Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
Belchertown Bowman 24-Dec-17
bigcountry 24-Dec-17
GED 24-Dec-17
bigcountry 25-Dec-17
xi 25-Dec-17
24-Dec-17
So BowJob and BigCountry ,.. they never seem to post when they bag a deer,.. again at DDonuts this AM I get to hear the latest kill tale,.. He sent me txt pic of the latest hanger,..

But when he shares his story ,.. I feel they have a lesson in what I learn there while drinking a coffee,.. may it be one for you too readers?

So I never hunted outta a blind until this year with Farting JP,.. anyways BigCountry same thing,.. So they have this crazy sale on blinds like 40 bucks he said,.. they are giving it away. So he tried it,..

He opens up the thing for 2 days prior and then hunts from it and on day one kills a freaking deer,. he an BowJob in the blind together,..

At this point ,.. I spew my coffee out,.. "what ,. no airing out the blind for 2 weeks ??" Um not really he says,.. "Umm what about leaving it in place for several weeks,..?" No he says well they are curious creatures,.. ??? By now I am gagging on my coffee trying to choke down my egg sandwich,.. He did mention they placed it behind a stone wall.

So the lesson here/there,.. I asked him do you use the wind,.. He said Oh yes we use the wind,..

I don't know folks it makes me question the excessive precautions we are tempted to take on occasion. Just stick it out there,.. use the wind and hunt,.. That is what he taught me. Just saying.

BB

24-Dec-17
Lol. BB....funny story but true...I would rather be lucky than good...lol....anything can happen at any time under the most crazy situations....you just never know.....lol... Key thing....you have to be out there....helps to have a nutball for a huntin partner too... Merry Christmas to you BB and everyone else on the site.....

24-Dec-17
I have hunted my blind 2 times for deer. Last 2 youth deer days. Both times I set up the blind the afternoon before due to the cold rain expected. Both years the youth shot deer minutes after shooting light on public ground.

25-Dec-17
It does happen....deer are curious creatures....first time they see something new is the best time to be sittin there.....

25-Dec-17
The best time to hunt a stand is the 1st time you hunt it. Great story, thanks guys.

• Sitka Gear