South Farm 19-Dec-17
Tweed 19-Dec-17
bfisherman11 19-Dec-17
South Farm 20-Dec-17
lame crowndip 20-Dec-17
Swampy 23-Dec-17
Grape 24-Dec-17
18-Dec-17
Any suggestions on a hunting destination and animal in mid to late February? Im hoping to get away for a week or so. Not necessary to hunt the entire time. If it's a warmish state the gf would likely participate or at least tag along. My sister and bil will be stationed in NC as of next month, was hoping that was a hog rich state but it seems that hogs are more of a SC thing.

19-Dec-17
There's a pheasant hunt in Newburg in February.

Was in the 50s there last year.

19-Dec-17
Forget hunting in feb and march. Play poker and Go somewhere tropical.

19-Dec-17
Anyplace deer winter or feed. Great Shed Hunting and rewarding!

19-Dec-17
Nilgai south texas its right by south padre Island, or go to Recordbuck ranch and spend a few days in San Antonio on river walk

19-Dec-17
Sturgeon spearing in a 95 degree shanty. Safety Harness required!!

19-Dec-17
Trapper - do you have to use a spear or can you use a bow if you'd like?

19-Dec-17
Hog hunt in Tx or Fl, alligator in Fl, any number of exotics in Tx.

19-Dec-17
I used to do some bird hunts in Feb (released birds, not poaching). Lost my best hunting buddy after15 years of flushing birds recently so bird hunting is kinda out. No way I could stare at a hole in the ice that long Trapper. Totally respect you guys that can have that kind of focus but it ain't me. I can hardly sit in a stand more than a couple hours without trying to stalk something. Gonna look into the gator idea, never thought of that. Figured hogs were the ideal game but so many listing for hogs that it's overwhelming

19-Dec-17

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Spear only Tweed. But you can use a 1 tiner if you are so inclined. Northbound, The more fish you spear, the easier it gets to sit. I've speared right around a dozen I guess. Haven't thrown in a couple of years now though, its just a matter of time.

19-Dec-17
Northbound, I was down in New Orleans last year and tried to go bow fishing which would’ve been awesome but they had a minimum of 4 shooters which I understand, or you buy all 4 spots at $250 each. That wasn’t gonna happen. Hog hunts were reasonable but gators in my opinion were high.

19-Dec-17
Spearing for me too. The first time you see one float through, you're addicted.

19-Dec-17
Can also consider alligator gar in TX.

19-Dec-17
RC wants to know who's up for a Bowsite Hawaiian cattle and pig hunt this February.

19-Dec-17
I'm sure it's a blast seeing fish. Those are some amazing size fish. Just think how big they'd be if you could hold them in strait out arms for hero shots :) ....I am one of those that gets very frustrated without seeing my game, don't need to harvest but I gotta see something. Plus I occasionally drop my phone from stand, feel that's a bigger liability while sitting over a hole? After going through the ice on a stalk Saturday I really don't wanna jump in for a phone. Had a heck of a time finding my bow in chest deep swamp

19-Dec-17

Trapper's Link

19-Dec-17
I'll take ya on a trophy squirrel hunt!

19-Dec-17

Tweed's Link
Save them squirrel tails!

https://www.mepps.com/squirrel-tail/

19-Dec-17
I like hogs in FL. I use Irv's Hog Camp out of Fort Pierce. Great guy and a bowsiter too. I checked his website recently and it did not work. If someone is interested PM me and I can send you his phone number.

Bill

20-Dec-17
Tweed, funny you mention that because years ago my buddy's and I would pool our tails and sell 'em to Mepps. These days I'd probably only make about $1.60-$3.20/year so not really worth it. Maybe when I retire I can shoot more and supplement the fixed income:)

20-Dec-17
Not really bowhunting but I plan on chasing big fish in the gulf of Mexico. Already caught a southern ray....fought like a 20 pound sunfish. Had to be over 4 feet long from the tail to the front. We're planning on chasing some amberjacks in some of the wrecks---big fish fought with a snug drag and heavy line and rod. Have to be like that to keep em from getting into the wrecks. 30 to 50 pound fish will tire you out. Gotta release em but the fight is fun. Also locating a place in Georgia to bowhunt for wild hogs. Busy schedule with golf every day....

23-Dec-17
I have a couple young guys I help with archery want to take treat me on a pig hunt this winter . I don't know though because I really don't like traveling much anymore . Other wise I chase bunnies around with the bow . Sometimes I try hunting coyote's with the bow and calling . But I suck at it .

24-Dec-17

Grape's embedded Photo
Ice fishing Northern Saskatchewan for Pike in March..
Grape's embedded Photo
Ice fishing Northern Saskatchewan for Pike in March..

• Sitka Gear