Buckiller 15-Dec-17
Paul 15-Dec-17
notme 15-Dec-17
Oneeye 15-Dec-17
SixLomaz 15-Dec-17
15-Dec-17
Hanover rd - Bear broke into a barn and ate a pig

15-Dec-17
Seems like a pattern. And i heard the state claims to only have a population of 600. Dont know how reliable that is tho. I wish they would just do it already and open a season of some kind.

15-Dec-17
blame your state reps and senators for voting down a hunting season for bears this year. all the democrats voted no in the senate so that meant the Lt gov voted no to break the tie. so now we have the state shooting the problem bears instead of bringing in revenue

15-Dec-17
THINK MALLOY WOULD USE IT T TRY AND CORRECT IS BROKEN BUDGET ,, JUST ONE MORE STUPID DECISION OF THIS STATE ..

15-Dec-17
Must be late going to bed? I would think most, if not all of them would be hibernating by now. Anybody still getting them on cams or seeing them in the deer stands?

15-Dec-17
Brian, my son and I saw one on Saturday during the last day of PA rifle season 12/9. Weather there is colder and they got more snow than we did. Saw one walking around in CT last January as well during one of the mild spells.

15-Dec-17
was there anything in the paper ??

15-Dec-17
Mother and 3 cubs crossing my street last night.... i thought the same..... Wouldn't they be sleeping?

15-Dec-17
It just recently started getting cold. Where i hunt theres alot of bears and ive been seeing them (or sign of them) usually up tillnow or even into jan. I tracked one sat. In the snow for a while. Seemed to be still packing on the fat.

15-Dec-17
I read bears do not hibernate because it is cold but when their food runs out. I see tracks in the snow in the Berkshires every year.

15-Dec-17
spike - I agree. From what I've read it's about food source and in CT they can stay out pretty late in the year and get up pretty early, so it's not like Canada or Alaska hibernation. There are videos of biologists tracking bears and cubs in their dens and pulling the cubs out to check on them, so they do lay down at some point.

15-Dec-17
They go sleepy time when they feel like it..temps, food make the rules not the calender....and i was nowhere near newtown last night....lol

15-Dec-17
I'm not spelling this correctly... but I think black bears go into a state called tuerper (pronounced (Twerp-or, I think) or something like that. It's almost like Hibernation "light" so to speak. Dr Williams where are you at - help us out here... If it warms a bit or something spurs them, they will get up, maybe go out and seek a bit of food or move, and then restup again. When that happens and why - I dont know... But if you were about to sleep for a month or two, a pig would be an easy way to top off the fuel supply...

15-Dec-17
Well, I just heard in the news. Apparently the state is talking to white buffalo to humanly and quietly cull the bear population.

15-Dec-17
Will - NOTME can speak to that topic, and I think it's called a drunken stupor. I believe there were a couple of times where he woke up in someone's backyard and couldn't locate his pants.

15-Dec-17
Unjust laws. I wonder what our founding fathers would do?

15-Dec-17
Crow I hear wb is teaming up with the Russians they been controlling bear numbers for years

15-Dec-17

notme's Link
https://youtu.be/_ZelxU5App8

15-Dec-17
Bear crap 15 feet outside my back door right next to my kids play area a few days ago. I have young kids and its ridiculous i have to worry about bears attacking my young child. I already moved my kids play area because it was to close to woods. Didnt know we need to live in fear of the woods. I have to tell my older kids its their responsibility to watch the younger ones and watch for bears when playing in the play area. Out of controll! There used to be a seriohs coyote problem on the property at least the state allows coyote trapping, took care of that problem. Need bear controll.

15-Dec-17
Bear kills pig. Man kills bear. Man goes to jail. Not good outcome.

• Sitka Gear