Pi 23-Dec-17
Belchertown Bowman 23-Dec-17
Moons22 23-Dec-17
Moons22 23-Dec-17
Sosso 23-Dec-17
Jebediah 23-Dec-17
DeanMan 24-Dec-17
23-Dec-17
Hello folks, New to site....been bow hunting since 16 years old. Another tough year, live in North Z9 in Mass. Put more time in this year than ever before but did not see a single buck in daylight. Was wondering if you folks use predominantly climbers or fixed stands when hunting the better spots. Thinking my fumbling around in the dark to find the API holes is the issue. Thanks BuckDown

23-Dec-17
Welcome to the site. I have been using a climber more lately and find it to be a pain in the ass. Much nicer to just walk to your hang on and get right up. I’m also wondering if the deer can hear us fumbling with a climber from far away.

23-Dec-17
Climber is always my last resort especially if hunting near a bedding area. I use fixed stands near all bedding areas so I'm in quick and quiet. If I use a climber it's more often in gun season. If it warm out I'm typically sweating by the time I haul it in and get up in tree

23-Dec-17
Hi Buckdown! Welcome to the board! Looking forward to following your adventures and learning from you.

I use a climber 80+ % of the time I'd say. I hunt mostly public land in Z9 (roughly from Worcester north to route 2 and west... And in northern Z8, Z5 and Z6. If you see a brown tacoma with an Orange NEMBA sticker on the back window, that would be me - say hello.

Occasionally Ill use a fixed stand. I love the simplicity, and ability to use them in Hemlocks - especially in spots that are tough to access. But, overall, the mobility of the climber wins for me.

Best of luck the last week here!

23-Dec-17
Welcome, I use both but early to mid season I use the fixed stands more often. Then depending on what I'm seeing I use my climber and adjust from there. I use a small flash light when setting up my climber and don't seem to fumble.

23-Dec-17
Climber late in the season. I have multiple hangers for early and mid season.

23-Dec-17
Its too much trouble and noise in the morning so If I am using the climber then I set it up on the day/ evening before and lock it. It is ready to go and no sweat. Setting up in the light is easier and you can see if you bump deer. Use clean gloves . Wipe it or spray it down if you touch it with bare skin and rub some local leaves on it . I also like to put it in thick cover or add a few branches for the blending into the woods.

23-Dec-17
Welcome BD. Lots to learn and fun ribbing here,.. enjoy.

BB

23-Dec-17
Hey glad you joined, do you even hunt?

23-Dec-17
Hahahaha just kidding man! Good luck the last few days. GreAt knowledge here. Good luck the last few days !

23-Dec-17
Have you seen the forecast new guy??!! Bocce Balls!! I half expect to find a buck welded to the ground via piss stream! What do deer even do when it gets that cold other than die?! Jebus!!

23-Dec-17
David Stainbrook leads them to their bunker when temps drop below 20.

24-Dec-17
Welcome BD! When I'm not bitchn I spend time in zone northern 9 and 5! Moons that was funny!

• Sitka Gear