Bigbuckbob 20-Dec-17
Bigbuckbob 20-Dec-17
Bigbuckbob 20-Dec-17
notme 20-Dec-17
bigbuckbob 20-Dec-17
air leak 20-Dec-17
Bigbuckbob 20-Dec-17
18-Dec-17
Wondering what everyone's plans are for the balance of the year? I can't get out this week at all due to helping my daughter paint 5 rooms at the house she just bought in Canton, MA, so I'm planning on the 26th and 28th (my birthday, always hunt my birthday). May also hunt the 30th and then pack the gear away till next year.

Still going to try to plan an elk hunt out west, but that's for 2018.

18-Dec-17
Midday ml hunt today. Gonna check out some bow hunting land in Ellington tomorrow, see how it goes from there for deer. Then make the switch to canda geese. Kids are off from school next week, I'll let them decide on the hunts.

18-Dec-17
Zone 11 I’ll be hitting it til end of Jan.

18-Dec-17
Out now ml state land next 3 days

18-Dec-17

Paul's embedded Photo
Paul's embedded Photo
View from box seats

18-Dec-17
Thanks I’m in the zone

18-Dec-17

Paul's embedded Photo
Paul's embedded Photo
Miss fire here yesterday at noon . Today’s moon time is as good as it gets

18-Dec-17
tomorrow I am on vacation at 9:00 I am going as much as I could still didn't get one yet LOL

18-Dec-17
Swk, love hearing about hunts, not a problem

18-Dec-17
I’ll be hunting till end of January in RI most with my kid by myself when I can won’t get back out till this Friday sat and Sunday morning

18-Dec-17
You can start archery hunting state land again all over the state on the 21st correct? I was pondering going down next week for one more archery hunt after reviewing the rules again...

18-Dec-17
Is it the 22nd??

18-Dec-17
Nope, it's Dec 20th - 30th

18-Dec-17
Ok it's 11:18, where are they. If it were that easy

18-Dec-17
Bob I think ml goes till 20 th ?

18-Dec-17
Sorry bob you are right Ml last day 19th .

18-Dec-17
soap - you know where you now, they're somewhere else, so go somewhere else and you'll find them. I'm only half kidding. Be flexible and if you need to do some still hunting to find them.

18-Dec-17
Thanks guys - and GO GET EM Soap!

18-Dec-17
Looks like they came through earlier. Lots of sign.

18-Dec-17
Set the alarm this past weekend twice, and slept in both times. I'd like to get out at least two more times before the end. I'm pretty burned out from this season, and I don't need another deer. Thinking more about getting out after some coyotes soon.

18-Dec-17
I still plan on hunting/scouting hard until last day. Found a good run this morning after getting out of my stand. Hope the snow lasts until Jan. Any deer is a Target for my longbow.

18-Dec-17
I filled freezer by first week of November 1st. Was bitter sweet. Accomplished my goals two good bucks and a doe for season but ended so quick. Waited until dec 1 for coyote trapping to reduce predator population. Save a fawn.

18-Dec-17
Hunting every day at least 2-3 hours until the end of January. With the snow on the ground is even more enjoyable. Cold weather makes me feel young, 20 years old again. Why pass the opportunity to feel the adrenaline rush of having deer at 20-30 yards while on the ground? Plus, I have hunting friends who did not get a deer this year and I donate the meat while I am alive as I do not expect anyone to donate in my name after I will close the book in this realm.

19-Dec-17
I'm going to head out for a hunt tomorrow morning. Nothing going on at work and since me last day is 1/12/18 all of my duties have been handed off to my replacement. It's killing me to sit here and do nothing.

19-Dec-17
Get used to it

19-Dec-17
hunting till the end of Dec....mix in some goose and duck hunts...

19-Dec-17
planning to hunt for the last week of December. Still have not connected, even though I have seen so many bucks this year.

19-Dec-17
i actually just found a new state spot..so going to give that a whirl...I found 10 piles of shit in a 50 yards area...no other hunters....nasty drag though

19-Dec-17
I'm retired, been hitting the woods at least once, to 4-5 times per week. Took a mature doe back in early October, and passed on a couple of others. I also woke up a couple of times to go out, but decided at the last minute, not to. I'm thinking I am starting to get a little burned out.

Just picked up a small, 4 acre piece in Newtown. Loaded with does. Maybe I will take another off that spot..there are plenty..

19-Dec-17
Well, heading out tomorrow for a morning hunt. Looks like the weather is good, turning colder so should be promising.

19-Dec-17
BBB - good luck man! Hope a giant treads through and offers a nice shot - should you choose to take it.

Seriously though... I feel like most folks get busier in retirement. It's different busy, but busy... Like helping the kiddo paint ;) or other things. It's amazing how our time fills when we stay engaged... So, enjoy the mellow time at work now - I'm sure you have worked your tail off for decades, and you are likely about to be really busy again!

20-Dec-17
Up in my tree right now, a bit windy, temp is fine. Wind direction is perfect. Now I just need a big ol buck

20-Dec-17
GL Bud!!!..you in your new spot

20-Dec-17

Bigbuckbob's embedded Photo
Yeah, snow is gone. Beautiful sunrise.

20-Dec-17

Sunrise to my back here's 9

20-Dec-17

And 12

20-Dec-17
Good luck. Wind is supposed to blow pretty good.

20-Dec-17
Wind just died down. Damn red squirrel is barking up a storm

20-Dec-17

Just had a red fox come right below my tree

20-Dec-17
8:30 doe came by with nice 7 point right behind her, too young

20-Dec-17
Never too young to jump a doe..lol

20-Dec-17
Got down from the tree around 10am and followed the doe/buck tracks back from where they came and then where they were going. Definitely need to move my stand location to this trail. The red fox was using the same game trail so it looks very promising. The doe was definitely ready to mate because the buck had his nose right at her back end. I was hoping a bigger buck would follow the scent, but nothing came by and I had to go back to work, our Christmas party is at Fleming's tonight and don't want to miss it. Great day today. :)

20-Dec-17
BBB...

"had to go back to work"....

NO, you didn't! SMH...

20-Dec-17
Only because the Christmas party is tonight, so I wanted to make an appearance.

• Sitka Gear