Will 27-Dec-17
Fatkid1979 27-Dec-17
Ungie01201 27-Dec-17
stillhunter 27-Dec-17
bowandspear 27-Dec-17
bowandspear 27-Dec-17
1SG Ret 27-Dec-17
27-Dec-17
Ok, so I woke up early and hunted behind my house. Too cold. I haven't seen deer in any of my spots in the last 1 to 2 weeks. I hunt a big parcel of land, so they have alot of places to hide, but wouldn't they stick to their routes of travel? The cold stinks, but I figured they would have to stay moving. Maybe they moved out of state. Keep at it and stay warm. So many layers, I don't think I can even shoulder the ML.

27-Dec-17
Ya dead in z8. Might go out after work. I’m thinking they have to move to survive?

27-Dec-17
A report from a zone 10 friend yesterday afternoon: "An exciting afternoon today. I sat in the far stand by the conservation land. At 3:30 five bucks came down the hill to the NE and stopped about 100 yds from me. Two 8’s, a 6, and two spikes. One of the 8’s came to within 80 yds but never gave me a shot. Too much brush to take the chance. Eventually, they winded me and it was all over. Fun seeing them all yarded up though."

Not sure about the yarded up bit, but they are out there and moving around, at least where he hunted.

27-Dec-17
Ya z 10. East of 495. West there isn’t too much lol

27-Dec-17
Hunting mornings is extremely tough this time of year, the deer are educated from a long season and can hear us a mile off crunching through the snow. I skip the mornings and get in early for an evening sit, the snow melts up some and the walk isn't so loud, found it was far more productive.

27-Dec-17
Extreme cold tends to keep them in bed , later into the morning. Look for warmer micro climate spots that hold the sun and protect against harsh wind.

27-Dec-17
Good luck folks! Z0 for me today... Xman that's a great point!

27-Dec-17
Well, I got to try it. I'm in a WMA for the 1st time all season. I'm at a swamp with some runs. No crops left, but hunting a swamp for water might help.

27-Dec-17
All of my pics are nocturnal here in zone 2 & 3... nice bucks... but nothing during shooting light.

27-Dec-17
Recoved the doe i shot yesterday evening in winter yard z9. Lots of deer laying in the sun steep south facing hill.

27-Dec-17
Excellent stillhunter! I'm a glutton for punishment so setup in blind with the Hawkin for the first time this year overlooking swamp on field edge. Someone followed my scent on boots coming out a here yesterday, so I did it again.

27-Dec-17
Had them breaking ice walking on both sides if field with 5 min legal shooting light but no appearances. The usual

27-Dec-17

1SG Ret's embedded Photo
1SG Ret's embedded Photo
1SG Ret's embedded Photo
1SG Ret's embedded Photo
I sat this morning dressed warm wasn’t to bad I heard something but didn’t see anything but I was loud going in with the snow and ice. Checked my camera and seen this little guy was at my spot yesterday morning and it was only 16f at camera site. Going to sit tomorrow or Friday afternoon as the last sit of the year.

• Sitka Gear