archer756 16-Dec-17
Arrownocker82 17-Dec-17
Droptine10 17-Dec-17
C.Beck 17-Dec-17
spike78 17-Dec-17
Mint 18-Dec-17
C.Beck 18-Dec-17
14-Dec-17
I agree. I saw it first on instagram and thought wow. This guy/his family are pathetic.

14-Dec-17
It's a slap in the face to the guys in NY who are successful in harvesting nice bucks.

14-Dec-17
Pat, There is nothing about this that is anyway positive. Bowhunting is a choice you make to make something that is hard even harder, for the most part you're solo , there's no witnesses to verify the event. This guy lied about everything from location to weapon he used. He just doesn't get it.

Tom , remember that according to the link a family member turned him in so I guess we shouldn't Include his family if that's the truth.

No matter what deer you take it's insulting that someone stoops this low to appear to be something he is not, he certainly isn't A bowhunter ....Tom

14-Dec-17

erict's Link
Go back and read again because it seems like y'all ain't gettin' it.

The only person to blame is the family member, not the shooter.

14-Dec-17
Do you really think a family member made up all of those details and went to the press and submitted his picture?? All without his knowledge?? This guy lied about the hunt and then lied again when he blamed it on his family. My guess is this guy shot it at the game farm, came home and told everyone he shot it on public land to look like a hero, and the story grew from there. The press called and he ran with it never thinking he’d be outed.

14-Dec-17
Yes Erict, you are correct I re read the link and see the false story was given by the family member not the hunter. I think it was confusing in that the incident was described in first person and included raising up and drawing Halon bow..apologies to the true shooter but everything I said can apply to the family member who did submit the story...Tom

15-Dec-17
Convenient now that he was outed to have a straw man to blame. He's full of crap. I don't know what it is, but I find a lot of guys that like to brag, embroider and Lie about their hunting prowess & exploits. (bowsite guys excluded) I also find that for the most part these guys are OBSSESSED with bucks and big racks. When you talk further, most are NOT hardcore hunters, let alone bowhunters. In other words they like to brag and talk shit at work or the bar. They'll be the first to scoff when you tell them you got a small doe, but can't show you any of the big bucks they have gotten or are "holding out" for. Even the general public who are not antis & have interest will always ask: "How many points?" I think this is why guys like this lie. It's all about ego & false pride to them. Some rude guys even ridicule other guys bucks...."well! I got a 12 pointer...blah blah". It's so immature. We have a relative who never had success in the real woods, because he had no patience and wouldn't put the time in the rest of the family did. He only does preserve hunts (which are fun) and then lies & brags to people all the time. "...yeah..I took this one up in Saskatchewan in '04 during a bear hunt...we took both out with a canoe....." It's a family joke. Me, I'm fine saying, I've only gotten one 4 pointer w the rifle and only does with the bow, but I am working hard every year to get better and drop a nice 6 or 8 pointer some day. Well, atleast this faker was exposed. He will be the laughing stock at the bar and range. Mad Dog

15-Dec-17
Thanks for the posting Pat, Wonder if it's hard living with yourself and pulling stunts like that? Shame

15-Dec-17
Mad dog, I almost "went there" last night with a post similar to yours. Well said. I just love to hunt and eat well prepared venison. A buck rather than a doe is a blessing. A bigger buck, so much the better.

15-Dec-17
Always been bullshitters…always will be. Why ? This guy did it for his ego…others do it for money. Been going on for a long time…but seems like truth has never been under attack like it is today in many different dimensions.

16-Dec-17
About ten years ago the Wensel was at a NYBH week end as the speaker and was asked why he does not hunt NY. He stated "too hard to hunt white tails in this state."

17-Dec-17
Some humans are lazy they prefer to have instant gratification. I say if you want to blow the coin on canned hunt go for it, just be honest about how you obtained it. Then it becomes nothing more than a trip to the grocery store. I wonder if this guy has any woodsman/outdoor skills? I'm guessing not.... disappointing at the least.. NY isn't hard hunting if you're in search to fill your freezer but if you're looking for a slammer bet of luck...

17-Dec-17
What a story , I'm willing to bet for everyone of these truths that "leak out", there's 2 that remain known to only the hunter. This reminded me of the Mitch Rompola fiasco. I don't think they ever got to the bottom of that tall tale.

17-Dec-17
Too bad the story and deer was a fraud. This guy is a POS and I would be willing to bet the "family member" that gave the story to the press was him.......... then knowing he was going get caught he put the blame on someone else.

17-Dec-17
Pat, are you saying hard for a big buck or in general?

18-Dec-17
Every time I nice buck gets shot on Long Island I'm skeptical until I know about the hunter. Way to much poaching going on in public parks at night by certain hunters to believe their bs.

18-Dec-17
That goes on everywhere Mint. I think it is much more common upstate and I believe that is why there are fewer good bucks. When I lived upstate it amazed me how many guys I met that thought nothing of breaking every game law.

• Sitka Gear