bowkevin 18-Dec-17
HARRY CARRY 18-Dec-17
RC 19-Dec-17
bowkevin 19-Dec-17
RC 19-Dec-17
10-Dec-17

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
Well, the Christmas Season is upon us! But, as a possible break from the same 17 songs you're hearing on the radio, or from the malls ready to burst your neurons, why not consider shooting with "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" this Sunday, December 17"

All you need is your recurve or longbow or selfbow, and whatever arrows are in your quiver! (You'll need gas in the tank to get here, that's a given. But there is NO MALL NEAR US!!)

Now, if you DO NEED someone to belly-laugh...possibly at the shot you just made or missed, then bring the folks YOU want to shoot with! And that includes any new Traditional Archers, or folks with an interest in our sport. And if they feel like laughing, that's totally OK!

From 8 AM until 1 PM, the Crew will have targets set up over a yet-to-be-determined course, in hopes of offering a few hours of Hectic Holiday Archery Relief. THIS WILL NOT BE A MANDATORY OFFICE PARTY FUN FUNCTION!

There will be NO BOSSES lurking around, waiting for you to say the wrong thing!!!

THe weather? Heck, that's a week away! Armageddon Eleven, as of this evening, is predicting temps from the 30s to 40s, with the possibility of clear to cloudy skies, or maybe even snow flurries. There is a possibility, too, of windy, or calm skies. Kinda a "Well, Duh" scenario....

The clubhouse will be warm inside. There's new Excelsior target bales for your warmup shooting. And the place actually looks rather good from the amount of cleaning-up that various factions have been doing over the last week or so.

So, do you stay home, and lament that the Holiday Season is just one mandatory function that is no fun to you?

Or, do you take the initiative to break away...escape...to where the arrows fly freely, and the targets don't talk back? To where "What The Hey!" has an understood meaning, and where "Dilly, Dilly" will now be chanted?!

The choice is yours. All The Crew does is offer your the opportunity. 5 hours of not hearing "The Twelve Days of Christmas", or "Feliz Navidad"....

We'll know your decision, when the doors to the clubhouse open Sunday morning.

The Crew hopes it will be YOU walking through those doors!

Thanks for your Holiday Considerations! And See you Sunday, December 17!

10-Dec-17

11-Dec-17
Looking forward to the shoot.

15-Dec-17
I just got off the phone with Mr Perfect. We should be there 9'ish.

15-Dec-17
Me and Ryan will be there at 8

15-Dec-17
Just an F.Y.I.:

The "parent" sporting club, East Huntingdon Township Sportsmans Association, will ask that all persons who shoot (bow, gun, compound, sling-shot, cannon, crossgun, harpoon gun, Automatic Atlatl, etc.) AT ANY EVENT on their property now sign a release/waiver, which will be kept on file for ONE YEAR.

A person will just need to sign one, and it will last 1 YEAR. The person will NOT have to sign a new sheet every time they visit "Sticks"....just once a year.

Most other clubs and events have been doing this for many years, so this should not be a problem for anyone. (I've signed MANY pieces of paper at the various local 3D shoots in Westmoreland County, and elsewhere.)

EHTSA is just somewhat joining the 1990s/2000s, and the club officers have been advised that it's simply something they need to do, as an ongoing "thing"....

The paper will just need each participant's signature, their printed name, and the date signed. That's it. (Well, reading it and signing it is the intention.)

I already have a stack of them, and will then keep them in "Strictly Sticks's" own 3-ring binder.

The Crew hopes this does not cause an "issue" with anybody, as it's been a practice for most everything now-a-days, (like even participating in a community fundraiser event, or joining a softball team).

SOOOOOO.....that's about all that will be different as far as the way "Sticks" conducts 3D shoots.

Questions or comments? Let me know!

Thanks for your understanding...

16-Dec-17
Get the coffee on. See yinz around 8:00.

16-Dec-17
I'll have an item for ya, Bob, so I'll see ya then! (Now, if only EHTSA had an automatic chocolate milk machine....)

17-Dec-17
The MMM (Manly Mountain Men) really liked the new course layout. Our arthritic knees appreciated the consideration as well. ;)

Good day with good friends!

17-Dec-17
Randy...again pass on my thanks to the crew.

17-Dec-17
Bob, consider them passed along! We appreciate them! Great seeing you and Cindy, even when Herb and Tammy were making comments I could almost hear!!!!!

Red, the "new course parts" has been an area I've wanted to use, just for the reason of "ease of walking". Yes, it blended in with a main path, but getting there was where we had the most fun setting up. Once we get a fallen tree out of the way, which may be a while since it's a huge tree, we might be able to access the old Coke Oven rail path as a small part. Look for that in a future shoot...just not sure when... It's a pretty big tree!

As an overall for today: 54 folks ventured over to shoot. That's 54 folks who took time from the hectic Christmas Season schedule (that makes even the most calm person a bit frenzied) to meet up with their old AND new friends to bend recurves and longbows and selfbows, to fling arrows at foam targets.

And maybe to sit-a-spell inside among friends !

When the Crew is done for the day, long after the last Archer has department, and we have grins and smiles on, even we feel like we've had fun....that it was a success.

We certainly hope the folks who shot with us today enjoyed themselves. And as usual, if something we are doing needs addressed, let us know!

Your understanding of the new "waiver forms" was greatly appreciated, too. No problems, and no complaints. We all hate "paperwork", but....oh well, we gotta do it.

So this wrapped up the year 2017 for us. Please keep the remaining shoots of 2018 in mind, as we start on January 21st, 2018, with the "Random SPAM" shoot, and go until March.

And if you are local to the Greater Metropolis Of Alverton, Pennsylvania, also keep in mind that on January 7th, 2018, an indoor TRADITIONAL LEAGUE will be starting at the clubhouse, and continuing each Sunday on days there is not a "Sticks" shoot.

Scott Keller, aka "banjo" on the Leatherwall and PA Bowsite, can offer more details, about targets/scoring/whatever, which I personally don't know. But, I do know the times will be from 1 PM until around 4 PM those Sundays. I'll try to get more details from Scott and post them.

Something to keep in mind, if Alverton is a close drive for you. And you need something Traditional Archery to do!

So, from ALL OF THE CREW, we thank you, for now. ANd hope we'll see you soon!

17-Dec-17
Thanks to the whole crew great shoots always

18-Dec-17

bowkevin's embedded Photo
bowkevin's embedded Photo
Ryan and a great time. I think the course was layed out perfectly. Thanks to everyone.

18-Dec-17
Ryan's shooting from that new "molehill" that appeared after some reclamation work a few years ago. Target 29, right?!! I'm still getting used to driving the Quad with the Rinehart Hurse attached to it, up and down that hill!!!

19-Dec-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

19-Dec-17
Yes Randy. Great job on the course layout

19-Dec-17
It was all right...

• Sitka Gear