GVS 02-Feb-18
GVS 02-Feb-18
Tweed 03-Feb-18
GVS 04-Feb-18
rick allison 04-Feb-18
ground hunter 05-Feb-18
Tweed 05-Feb-18
28-Dec-17
Sherwood Forest Bowmen in Sussex will be hosting an indoor 3D brush shoot and an outdoor 3D shoot Feb 3, 2018. Shooting hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be available. For more info contact Greg Szalewski at 262 853 4648.

Address:N61 W25600 Walnut Rd. Sussex, WI 53089

Directions to clubhouse: http://sherwoodforestbowmen.com/ClubInfo/Location/tabid/60/Default.aspx

RC will be there. If you have a stick bow bring it out. If not I always have a few on hand.

28-Dec-17
Is he making chili again?

28-Dec-17
Of course.

28-Dec-17
I’ll be back again.

28-Dec-17
I wish there was enough interest in this sort of thing up around me?

28-Dec-17
I will go, just to hang out I think,,,, sold 3 bows there last year,,,, nice club

28-Dec-17
Great shoot , will make it again if possible.

29-Dec-17
I ran out of bows to sell, bringing down, some out of print books I have extra copies of, if that is okay...... and some other miscellaneous stuff

29-Dec-17
I get first dibs on the books. ;)

29-Dec-17
Planning on it.

29-Dec-17
Greg, Always a great time. Hope to make it out!

Bill

09-Jan-18
I have gotten a few club members to cover setting the outdoor range this year so there should be a different look.

09-Jan-18
Since I only live a couple of miles from Sherwood Forest I will stop in on my way home from ice fishing.

21-Jan-18
Since we had nice weather and I am going to Kzoo next week the crew wanted to get the outdoor wet up today. I got out 18 targets with a few new shots mixed in with the old favorites.

Karen will make a pan of her usual egg bake and have a slow cooker full of a new mountain man type breakfast.

23-Jan-18
Greg! I'll try and drag others with me from Dodgeville, see ya the shoot! Take Care!!!!!!!!

23-Jan-18
Been there...great time! If I can pull my son off the ice in Sauk county, we'll make the trip.

23-Jan-18
Hopefully you can make it, Rick. You’ve helped a lot of us with your insight in to traditional hunting. Would be great to thank you in person!

23-Jan-18
I think I will be able to shoot my new recurve by then, I am that in front of the curve

23-Jan-18
Don't ANY of you be "afraid" to shoot. Trad shoots are a brotherhood, full of helpful, knowledgeable folks. If I'm there...hope to be...you're welcome to try mine.

23-Jan-18
I use one day a month to do "daddy" things. I'll be using it for this shoot.

Such a great time.

30-Jan-18
There's an engagement party at my house this Saturday....I'm now even more eager to get out to this shoot and stay as long as possible.

30-Jan-18
Sweet. Sounds like I have a party to attend!

30-Jan-18
Tweed and Reggie, don't forget to hook up, with my stands and stuff,,,,, I will not be able to make it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

31-Jan-18
Will do! Wish you could make it.

31-Jan-18
Hope to make it Greg! This is always fun.

Bill

02-Feb-18

Bow Crazy's embedded Photo
2014 Sherwood Forest Traditional Shoot.
Bow Crazy's embedded Photo
2014 Sherwood Forest Traditional Shoot.
Both of my sons and I plan on coming again. The last time we made it was in 2014, looking promising for tomorrow though. This is us the last time we were there. The chili is always good. Ron has a secret ingredient, roadkill coon or possum I think. :) See you there. BC

02-Feb-18
I am looking forward to seeing everyone. See you tomorrow.

02-Feb-18
Everything is all setup. Xmas tree is trimmed and a member said he would have real glass ornaments to shoot. Karen and I just finished mixing up the egg bake and a new recipe that is pretty much a mountain man type breakfast.

Yes, RC's chili is always good regardless of what he finds to scrape off of the road.

03-Feb-18
Trad archers are a great bunch. Even if you don't have the tackle guys bring extra bows and arrows so newbies can try it out.

RC will be bringing some too in addition to his chili....use caution though.....by using one of his bows or eating his chili you may sprout horns.

04-Feb-18
Thanks to everyone that came out. Numbers were down a bit this year I am guessing due to the weather but all that came had a good time. RC's chili was fantastic as usual. A number of kids have to have sore arms today as they couldn't get enough. A few cedar arrows were picked up outside by the polar bear target. Does anyone know who lost them?

Thanks again!!!

04-Feb-18
Dang...had to work...sorry I missed it. But, march 2nd is my retirement day! See y'all next year.

05-Feb-18
any pictures? I enjoyed that last year, especially being able to see Todd Symanias elk, that was quite a bull,,,,,,, it is a very nice club

05-Feb-18

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Here's the photo of the two winners of the buck pool. The winner was Dan Neumer with a 12 pointer. Ron Kulas took runner up with 10.

• Sitka Gear