Bowhunter7 26-Dec-17
peterk1234 26-Dec-17
Bowhunt3138 26-Dec-17
Pi 26-Dec-17
Moons22 26-Dec-17
Ungie01201 27-Dec-17
bigcountry 27-Dec-17
25-Dec-17
I have not been able to get in woods due to work and family stuff for over 2 weeks. all I asked Santa for was a little light snow in SC Z11 to kick off my week off between now and New Years and have a dusting. I will be out tomorrow walking with the Long Bow somewhere deep. Good luck everyone.

25-Dec-17
Good luck B@S . Ill be into a spot at late morning for the mid day. I want to see if the deer are moving in this spot and which direction too. I don't even want to think about it because there is good sign but no sign of hunters ... It looks promising for next season too. Empty the mind ,empty the mind , or else it will get invaded and poof , it's gone...

26-Dec-17
Hunting my back yard in am. Going to another spot for evening sit. Unless morning is fruitful. Good luck

26-Dec-17
Headed out in CT. Bitter cold ending to my CT season. But still have one day left in MA also. Goodluck if your out. Dress properly.

26-Dec-17
Great day to go out. No wind right now, fresh snow for tracking, a good way to burn off some holiday calories.

26-Dec-17
Hope to get out this afternoon. We got 6" of snow yesterday... brutally cold out...

26-Dec-17
1 year ago today I shot a nice buck behind my house... maybe it'll happen again..

26-Dec-17
Working today but just saw some deer out feeding in two different woods down the road from work.

26-Dec-17
Ungie .Your gonna shoot the same buck again this year ? Poor thing . I'm sure you have good reason . Some Bucks are just rude and deserve it right ? :o) shoot em again !

26-Dec-17
Looking at the schedule, I'm likely done for the year sadly... So Ill live vicariously through you all :)

26-Dec-17
Fresh tracks coming in and two beds from last night under pines 60 yds from my tree. Buck and maybe smaller doe. Hopefully he is on to her and follow her back though here today. Pretty day but cold.

26-Dec-17
Will, looking at the forecast, I'm basically done for the year! lol..I don't like to hunt much when it stays below 15-20 degrees. I just can't stay warm enough unless I bring layers and thats just too much bulk to be comfortable.

26-Dec-17
X2 Hickstick. I’d rather poke around in those temps then sit. My upper body is always fine it’s my damn toes that get rough in those temps.

26-Dec-17
x3 Hick and Spike!

26-Dec-17
Forgot to mention I can see just as many squirrels from the comfort of my house ;)

26-Dec-17
Had to get out at noon for customer call. Saw nothing. Did hear one moving through about 8:30 70+ yds away. Hopefully get out for last light in different spot.

26-Dec-17
I was out all day until 2pm. I'm frozen. Hunted 4 different spots. Only 1 set of tracks in snow. No deer seen or heard. Rough day. I'm thawing at home now. I'm done for the day. Good luck.

26-Dec-17
I went out and pushed for a few guys. While I was stuck in a thorn bush, I heard the boom. Finally caught up with them and this kid shot at "the biggest buck he's ever seen". It was a clean miss. Saw some turkeys too so it was a great day.... until I fell into the "frozen" brook up to my neck on the way out!!!

Will, this was up in your neck of the woods. Tracks everywhere on the east side of the river

26-Dec-17
No deer here in z 8. Not even a track. I think mass wildlife needs to do more valuation on our deer population

26-Dec-17
Went out for a bit this afternoon to try out my new clothes and follow some footprints. First the clothes. OMG, wind proof and waterproof with down underneath is the Bomb! Just a few layers and I was sweating out in 21 degree temps and 25 mph winds. Granted I was walking around a bit, but what a difference. Gonna try to get out on Thursday when it is really frigid and sit on the ground to really put things to the test.

Now the footprints. Plenty of them, and not where I expected them. They seem to be sticking to high ground, not the swamps or low areas. Sneaky bastards. They were walking around for sure. Did not find any beds. Marked some nice potential spots for next season.

26-Dec-17
Sat for the last 2.5 hours tonight. The heater body suit kept me warm until the last 45 minutes when I saw 4 doe coming up off the neighbors property. I unzipped it and dropped it off my shoulders and grabbed my bow . I watched em browse until dark but the closest they got was 45 yards. By the time they worked out of view I was frozen !! But I was in the game . Tomorrow is the day !!! Good luck everyone !!!

26-Dec-17
I was out from 10:30 till dark . Did some major walking. Sadly the only deer I saw was a headless buck . I am fairly sure it was a poaching . Coyotes had some but it was still very fresh and not frozen.

At least I found a good area for next season .

26-Dec-17
Tomorrow is the ice fishing day! Today was a wrap for me. Great season. Good luck the last few days guys. The deer gotta move with this cold!!

27-Dec-17
Nothing yesterday afternoon. Had my younger daughter with me. She thought she saw a few! lol Hope to get out today with her, but it is bitter out...

27-Dec-17
I still have a few more days with the stick and string....thursday and saturday.....went out on yesterday afternoon...ton's of fresh sign..few beds.....hoping to get one more before the end.....good luck guys.......

• Sitka Gear