Autumn_Archer 25-Dec-17
Jon Stewart 26-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 26-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 26-Dec-17
Dan In MI 26-Dec-17
Jon Stewart 26-Dec-17
stikbow208 23-Jan-18
25-Dec-17
Anyone know if the DNR notifies you after they determine the info on the bear tooth they pull? If they do is there an idea the time frame. I shot a bear in Sept and was interested in any info on the bear. They also pulled some hair from the hide for a DNA check. I told the girl when she told me that the bear wasn't mine but I don;t think she got it, lol

25-Dec-17
the info comes out around April. You have to log onto the DNR website to look it up.

26-Dec-17
Thanks John. Never shot a bear until this year so I wasn't sure how it works. Something new this year is they took the kill tags off the bear from some. They didn't even look at my tag or my sons tag but removed my cousins and kept it. I called about that and the person I spoke with said some offices are removing and keeping the kill tags and some are not.

26-Dec-17
If I'm not mistaken they're supposed to put the plastic seal on your bear at the check stations....... I think I have the plastic seal for both of my Michigan bears..... They put the same type of seal on my bobcat.....

26-Dec-17
I think it would become an issue if you took your bear to a taxidermist after checking it in with the DNR and they didn't put a seal on it.... I don't think the taxidermist would work on it.

They used to send out a postcard with your bears age on it but I think it's all on line now like AA said....

26-Dec-17
" They also pulled some hair from the hide for a DNA check. I told the girl when she told me that the bear wasn't mine..."

Were you concerned?? ;-)

26-Dec-17
Plead the 5th Dan, lol

They did put a tag in the jaw.

23-Jan-18
As long as you have the seal on the hide you are ok, Jon. You'll need to use that number for reference when you check on the website.

• Sitka Gear