Big D 19-Dec-17
Big D 19-Dec-17
Garbanzo 29-Dec-17
16-Dec-17

Garbanzo's embedded Photo
On bamboo skewers hung on oven rack
On bamboo skewers hung on oven rack
Didn't get a deer this year but had some in the freezer from last year. Cooking up a batch of jerky today. What are your favorite jerky recipes?

16-Dec-17
My buddy makes awesome jerky. I bring him 10 plus pounds he buys all the products, beer and pizza. We get together and make it up. He then marinates it for a few days, dehydrates it. He keeps half.

16-Dec-17
Oh that kind of jerky. I thought you were looking for me

16-Dec-17

I can never make 2 batches the same. But haven't had a bad batch yet

19-Dec-17
I have a recipe that I posted months ago - everybody goes crazy for it - primarily soy sauce and worstershire

19-Dec-17
Garbanzo, can you post your recipe and brief instructions for that jerky for those of us with limited culinary skills?

19-Dec-17
It's taken me years to perfect but here's mine 1/2 cup dark beer 1/4 cup lite soy sauce 2 tablespoons Worchester sauce 1/2 cup brown sugar 3 tablespoons of honey 1/4 cup of Allegro hot & spicy marinade 1 teaspoon of each, onion powder, garlic powder & cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon of Cabelas hot & spicy jerky seasoning Marinate for a minimum of 24 hours, I place on my cooking racks and let the marinade drip off, about 1 hour, then into my smoker at 180 degrees for around 3 hours

19-Dec-17

Big D's embedded Photo
Big D's embedded Photo
And here's what it looks like

29-Dec-17
I try different recipes off of the net. Trying to find the one I like the best. Most call for 1/3 cup of soy Worcestershire and Terriaki with liquid smoke and various spices. I place the strips onto bamboo skewers and hang on the oven rack. 150 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Depending on how thick you cut them

• Sitka Gear