Longbeard 28-Dec-17
hookman 28-Dec-17
Babysaph 28-Dec-17
gobbler 28-Dec-17
Rutbuster 28-Dec-17
hookman 28-Dec-17
gobbler 28-Dec-17
26-Dec-17
Just got on my computer to purchase my 2018 license and there is no place on the site to pick what license you need. This will be my first year to get my XS license(senior) and the only thing it shows is extra tags to add to cart and then it says not available. Guess I'll have to call tomorrow unless anyone knows the answer.

26-Dec-17
I will be 65 next month , i dont think you can buy Class XS on line , you must apply by mail to drn or in person at dnr a office . If you go ELS site click on Senior Licenses, and get a application, You must be 65 years of age , so for me Imust wait until Feb 1 2018

26-Dec-17
hookman,

I went to the game check in page and scrolled down to the bottom. There is a link to hit "senior license" It looks to me that you will have to print the form and mail it in. I really don't know if that is true but it looks that way to me. Good luck!

26-Dec-17
You can get everything else on line, I just dont understand why you cant get senior lic on line, but that is way it is. I will sending my application next month , must be 65 not 64 and 11 months , so i must buy reg license for a month if i want to hunt or trap in Jan ,

26-Dec-17
There is no link for senior license on here. Went to the game check and not there.

26-Dec-17
I turned 65 last April so what am I supposed to do till I get my license?

26-Dec-17
GO to DNR SITE, els click on senior license in application it under print license applications, Like i said must mail it in or take to dnr office, It is there you are just missing it.

27-Dec-17
Be careful about buying a lic. before you turn 65, I had a good friend buy his lic. first of last year, then tried to get his senior lic. in July when he turned 65. They told him he would have to wait till 2018 to get it, because you can't buy 2 lic. in the same year. I would really check with someone with the DNR first, esp. if your B/D is early in the year. Bob

27-Dec-17
Be careful about buying a lic. before you turn 65, I had a good friend buy his lic. first of last year, then tried to get his senior lic. in July when he turned 65. They told him he would have to wait till 2018 to get it, because you can't buy 2 lic. in the same year. I would really check with someone with the DNR first, esp. if your B/D is early in the year. Bob

27-Dec-17
I am 65 as of This past April.

27-Dec-17
I found the application. Thanks to all of you.

27-Dec-17
Hookman, just to let you know, when I turned 65, went to the DNR office in South Charleston. Don't know where you live, may not be convenient, but it didn't take very long. They did the paper work and made the card in less than an hour.

27-Dec-17
Thanks I mailed mine in today.

27-Dec-17
I thought this was free for those over 65.

28-Dec-17
You have to pay 25 dollars for a 1 time lifetime license.

28-Dec-17
Do you have to pay $25 when you turn 65 if you have a lifetime license now?

28-Dec-17
JR, I wouldn't think so, as you already have a lifetime license. It should be good till we die of old age.

28-Dec-17
Yes Longbeard.

28-Dec-17
Ok. thanks. I just wanted to make sure the rules were not changed. I am glad I bought mine years ago when they came out.

28-Dec-17
If u have a lifetime license and you die before u get to 65 you have to buy one at 65 if you want to hunt again

28-Dec-17
It looks like if you turned 65 before January 1, 2012 then you don't have to get this senior license. You have to carry a WV driver's license or a photo ID card issued by the DMV.

28-Dec-17
I mailed my application in Wed. And just so happened I had to go to Charleston so I stopped in the South Charleston office and got my license and they are mailing my letter back to me when they get it. They were very helpful and nice as could be.

28-Dec-17
No, you’re right. The only advantage to buying one if you don’t need to is to be able to doe hunt during the youth doe seasons.

• Sitka Gear