-Dec-17
Well Westksbowhunter, I have a Texas lease where the landowner drinks and pills heavy, broke into my camper, tore the $200 marine battery apart in it, and let his horses come in and tear up my feeder... = bad lease. I also have another where the land manager provides a stocked feeder year around, has both a ground blind, and a box elevated blind, and patrols the property keeping others out. = good lease. Animals be comin and goin and ain't nobody got control of dat. If that helps explain my "good lease" inquiry.

07-Dec-17
Do either of them provide a banjo?

08-Dec-17
Good luck with this crowd ! If you are a Bow Hunter or a Blue eyed Gun Hunter, you might get a little helpful info. from a couple of them.

08-Dec-17
He doesn't need luck York...I'm bettin "TexasDanSouthColoradoRoamerFagier" has GOLD ;?)

08-Dec-17
SitO, it’s Texas, not Southern MO

08-Dec-17
Oh well, I’m sure nobody wanted to trade up some Texas hawg hunts anyways. But appreciate the input.

09-Dec-17
Texasdan,

I think most Kansans were behind the 8-ball when all the leasing from Non Residents started back in 2005. Now I constantly have young men who I helped or took on hunts when they were younger call and ask me to look for a hunting lease for them. So now I think the competition is going to get pretty tough as these new hunters see leasing as the new norm and believe it or not have 5k-10k to throw out there. Good luck in your search. Also note that Kansas is not always a gaurenteed draw state for all units as well.

09-Dec-17
Thanks Matte, That helps shed some light on things. Appeciate the advice.

09-Dec-17
Texas Dan, I didn't give a smart ass reply to your post, can I come hunt hogs on your lease please? I'd rather kill a hog than 5 deer anyway. Thanks

09-Dec-17

TexasDan 's embedded Photo
TexasDan 's embedded Photo
It’s a definite maybe. I’d say my leases have a few of ‘em. You can’t kill enough of them.

09-Dec-17
Well PM me Dan if this is something that might be a possibility. I've hog hunted from south of Midland over to Eagle, up to San Antonio then northeast to Benjamin many times. The place I get to hunt in Benjamin is 120K acres but I'm allowed on maybe 40 of it, depending on how its cut up lease wise. I'd be there after deer season and I'm not looking to sit over a feeder. I just go for a walk, me and my longbow and wood arrows trying to sneak up on pigs. If I get an opportunity each day to kill one great.If I actually close the deal two or three times in a week and get an arrow into pork, its been a good week. I posted on the TX site back in July asking about a place to hunt and didn't get much feed back. I'd like to be able to run the dogs on quail too if I can since the TX season runs through February. Not looking to horn in on a quail lease but if there are birds on the land and it's not leased to bird hunters I'd like that opportunity to see what's there. The Benjamin ranch is $200 a day. I get a soft bed to sleep in, a kitchen to cook in and no one really bugs me cause I go about my business as if I'm not there. I got nothing to trade for but I do have plenty of money. Let me know. And I think you could kill KS bucks on public land pretty easy. I could have shotgun killed 3 a few weeks ago.

CJ

09-Dec-17
I can’t invite people out during Whitetail season, but have no problem taking people with me after. I only bowhunt, because I like the challenge. These pigs are as smart as anything I’ve hunted, and great to hunt.

09-Dec-17
I get so entertained talking with folks about TX hog hunting. "They are eating me out of house and home!!!" OK, I will bring some guys and we will have a good time and kill some? Sure, just bring you check book. Do you see the difference in hunting attitudes from TX to KS?

09-Dec-17
The difference Keepem is TX has more fence than any other state. I't's private and it's private. So yes I'd pay money to kill hogs. I've killed a pile of deer and would NEVER spend a nickel to kill one anywhere no matter how big it was. But sneaking around for hogs is super fun. Sitting in a tree waiting on a dumb deer...... boring as can be. I hunt pigs for free in Georgia and will be there late January. Texas is a different arena and I don't mind paying for room and board there.

Hell guys spend tons on money in KS toe kill an invasive species every year. The pheasant.

09-Dec-17
I live in Texas and swapping a pig hunt for whitetail hunting in Kansas is offering somebody a McDonald’s cheeseburger you found under the seat of your truck for an opportunity to go eat at A high End steakhouse.

09-Dec-17
Pheasants never were classified as invasive. They were imported and planted here on purpose.

09-Dec-17
So was sericea lespedeza

19-Jan-18

19-Jan-18
Sorry for the blank response. Dan it took me years of searching to finally find a quality lease. It's easy to see why. Just look at the deer on the cover of the Dec/Jan issue of North American Whitetail. I ran ads in multiple newspapers throughout the region of Kansas I was interested in finding a lease. It took me over 3 years and lots of money in ads to finally find what I consider a quality lease. You can PM me if you want more info. Hope this helps

19-Jan-18
TexasDan - where do you live ?

• Sitka Gear