Heartshot 27-Dec-17
Passthrough 28-Dec-17
InRut-KB-Bowhunter 28-Dec-17
GMAN 28-Dec-17
Mt man 28-Dec-17
longbeard 29-Dec-17
bigbuckbob 29-Dec-17
27-Dec-17
With this cold weather is anyone seeing a pattern change? I got some bucks coming back on my cameras from pre november rut so must be back to their core bedding area. Also some late afternoon movement but still lots of night time movement. thinking or hitting up some thick travel corridors to see if I can get them moving, one of my travel corridors showing good tracks.

27-Dec-17
Four does yesterday and 9 total in last four outings. No shots at any. All on same property in Putnam.

I have about 100 hrs in stand with BOW this year. I've seen 22 does/fawns and ZERO bucks. Saw 4 bucks during firearms season (shot one), for another 38 hours. No bucks seen during ML, approx. 9 hours. I only count what I see from stand/blind, not what I bump going in/out, which would be another doz. or so. (all does to the best of my ID)

27-Dec-17
Cold, windy weather means hunt the leeward side of the ridges, thick stands, sunny slopes. The area I went to yesterday had lots of tracks in exactly that kind of area as I had suspected. They were up high earlier in the season when the weather was warm, so the conditions this time of year makes a difference. I think late afternoons is probably the best time to go out as I think they'll be coming out to feed.

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
10:30 am on Christmas morning
Tall 1's embedded Photo
10:30 am on Christmas morning
I went out and took 3 cameras out. 2 of the 3 had beautiful bucks that were never there all year. They could be on the fawns for the late rut or just from surrounding pressure. Most after dark but a few morning and afternoon too. I also had a nice 8 cruise by on Christmas morning at 10:30.

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Another new buck
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Another new buck

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Another
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Another

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Wide one
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Wide one

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Practicing for Santa's sleigh take offs
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Practicing for Santa's sleigh take offs

27-Dec-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
One more nice daylight cruiser
Tall 1's embedded Photo
One more nice daylight cruiser

27-Dec-17
seen three big doe yesterday nothing would offer a shot will be trying again this afternoon

27-Dec-17
Tall1 - the first couple look like young bucks, give them a few years and they'll be nice. The next few pics are of nice mature bucks, definitely shooters. You're making me think I should head out tomorrow or Saturday!!

27-Dec-17
lots of feeding...I saw 3 does yesterday feeding on acorns and brush...milling through

27-Dec-17
In RI I haven’t seen a deer in about 2 weeks been terrible over 80 hrs on stand this yr seen more bird hunters than deer learning experience should have put more time in ct won’t hunt RI next yr

28-Dec-17
I am seeing alot of digging for acorns. Deer seemed to have moved back into prerut mode and eat eat eat while the food is only under 2 inches of snow. Deer I harvested tuesday stomach was absolutely full of acorns.

28-Dec-17
Jon those are some greats bucks, I have said this for years, I see the biggest bucks in Dec. and the some giants the last week of Dec. In Westchester in the late 80's and the next 15 years or so I hunted in Westchester we would do pushes at the end of Dec and we shot some beautiful bucks I have shot 6 deer on Christmas eve. on my camera now I also have 3-4 bucks I haven't seen all year. My cousin just got a spot in New Cannan and he seen 6 bucks from 9 am to 1pm in 3 sits and one giant 12. if you can dress and stay warm its worth it.

28-Dec-17
Hunted early NOV>till now seen 2 deer both spikes worst season in 20 years Connecticut better wake up soon.it won't be to long we will have more hunters than DEER

28-Dec-17
I agree we need to bring back a tagging system and get rid of a few bears

29-Dec-17
Lots of feeding in daylight hours because it has been so cold and the moon time was perfect this week!!

29-Dec-17
longbeard - you got me worked up enough to unpack my gear and head out tomorrow afternoon for sit! Check with the boss first to see if we have other plans.

• Sitka Gear