UrbanHunter 13-Dec-17
spike78 13-Dec-17
BruceP 23-Dec-17
Moons22 24-Dec-17
12-Dec-17
Jay in Whittensville.

508-244-9134

1041 hill st. Whittensville ma.

I usually cut all my deer. Gets expensive going to the butcher. BUT, one of my buddies used this guy Jay, and let me tell you he's the best!! He let me try some sausage and I was sold. So I dropped my last deer off there and had him do sausage out of the front 2 quarters, and one of the back quarters. Unbelievable!! Polish, hot, sweet, breakfast, and garlic spices.

There was also not one inch of silver skin anywhere on the steaks, or a single hair. The guy is the real deal.

115 for a standard cut. 10$more for every ten pounds of sausage. (He can only make it In ten pound increments) so at the end of the day I walked out of there for 145$ with 30 pounds of the best sausage I've ever had. All vacuum sealed and labeled. Highly recommend him. He is by appointment so call him as soon as you kill.

Good luck

Moons

12-Dec-17

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Breakfast sausage. Great for ice fishing!

12-Dec-17
Sounds great moons. Breakfast sausage is great any time. The place I go does a super job, but if you want kielbasa or summer sausage you need like 30 or 50# of meat. I've gone in with friends a time or two... but lower volume would let us do it on our own if we choose.

12-Dec-17
I'm picking my Doe up from Jay today! I second! He's awesome, doesn't waste a single scrap, it's all vacuum sealed, he's fast, he's inspected twice a week. Be sure and leave a message if he doesn't answer, he WILL get back to you.

Moons, I'm starting to think we've met and just didn't know it. Ever go to Jerry's in Milford?

12-Dec-17
Sosso I go to Jerrys a good amount. Any tune ups I need I go to him. Also buy bait there. Jerry is a great guy! I'm sure we've ran into each other

12-Dec-17
I'm the big guy with the black wrangler. Keep an eye out. Three more weeks! GL out there!

12-Dec-17
what town is he in

12-Dec-17
Jay the butcher is in Whittensville. Jerry the Hoyt guy is in Milford.

12-Dec-17
Sosso will definitely keep an eye out for you. Im decent size myself lol red beard drive a blue f150.

12-Dec-17
The town is Whitinsville. Jay Bassett.

I've known Jay a long time, he's a good guy and does good work. I live right down the street from him.

12-Dec-17
Sorry typo. Thanks muzz. If you guys are in the area you should use him. Make sausage out of the whole deer except backstraps. It's unbelievable

12-Dec-17
Moons, I met one of your buddies at Jays. Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah and my wife is Jewish. I got an egg sammich maker (like a waffle iron).

I am now going out tomorrow to start hunting for the sausage for my new egg sandwich maker. I’m going to do the full deer sausage thing.

12-Dec-17
It's worth it!! Did you meet nick Grover or Garrett? Both good kids. Good luck on your sausage hunt!!

12-Dec-17
I think it was Nick. I’m terrible with names. He was bringing in a 5/6 pointer that his old man got.

12-Dec-17
Nick is a really good kid. Kills a lot of deer for a little shit!! Same with his old man. Garret is a kid I hunted with in the blue hill. Think I made a life long friend in there. We are so much alike. Goes 100% in everything he does. That's why we were so successful in there. In 2 days 28 deer were killed in the blue hills. I hunted with 5 guys. We got 8. 126 other guys got 20. Teamwork and hard work gets it done.

12-Dec-17
Nice job with the Blue Hills Hunt. I did it last year and got skunked.

They were talking about that Blue Hills Hunt. Apparently some of the biologists that did the study have come out saying that all of the ~70 deer per sq. Mile was a number doctored by the state. Some higher ups really wanted the hunt to happen.

Either way. He seemed like a good guy. GL out there!

12-Dec-17
I think it varies from zone to zone in there. 640 acres is a square mile. The area I hunted was 390 ish acres I believe. I saw north of 50 deer.

Another guy I talked to who hunted a different zone said he didn't even find a pile of shit. Never mind a deer

12-Dec-17
Sounds like a sausage fest!!! I'm out! Lol,had to say it.

12-Dec-17
All good moons, I've heard some interesting pronunciation for this town. Hahaha.

12-Dec-17
Thanks moons now I just need a deer to bring him haha

12-Dec-17
Good to know. Im one town over

13-Dec-17
for me I love butchering my deer as much as the scouting and hunting. It's one of those skills that can take years to become decent at. maybe it's one of those 10,000 hours of practice things. It's also a great excuse to burn hours sharpening knives, looking at butchering youtube videos and dream about adding a walk in cooler and industrial sink to your garage....

13-Dec-17
Moons, I’m glad you butcher your own. I’d lose the house paying for all the deer you shoot lol.

23-Dec-17
I was thinking of having my latest deer butchered but my daughter said she wants to help me process it. Might be some good father/daughter time :-)

Anybody ever butcher their own deer and then bring some venison to Jay to have him do the sausage?

24-Dec-17
I would call him and ask. He's a nice guy would probably do it for a reasonable price but I can't say for sure. Cutting it yourself is fun!

• Sitka Gear