Jeff in MN 26-Dec-17
Franklin 26-Dec-17
smokey 26-Dec-17
skookumjt 26-Dec-17
Jeff in MN 26-Dec-17
Trapper 27-Dec-17
16-Dec-17

Grunter's Link
DNR says this is a house cat? Sure looks like a mtn lion to me! It's no wonder people don't trust them. I know some people that swear they had a mtn lion on their property in Marshall the last few weeks. Could be the same cat? I don't know. What do you guys think?

16-Dec-17
Looks like they said "thought it might be a house cat".

16-Dec-17
Pretty much impossible to guess without something for a size reference. If it is a mountain lion, who cares? They go through our state every year and generally cover huge chunks of ground until they wander somewhere else. We have plenty of other predators that live and thrive here that we don't think twice about.

16-Dec-17
That’s definitely not an ordinary house cat. I think it’s The Rompola Cat. The problem is, there wasn’t an x-ray to verify, and the picture was taken from someone else’s stand on public land. It was on its way to a bait pile.

16-Dec-17
I understand the dnr doesnt want to label an animal by video but it's no house cat. The size is obvious when they zoom out

16-Dec-17
Due to lousy internet connections here I cannot get the video to play. From the photo, it is hard to say, nothing for reference. Should the DNR say Bigfoot is real since there has been some lowlight, out of focus videos taken around here of the big guy?

16-Dec-17
Gee I don't know, maybe there is some trickery in video also,,, I have no idea, but I shoot a lot of feral cats, predator hunting. and one day I shot one that I weighed,,,17lbs

16-Dec-17
Skook--i could care less if it's a lion, that wasn't the point. The point was why didn't they say "its a possible mtn lion" and not a house cat. I found that strange.

Smokey- not sure what Bigfoot has to do with mtn lions. We already have proof of the cats. See the video and then comment

16-Dec-17
I heard some hound hunters treed a lion in the central forest this past week.

16-Dec-17
Hoot county?

16-Dec-17
It’s a House Cat. Confirmed !

16-Dec-17
“The Rompola Cat” now that is funny.

16-Dec-17
The one treed last week was in the Tomah area. I know the guys that treed it.

16-Dec-17
Grunter-my who cares question wasn't directed at you. I was referring to all the people that freak out about coyotes, bears, wolves, bobcats, mountain lions when they show up near them in the southern part of the state. They make it sound like they can't leave the house because the predators will be waiting on the porch to snatch them.

Obviously these are urban dwellers who have know idea about wildlife, are typically liberal, and probably want to take away hunting/gun rights. Funny how as soon as they see a predator they panic and want someone to save them.

16-Dec-17
It probably was just. Fake News. No collusion with the DNR!

16-Dec-17
House cat? Lol That's awesome

16-Dec-17
The area they showed had snow....would of been very easy to confirm by his tracks. Even if you had to trail him a bit I would think you would eventually find one. The DNR will never confirm if it was...

16-Dec-17
I didn't think there was snow in the cat video, just in the news video.

18-Dec-17
" I have no idea, but I shoot a lot of feral cats, predator hunting. and one day I shot one that I weighed,,,17lbs"

I wouldn't be bragging about shooting feral cats on a public forum. If I remember correctly that was quite a controversy a few years ago.

18-Dec-17
The controversy was over creating a hunting season for them. In WI the law is ambiguous. It doesn't specifically prohibit or allow it. In my opinion cats present far more damage to the ecosystem than any other predator and they should get the same treatment as all other invasives.

18-Dec-17
They, do not want you to release any cat you have in traps. They is an unofficial response.

20-Dec-17
Republicans to allow use of air bows to deal with growing mountain lion problem.

20-Dec-17
House cat my butt! You could put a saddle on that thing!

21-Dec-17

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo

MF's Link
This just in....Douglas County

21-Dec-17
just another house cat...

21-Dec-17

DoorKnob's Link

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42447045

26-Dec-17
I live close to there and have land there to. We have had sitings of a cougar a few times over the past 6 years crossing by our farm. This one is 10 min away from there.

26-Dec-17
Capt Mike You are wrong, its not another house cat,,,, it belongs to Tweed,,,,

26-Dec-17
Ya, just like the Mt Lion that some hound hunters treed west of Hayward last year. The DNR did not even want to come out to check it out. Then they treed it again. Anyway the DNR made fools of themselves. I don't remember all the details, maybe someone else here remembers it better.

THAT IS NOT A HOUSE CAT in the video, any idiot (except the DNR idiots) can see that.

I had one run past me while gun deer hunting in Iowa about 10 years ago, then a second one. You can shoot them there if you have a small game license which I did but it all happened so fast there was zero chance for a shot.

26-Dec-17
Well....I have accused my wife of being a "cougar".

26-Dec-17
Tweed, you are a very lucky man. I think your wife is lucky too.

26-Dec-17
That`s why I said the DNR will never confirm it.....if they KNEW it was there and it happened to take a child or jogger....could you imagine the heat they would get. By "Not Knowing" absolves them of any responsibility....not that they have any.

26-Dec-17
Franklin, really? Why would admitting the existence make them responsible? What about the cougars they have acknowledged?

Jeff, that was more than a year ago. You get a pass since you are getting to "that" age ;-)

26-Dec-17
The DNR freely admits that mountain lions regularly are in the state. They have yet to find evidence of a female however. Until there is, which likely will only happen with a human bringing it here, it's irrelevant.

Them saying they can't positively. ID this one isn't some kind of conspiracy. There just isn't proof. It certainly looks like it but without hair, scat, blood, or something to positively show how big that cat is they don't say one way or another.

There are lots of people who swear up and down there have been resident lions in northern Chippewa County for many years. I have even had people tell me they saw kittens in a den. Problem is nobody has ever shown proof.

Remember the black cat in Waupaca County in the 80's? I believe I saw it but I don't have proof so I am not going to argue about it.

26-Dec-17
Damn Smokey, I guess you are right on both counts.

27-Dec-17
Yes I remember it well Skookumjt. 2 of my buddies saw it 3 days apart. I called both of them liars. LOL Then 2 weeks later the Iola Herald newspaper had a map off all the siting's. Oops.

• Sitka Gear