Matte 31-Dec-17
Catscratch 31-Dec-17
Kansan 31-Dec-17
Antlerhunter 01-Jan-18
Ksgobbler 01-Jan-18
Catscratch 01-Jan-18
MDW 01-Jan-18
24-Dec-17
Its been the worst luck year for me(after 40 yrs bowhunting) ever! But I'm not giving up, going in the morning. Merry Christmas to all.

25-Dec-17
Love it!Never give up and good luck!After Christmas dinner will be screaming back to Ks to hunt the last week.Had success in other States this year and have passed nice deer in Ks but have 18 days hunting a 'trail cam pic' and intend to do or die on that deer.Will see.Sadly he lives elsewhere and only occasional visits my place.Always at night-so far. Good hunting!

25-Dec-17
I’ve had a the best hunting season of my life. Met new friends, chased new game, shot 2 does. Still have my either sex tag. I’ll be out there this week too. Good luck!

26-Dec-17
You guys are set for a cold week. Give them heck and keep us posted.

26-Dec-17
Got skunked last night, but the wind is good tonight for our best spot, hope they will be on their feet earlier than they were last night.

26-Dec-17
My buddies are headed back up right now. Hopefully they're on their feet this week.

26-Dec-17
Wife is out son is out. I guess I get to stay home and stay warm.

27-Dec-17
I know it is cold today, but it is exactly what is needed for late season hunting.

28-Dec-17
You would think the temps would have the deer movement in high gear. But sitting beans and or wheat fields for the last three days. Zero deer in daylight. Checked cameras today and all kinds of movement 11:00 pm 5:00 am.

28-Dec-17
Ditto. Have had midday activity in heavy Cedars n thickets.

28-Dec-17
I'm seeing 12-20 in beans every afternoon and evening that I'm not hunting (while driving). They are coming out late in the morning and early in the afternoon. 8 don't hunt the bean fields... that might make a difference.

28-Dec-17
The wife and son are back on travel routes from the river. I scout while they sit from 3/4 of a mile away. It just seems odd.

29-Dec-17
I sat tonight got in kind-a late but that was figured on my part. 20 min. after sun down 7 deer came out into the cut corn. I'm in a draw just off the field 120 yards. A 130ish buck was pushing the flatheads around but gave up on that. So by this time it is time to get down and the deer are scattered across the 20 acres feeding . First deer I have seen in 8 days or so while hunting. I'll give it another try tomorrow. This makes 97 days hunting which I have endured before but in most of those years I had seen a number of mature bucks in the daylight. But this year has been painfully slow. I had 3 farms that had mature deer but never seen them in daylight. Disappointing year so far ,could have had a 5 1/2 yr. old @ 12 yards 2 weeks ago and thinking in hind sight should have shot him but had a Booner on that farm so the old boy got a pass. Maybe in the next 3 days....??? See what happens!

31-Dec-17
Made it out last evening for the last hour and a half of the day. Does is all I saw just off a cut corn field. Guess I could have taken a doe but a couple bucks are on the hit list . So I didn't try to shoot the a fine doe that has twins each year and they seem to live . When I looked at the card a small buck was on his feet at 2:30 PM earlier yesterday. So that will be my last hunt for I have to go to the rest home this AM and part of the afternoon to be with my honey ( of 46+ years ) to have lunch and watch the Broncos. We bleed orange & blue after living just outside Boulder for 33+ years. Economics and Della's health moved us back to Nemaha county where we moved from in 1976. "Not giving up" for 15 years I took care of my wife and I guess that is my legacy not all the critters I have in my man cave. She let me hunt and I owe her for that. Now the stroke she had in 02 has got the best of both of us like we knew it would some day.

31-Dec-17
Your priorities are obviously so right. Rambo. Enjoy the game and your time with your wife.

31-Dec-17
Amen Rambo.Have a great day. The buck I seek has moved from mystical status to near mythical status. Starting to think my trail cam pics are lies. Ego almost had me shooting an 8 last nite at dark but resisted.Will enjoy the balmy weather one last time high above the location where a camera last had a sighting.Sadly that was before the last 4 days of rifle season.

31-Dec-17
Bonnie just left for her last buck hunt of the year. I hope she has some luck as she has hunted almost every day the last week and a half. Switching up locations between two farms. It has been a long season for most hunters this year good luck to all on this final evening.

31-Dec-17
The fat lady is singing.... LOUD and CLEAR! I'm eating tag soup (and the two deer my boys shot).

31-Dec-17
Now its time to fill the rest of my doe tags!

01-Jan-18
Here here!! Just make sure it's not a shed buck. Have 3 on camera that have already shed.

01-Jan-18
Family member picked up a set of 140” sheds coyote hunting yesterday that were fresh. I’ve still got a doe tag but don’t want to mess with cleaning one at -6. I’ll let them be till next year.

01-Jan-18
Lol. I was thinking the same thing last night while in stand; going to have to be a huge deer to want to mess with cleaning it in this cold and on new yrs eve (I've shot enough deer on new yrs eve and Thanksgiving day to know the wife doesn't really like changing plans because I shot a "so-so deer". Fortunately I didn't have to make that decision last night. :)

01-Jan-18
Had three small bucks come by last night just to tease me.

• Sitka Gear