Brick 19-Dec-17
sitO 19-Dec-17
TwoDogs@work 19-Dec-17
Thornton 19-Dec-17
Brick 19-Dec-17
Matte 19-Dec-17
dcal 21-Dec-17
19-Dec-17
During the pre-rut, I found a fair amount of deer activity near a bean field in which some beans left standing. Will this still be an attractive late-season food source? I know I'm starting to see quite a few deer feeding on winter wheat in the evenings, but unfortunately, I don't have any of that near where I hunt. Are mast crops pretty much done for the year?

19-Dec-17
Yes they'll be good, especially this weekend

19-Dec-17
I always see late season feeding on bean stubble. If there are some standing beans all the better.

19-Dec-17
Beans are excellent in late season. The colder the better.

19-Dec-17
Glad to hear it. I have been looking forward to coming cold front. It'll be my first time out since rifle season. But since I'm new to this and haven't done as much scouting as I'd like, I just didn't know whether I might still find deer in the same areas I did in the early season. I'm not hunting the field itself, but what I think is an area between it and bedding. Thanks for the input.

19-Dec-17
Over everything right now with conditions look for water as well. Deer are not getting any moisture from their diet right now as they forage on Woody browse and picked over grainfields. My water holes have been the hottest place to hunt lately.

21-Dec-17
Warmer weather look for green food sources. Colder weather look for grain such as standing beans or corn.

• Sitka Gear