nehunter 26-Dec-17
notme 26-Dec-17
DeerDan 27-Dec-17
Sgt. York 27-Dec-17
Sgt. York 27-Dec-17
jax2009r 27-Dec-17
N8tureBoy 28-Dec-17
26-Dec-17
Decided that my year is over for deer hunting, but I plan on spending some time hiking and scouting for next year. I had a slow season but still enjoyed the time in the field.

26-Dec-17
I'm likely with you Bob. Holiday family stuff, my wives work schedule and the evil conditions for deer up here (3" of Ice with 6" of snow on top - ugh) all conspire to have me feeling like dreaming of thunder chickens, tying flies, and doing other fun winter activities (hiking, xc skiing etc).

Glad you enjoyed the season! Have a good rest of the "holiday week"!

26-Dec-17
Pretty much done as well. Lackluster season here for me with work and crappy deer population in my area. I’m looking forward to calling some predators in and scouting in the snow for next year.

26-Dec-17
Well I'm almost done I think.. I'm sure I will find reasons to stay in the warm house rather than freeze in a tree. bbb those places I showed you are great Turkey hunting spots. See you in the Spring!

26-Dec-17
Probably go one more time. Not sure if it'll be a late morning or evening hunt.

26-Dec-17
I went out this afternoon and moved ground blind to a food source where I have been getting a lot of night time pics on trail camera. didn't see anything but hoping they come out early to feed when the temps drop later in the week. #HailMary

26-Dec-17
I am done now also. Collecting cams this weekend.

26-Dec-17
I won't quit until next weekend. May not get out much with the cold, but as much as I can. Was out this afternoon and had 4 does walk by at 23-25 yards, just a few yards out of my effective longbow range. Was killing me to not shoot with four tags in my pocket. Also saw half a dozen turkeys. Actually one of the best days in a stand this season.

26-Dec-17

nehunter 's embedded Photo
They were all over my yard midday today. Five eating my corn pile

26-Dec-17

26-Dec-17
I was contimplating maybe possibly friday...then i read this post and said ,ya im done,....then at 4:14 i saw 6does under my stand..uuuuuugh!!!!

27-Dec-17
I went out yesterday afternoon but did't see anything, just lots of coyote tracks but not one deer print. Going to try and go till the end.

27-Dec-17
Done. My mentor/father in law gave me some good advice this year. “Don’t make getting a deer your “job”. It takes all the fun out of it”

27-Dec-17
Done. My mentor/father in law gave me some good advice this year. “Don’t make getting a deer your “job”. It takes all the fun out of it”

27-Dec-17
snow on the ground nice and cold...not sure why you would hang it up ....

28-Dec-17
Good advice Sgt.! If it was my job I would have been fired long ago.

• Sitka Gear