woodstick 27-Dec-17
pawpaw 31-Dec-17
JayD 31-Dec-17
26-Dec-17

woodstick's embedded Photo
I have a hard time aging some bucks from pictues. This looks like a 5.5 or older buck, but his rack is small and no browtines. Is he older and past his prime, or younger than I'm thinking?

26-Dec-17
Do you have any other pictures at different times of the year and different angles?

26-Dec-17

He just showed up.

26-Dec-17
3.5 yrs

26-Dec-17
He may be 4.5 by looking at his body. His thin slick antlers say 3.5. I hope he sticks around for you to hunt next season.

27-Dec-17
3.5 - 4.5. Shoot him and we can find out for sure. Goodluck.

27-Dec-17
I can't judge deer. I focus too much on the tenderloins.

27-Dec-17
I've seen more bucks than does this year. I haven't got a shot at any bigger ones. There was a buck in that spot who was a 4pt that size for 3 years. I'll have to pull up the old pictures of him. If it's the same deer, he's 5.5. Might not be the same deer, maybe his offspring.

31-Dec-17
I would say 4+. Looks like his stomach sags a little which happens at 4. I am thinking antler size should not be taken into account when aging deer?

31-Dec-17
I think I would agree with a few on here that say 4.5 but could be 5 and 1/2. I have to admit I hate when one likes that shows up this time of year because I have this happen every year and a majority of them don’t show up the following Fall. I think they move in for the availability of food in my area over the winter months. They are hammering my food plots right now and the honeysuckle.

• Sitka Gear