soapdish 09-Dec-17
Oneeye 10-Dec-17
>>---CTCrow---> 10-Dec-17
bigbuckbob 11-Dec-17
08-Dec-17
With snow tomorrow how is everyones firewood? I got bout 5 cord rdy but need two more. I heat domestic water and house. No other source. Year round. Beginning of winter always worry if there is enough.

08-Dec-17
I've been heating strictly with wood for 27 years. Average 4-5 cords a year but not heating my water with wood. For the first time ever I bought wood this year. It's a lot of work and time to cut split and stack 5 cords a year I think this summer I'll fish a little more and not spend my summer putting up wood. Just getting tired I guess.

08-Dec-17
Have had wood heat totally for 42 years and heating water also

08-Dec-17
Unless you have a wood lot that's more expensive than gas

08-Dec-17
I've been burn 6 cord a year for about 20 years and sell about 5-10. Recently retired so I just cut for myself. Always got my saws from Chain Saws Unlimited. last a good long time.

08-Dec-17
Swk....thats funny. Nice one

08-Dec-17
I heat the house strictly with wood. I have always done all my own cutting and hauling, but ended up buying a load of logs this year for the first time. Still got the pleasure of bucking, splitting and stacking. Should be good for this winter and next. Well worth the money compared to burning oil.

08-Dec-17
I sell firewood so if anybody wants to buy just let me know by spring for next fall. 90% oak and ash only.

08-Dec-17
Longbeard where you located

08-Dec-17
Burning wood for about 18 yrs or so. Around 4.5-5 a year. Not sure if I'll have enough this year. I piled it instead of stacking, can't tell how much I have.

08-Dec-17
There's so much fresh wood laying alongside roads and highways the last few years, for you guys burning....you should never ever have to pay for wood. You just have to figure out what your time is worth when you do all that work to haul, cut, spilt and stack. I sure love the smell of woodsmoke in the fall.

08-Dec-17
Whats a stack size equialent for a shit load?

08-Dec-17
My property has tons of red maple. I can't even sell it for firewood. I have a lifetime supply of firewood for myself. And anything else there is to do with it. I was considering making some split rail fencing but it seems like a lot of work.

08-Dec-17

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
I just need to cut and split. Not prepared this year.

08-Dec-17
i burn 8 cords normally but up to 10 if its really cold year. Outdoor wood boiler that heats house, detached garage and hot water.

09-Dec-17
We average 3-4 cords a yr 2 stoves 1 in first floor 1 in basement only fire up both of its real cold

09-Dec-17
BBB I'm in Fairfield

09-Dec-17

soapdish's embedded Photo
soapdish's embedded Photo
In the process of chopping it down now lol. Went for a walk today in the snow. All slow and steady. I was following some fresh sign, usual tracks and feeding stuff. Smelled like deer even. Stopping every now and then, scanning. I decided to do a little grunting, a minute later two yotes come up the hill at 45 yards. I put my cross hairs on the first one and pulled the trigger. Well I decided to look a little early than I should have, rookie mistake. As far as firewood for the house. I got lazy this year and bought two cords. I usually go through 4. Oil is still relatively cheaper than the $3.50 a gallon it was a few years ago.

10-Dec-17
Wtf is that? Prtially splintered tree?

10-Dec-17

3 cords on my driveway

10-Dec-17

This I splitted myself
This I splitted myself
This I splitted myself

10-Dec-17
That wasn't taken today SWK. Or maybe my fire place was too hot and melted everything. ;-)

10-Dec-17
Haha. I do it with a bottle opener. Way easier and dont wake up everyone at home.

11-Dec-17
ctcrow- you better hope no one drops a match on your driveway!! :) That's a lot of wood, and work.

I burn about a cord a year, just on weekends. I have a zero clearance fireplace in the family room and we like the smell and look of the fire and the heat it throws.

• Sitka Gear