Mako73 23-Dec-17
Mako73 23-Dec-17
Ungie01201 23-Dec-17
DeanMan 24-Dec-17
Belchertown Bowman 24-Dec-17
Bowhunterman 24-Dec-17
hickstick 24-Dec-17
21-Dec-17
Do you same 6-8 guys ever hunt or just bitch about everything here I joined this to get feedback from hunters but it's always the same guys you know who you are

21-Dec-17
I just bitch ! Who are the 6-8 guys you don't like ?

21-Dec-17
I hunt, do you?

21-Dec-17

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Moons, you can bitch about me if you want. But I'll bring the beer and shiners if we go ice fishing. Bowhunterman, you want in ? Oh wait, it's still waterfowl season !

21-Dec-17
Is this a hunting forum!? I thought we were just here solving the world's problems.

21-Dec-17
It’s called cell phones dude. Gotta pass the time in the tree with something other than “how quietly can I burry this fart into this seat?”

Then there’s what most people do, get into the tree and just stare into the abyss, think about old loves, things we coulda shoulda done, hopes, regrets, and then snapped back into reality because squirrels.

*farts silently*

21-Dec-17
Sosso, never trust a fart said the white underwear !

21-Dec-17
So 6 outta 8 already

21-Dec-17
Wow ! someone got on the elevator and ripped one ! I doubt you have stopped in to get feed back. I don't hear many questions coming from your corner of the box. Sounds like you came to bitch and let out some gas.

I hunted today , yesterday , had some domestic responsibility the day before and hunted the day before that. I don't feel like remembering farther back but thanks for asking.

I count 4 but I am willing to make it 5 (of those you are fixated on). Come on man , lighten up and try to be all Christmas-y

22-Dec-17
I haven’t hunted lately with work being so busy all the way until the end of the year so no I haven’t really hunted much and yes all I do is bitch. Lately anyway.

22-Dec-17
Nice !!!

22-Dec-17
Xi, I'm in! I'll bring the venison and the grill!! Which deer do you want to eat? ;)

22-Dec-17
I’m headed in in a bit. Like most said good place to pass the time. And a lot of great hunters here. Just wish we had deer in z 8 lol !!!! Merry x mas guys

22-Dec-17
Tagged out. Plenty of time to bitch.

22-Dec-17
Pretty good crew of guys here, many have been around a long time. As Forums go and more people become active in them you get a lot of different personalities. Everyone isnt poured out of the same mold. The world would suck if we all were. If your put off by forum you can always move onto another....

22-Dec-17
i hunt as much as i can with a bad back and family is here from co so i guess i will be on the rest of the week and next to bitch so really deep down inside you would like to be one of the 8 i am sure you could be number nine if you would like but if not Merry Christmas anyway

22-Dec-17
Lol, you guys are nuts. I love it.

22-Dec-17
Moons, all deer are good eating. Some are just easier dragging !

22-Dec-17
I didn't see anyone claim # 7. Can I be lucky # 7 ????

From what I can see you are getting some pretty good feedback from some pretty knowledgeable guys.

22-Dec-17
Good one DFA. I vote # 7 is all you buddy. Now for that final contestant #8 ... who is it going to be ? Solar man ? Da Will ? B@S Voluminous child... No he doesn't bitch enough....Proline ,Deanman, jeb, Ungie , Mrw, Jimbo not limbo, Skippah ? no not quite bitchy enough . sgRet1 , he can bitch with the best of em ! ?But No , too dangerous !

And the coveted 8th position.... for that #8 spot .... Our " Bitch of the season award" goes to .... drum role please ..... It's... M U Z Z Y ! ! ! Come on out and take a bow ! ....

Now play nice boys ! there is room for more . Lots more. Just kidding M- .......... mostly !

22-Dec-17
Xi, that's t-shirt poetry right there. "All deer are good eating. Some are just easier dragging". I'm an XXL BTW ...

22-Dec-17
Kids are working on the shirt as we speak, 2nd snow day of the year already. Pi, could you please put together the official "Bitch list" with ranking also, thank you so much.

22-Dec-17
I need to step up my (bitch) game.... First Resolution for 2018.... followed by gaining weight and starting smoking...

22-Dec-17
Can you define "hunt"? Because I spend countless hours hiking hills, swamps, briar patches etc. In the pursuit of game with the intention of bagging something and rarely does it happen. My wife says it's habitual time wasting....

22-Dec-17
Xi . Does that go by volume or intensity ? Alphabetical order with Bitch score ? Do we need a panel of judges ...

Urban H- stop moving around so much your burning calories. Don't be lazy with this goal ! Get right on it . Don't put things off , it only gets harder ... Act now ! Sheesh . I hope you smoke a low carbon brand !

See yu at the Buffet if I can get someone to push my chair ...

22-Dec-17
mboud- Hunting Definition starts with not being home listening to the wife and it builds from there.

In Fact : The first hunter at the dawn of man got sick of listening and was a little pissed off so he set out to put some distance between himself and "Mamma Cave breath" It turns out that a Saber-tooth got in the way ... He killed it, he ate some and began to feel better about his life . After the rush subsided , he thought it would be funny to put the skin on and scare the crap out of the Cave Hag. It worked and hunting was born...

22-Dec-17
There is a lot of non hunting content here, but this is a forum with real local people. When I want straight hunting tips and tactics, I use Google and YouTube. That's good, but then i want to know what is happening locally and what is or isn't working for real people, this site is where I go. I can dig through the content I don't want, but the stuff I do get is well worth it.

22-Dec-17
Pi, just keep it simple so I can follow along. I'm a crayons and paper kind of guy.

22-Dec-17
XI, #$@& my t-shirt is done with crayons? There I go bitchin again... (#8)

22-Dec-17
#7 Reporting for duty. Every hunting site needs it's black sheep hippy member... may as well be me :)

I've only been hunting 1-2x week lately so I have to spend to much time on here for a fix. This thread is hysterical.

DFA wins the internet for today though with that "All deer are good eating. Some are just easier dragging" comment!

22-Dec-17
I would enter the contest at #8 but unfortunately, my wife has been showing me I'm #1 (with both hands mind you) for years, so I guess that spots already taken....lol....

22-Dec-17

Murphy31's embedded Photo
Mass does suck, so I get the btching. Luckily I found a creek that's loaded with ducks. To get me through the season!

22-Dec-17
Wow, this thread went crazy. Couldn't post earlier cuz I was out hunting :)

Slight hijack....... seeing the ducks above. I have never hunted birds in my life (except turkey with a bow). Heck, have yet to even shoot a shot gun. Figured it is almost impossible here in Mass, plus you would need a trained dog (???). Do many of you guys do it around here? Pete

22-Dec-17
Murphy now were talking, congrats !

22-Dec-17
I must fit in here at some number but not sure which one

22-Dec-17
Thanks Xi. Same to you. Was a sight to see Wednesday. Never saw so many ducks in my life. The wind was messing them up though, and some missed shots. Always fun though

22-Dec-17
OK Bigcountry, I will try to think of something like two middle fingers and not a more "private possibility" of two hands in action. In the first case I think she could be saying your #2 or even #11 but in the second possible case ... well , your a lucky one !

Forgive my mind please . It has two roads that diverge in a hunt-able wood lot... And being a traveler, there I stood , I chose the one that's weird ... and it has made ...me different ... Bob- " Frosty ".

And now I'm off to walk my gun . Yours truly , Pumpkin Pi

22-Dec-17
Pete you need don't a dog. Just a kayak or a canoe. For rivers and ponds. Some wadders for creeks and shallow swamps. Set up on a good spot with some decoys, and wait for the birds to show up. Late season is fun with them having less water to get into. If you find the right spot it's amazing to see. Tues my dad was like I know U dont want to move but you have look to behind you. Turn and theres easily a group of 100 ducks coming over the trees. Must have seen 4-500 birds that day. Hopefully they'll be around this coming week.

22-Dec-17
That's awesome Murphy!

22-Dec-17
I've never tried duck hunting... But you are making me think about buying some #6's :). sounds fun - and simpler than I have historically thought...

22-Dec-17
Will, #2 steel this time of year. Heavy feathers on big ducks right now.

22-Dec-17

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
No, I don't hunt. Zone K today for me today!

22-Dec-17
Nice group xi good to see kids enjoying the outdoors. Nothing like a good fire to get them out in the cold.

22-Dec-17
I’m not looking to step on anyone’s hunting grounds, but I’m in Milford. I regularly shoot skeet and trap and I would love to give duck hunting a try.

Can anyone give me a recommendation on where to get started nearby? Do I need a boat? Other than my Baretta SP, camo, and some shot, what do I need to get started?

22-Dec-17
A dog is not in the cards.

22-Dec-17
Sosso I'm from the western part so I can't help ya out on areas to check, but a canoe or kayak would be a good idea. I found on craigslist for 100 just for ducks. I'd pick up a half dozen decoys and a call, and you'd be good for starting out. Then pop up google maps and start looking for ponds/ lakes in the area. Find some that have weedy areas and go check them out. Watch them as the sun is setting/rising and see if there's any ducks coming in and where they are going. Second season you'll need to find creeks/rivers that have moving water that doesn't freeze.

22-Dec-17
X2 on Murphy. But open water is very COLD water, please don't push the unknown. Hunt smart, hunt safe, please !

22-Dec-17
Thank you. Once I’ve got all the gear, and I’m at the location, what is the optimal strategy! How are the decoys used?

22-Dec-17

22-Dec-17
Sosso this would like how we had decoy spread on the creek. Don't clump them too close. Leave an open area where you want them land. The black dots are the decoys. Ducks land into the wind so set up the decoys accordingly. I also don't like setting right with the decoys because the ducks key on them and you moving could cause them flare/not land there. I try to set them up so I'm in the 20 yard shot yard range.

22-Dec-17
I’m getting some waders to start. Ima gonna go out by the end of next week.

22-Dec-17
Remember Pi, if you poke the bee hive your likely to get stung.

Just kidding,.......... Kinda.

22-Dec-17
Murphy. Thank you for the picture now I can understand some of these posts!!! Reading what some of the more intelligent people have to say on here my ADD kicks in and I tend to wander off a bit and get a little confused!! Lol

22-Dec-17
Lol, sometimes a picture is needed

22-Dec-17
Crayons for me !

22-Dec-17
Muzzy Buzzy . BBBBBZZZZZZ OUCH ! Man , you stung me on the ass.

All good , I like the little bumblers . Thanks for the good nature. " Bee" Well . BBBBzzzzzzz - Pumpkin Pi

22-Dec-17
Holy Cow talk about a crazy hijack thread I could barely follow where it went here and there,.. twisting to and fro in the wind,.. sorta like a bad fart,..

Hey wait ,.. did I ever share with you guys on this forum ,.. my views on solar,.. ?

LMAO!

22-Dec-17
Landing into the wind. That’s a huge factor on area selection! Thank you!

22-Dec-17
Hunt ?? Hunt ?? I thought that this was a site to troll for a husband ?!? Bow-site ? Oh shit ..... Nevermind ??

22-Dec-17
I'm interested in that BB . But before we start (kidding) . What exactly is a good fart , as opposed to a bad one ? Stink factor or is there more to it ?

22-Dec-17
Fart has to warm the butthole upon leaving and stink like hot garbage!!! If it makes noise then it's like a warning shot and people have time to close their mouths.

Little too much information???????

23-Dec-17
DFA good answer but close the mouth ? are pieces flying ? Hold breath and pinch nose maybe ...

A farts job is to stink . So "a good one" does its job well. Now ,being a dignified fart is something else . That , (having good breeding) will give the accompanying noise as a warning for others , that's class. A silent one is just being rude on top of offensive. One should make the noise by classic imitation ( when in a confined space with others, No need when your alone ) if the lower half does not comply.

Fart talk is always funny. I wonder if Cave men thought it was funny . Will man fart in the distant future ? Do folks fart in heaven ?

23-Dec-17
as fart as i know i think they do

23-Dec-17
Now ,There's a Fartsmella ! um ... I mean Smart fella...

23-Dec-17
I see your point PI. I guess a silent one is kind of low class. Should I raise my pinky while farting then???

23-Dec-17
I was target shooting in my parents back yard as a teen years ago (about 3 decades now, gulp) and the neighbor at the time had a horse. The horse lived right next to my folks back yard, so I was shooting parallel to the horse. I'm at full draw when next level "loud and proud" occurs, I glance over and see the horse is expelling air in massive volume through the end of the digestive system. The ensuing laughter resulted in a shot that didnt go in the xring as I recall.

One other time, I had shot a turkey, and slung it over my shoulder, when suddenly that old universal occurred... that blap blap blap frrrrrrrrrrrrt noise. Now, a turkey with flatulance exiting 8" from your ear, well, I may be an adult but that resulted in a kid like shriek followed by embarrassment at my own actions - and well, the dead turkey with gas.

Also, there was a tribe of Native American's in the Ohio river area which was called the: Kickapoo. I'm sorry, but I bet money they saw the humor in that as well...

Oh, no hunting today... that's 48 hours straight. I need to stop posting here, to sustain a valid bowsite user license :) (Ironic that that is BUL for an acronym ha ha ha)

23-Dec-17
Omg Xi do you eat those ganzers , they smell like a damn bluefish

23-Dec-17
Had dreams about duck hunting last night.

Can anyone recommend some waders? Cabelas has them for $300, screw that noise.

23-Dec-17
DFA . Not a bad touch but with us upper crust folks we try not to put demands of conformity upon others. It is a personal style or preference as to how you dress up your Flatus and those liberties are yours to take.

Yes, silent ones evoke a sense of shame and lack dignity. Be proud and announce your contribution. !

23-Dec-17
I bought the cheaper proline ones from dicks for like 120. Proline also has one made for duck hunting thats like 170 or so.

23-Dec-17
I bought some cheep ones on line ( Amazon I think ). Less than 40 bucks. They work . Get them bigger than your size , you can always add bulk but never subtract .

23-Dec-17
Pi but as a bow hunter only, I was taught to stay quiet and hidden !! All this conflicting information is confusing me. Can't we just get back to talking about rubs and scrapes ??? That's what this website is supposed to be about.....so I was told. Lol

23-Dec-17
Paul, beware the wild game chili !

23-Dec-17
DFA, That is the exception to the rule. Stay confused friend , I can't understand those you arn't.

Rubs and Scrapes. What are they ? Shoulders and knees.

I think we finally killed this one ...

23-Dec-17
I use Trapline hip waders and Lacrosse chest waders...I trap a lot of beaver.... It's all in the way you store them..if possible hang them up..Do not fold them the way you get them in the box...you end up with dry rot and cracks...I have bought Job Lot .. Remington hip boots for 20 bucks and they last just as long as a 180 .00 pair...

23-Dec-17
Nice! Thanks all!

23-Dec-17
With the arctic blast this coming week, worth going for ducks if i can find moving water?

23-Dec-17
Colder the better sosso. The more bodies of water that are frozen. The less spots they have to choose from. Bigger water can be frustrating though. I was hunting the Ct river last second season and one day they are all going to one spot. Then you set up over there, and they're landing where you set up the last time lol. It's still fun though.

23-Dec-17
I've had luck in corn Fields as soon as the pond they normally hang out in freezes. If there's snow on the ground scratch the snow around your decoys to the dirt to look like they were feeding.

23-Dec-17
I usually go for geese but throw a couple duck decoys out. I usually end up with a few ducks each time ducks have no problem landing in a goose set up, geese won't land in a duck set up.

23-Dec-17
I bitch a bit. But I hunt Lot more. Haven’t been out since wed. Pouring rain here today.

24-Dec-17
Bowhunterman, have you ever asked a ? To get feedback or do you just bitch about us bitchn...yes I do hunt.

24-Dec-17
The Data guy,.. AKA Mudd Man would like everyone to please note,..

--------------------------

Jeez you guys ,. above is like 25 different Posters/Handles/Usernames,..

But I did notice that the usual 6 to 8 did post the most,.. :)

So ya know what,.. BowHuntMan brought us out to post and say Hi,.. brought out the best of us during this Holiday Season! Whoot! Thank you BowHuntMan,.. and merry Christmas to you,.. and us all.

BB

24-Dec-17
Merry Christmas

24-Dec-17
I don't really bitch that much on here, but I do try to spread my elitist attitude across every post without discrimination. Oh an I occasionally hunt too.

Merry Christmas, plebes. LOL.

• Sitka Gear