Screwball 28-Dec-17
MF 29-Dec-17
Trapper 29-Dec-17
MF 29-Dec-17
MF 29-Dec-17
Trapper 29-Dec-17
GVS 29-Dec-17
27-Dec-17
I don't expect allot of answers but any will help. I have sleep apnea and use a C-Pap and am going on a hunt next year (outfitter tent) where there is no electricity. Without spending $500 plus on a special battery for camping trips such as this does anyone have any ideas or know of anyone that uses a C-pap where there is no electricity and how they manage it?

27-Dec-17
How remote? If you are tenting because it's a pack in, options are limited but otherwise their are some decent options.

27-Dec-17
Mike, Will you be able to drive to this hunting area? Maybe you could run it off of an inverter from your 12 volt in your truck? I have one you could borrow if you need to. How many watts does it draw?

27-Dec-17
Mike - Like Trapper said a inverter works great. We have hunters every year that bring an extra battery along just for that reason.

27-Dec-17
I run my CPAP off a deep cycle battery and an inverter a couple of times each summer on lengthy camping trips. It works great. Turn off your moisturizer/heater to cut down on power consumption. With a fully charged deep cycle battery in top condition you can easily run your CPAP for 5-7 days. Most of the CPAP specific batteries are expensive and only last a few days. If weight is no object, a deep cycle battery/inverter is an awesome option.

27-Dec-17
I keep hearing ads for this on the radio-

Inspire therapy is an innovative Obstructive Sleep Apnea treatment option for people unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP. The fully implanted system delivers mild stimulation to key airway muscles which keeps the airway open during sleep.

27-Dec-17
I had sleep apnea . Went to my doctor for advice & had Heart surgery with 4 bypasses . No more Apnea . Doc said the majority of Apnea issue are blocked arterys .

28-Dec-17
I didn’t tolerate cpap very well so I switched to a mandibular displacement oral appliance. No mask, no hoses, no power needed, no surgery. It is an adjustable denture like appliance the pushes your lower jaw forward slightly to keep the airway open. Had to go to a dentist that specialized in treating sleep disorders to have it custom made but it was covered under insurance as a durable medical device. Completely eliminated the travel hassles of cpap.

28-Dec-17
Simple fix as I've been doing it for years. Get a deep cycle marine battery, an car plug adapter for your specific model cpap machine, and a female cigarette socket with attached pigtails you simple clamp on the battery. About $30 bucks for adapters and whatever you want to spend on batteries [deep cycle wheel chair batteries work great and they aren't that big]. Just google up the right cables.

28-Dec-17
At bear camp last spring the outfitter ran a generator all night for one client that needed C-pap. Sounds like a battery and and inverter would have worked fine and the battery could have been recharged during the day when the generator was on if needed.

28-Dec-17
Thanks guys for all the info. I know what I need to do to getter done! This is part why I like bowsite.

28-Dec-17
Went on a ten day horseback, 29 mile ride in, tent, elk hunt. Been a Cpap user for 10 years. My heart is clear as are arteries. ;-) Had sleep disorder since I was a kid. I took a marine deep cycle battery from batteries plus, and a converter. Worked great. I have also looked into solar chargers if needed. Not using humidifier does cut down on battery drain. No problems and guides were great help planning ahead as well. Enjoy

29-Dec-17

MF's Link
What do you guys think about this? Would it be enough for a few days

29-Dec-17
How many amps does your machine draw mike?

29-Dec-17
Trapper it says on the bottom of the machine DC24V 3.7A

29-Dec-17
Found this.....Converters allow you to use your C-Pap device from a 12V or 24V DC power source in a car, boat or other vehicle that has a suitable battery

29-Dec-17
MF, In theory, you will need a 444 watt inverter. I would probably get a 600-700 watt.

29-Dec-17
My wife uses a c pap so when we are off the grid I bring a deep cycle wheel chair battery. I know that it will do at least 3 nights. I never tried to see if it would do more. I hook up a small 70 watt inverter which is nice because the small inverter does not have a fan so therefore it is silent. Perhaps a small solar charger would keep you going indefinitely.

• Sitka Gear