PublicLandHunter 29-Dec-17
Moons22 29-Dec-17
sneakin&peakin 29-Dec-17
28-Dec-17

PublicLandHunter's embedded Photo
Found out a Marine down the street was tracking and hunting my buck as well. A few cool trail camera pics of him. I only saw this deer once last year. Never got a trail camera pic of him. But I found his rut territory, and he will be on my wall in the spring. Food for thought on cameras. Valuable, but limited and not an end-all for deer activity.

28-Dec-17

August pic

28-Dec-17
Public, don't feel bad. Unshared info is unknown info.

28-Dec-17
I would have shot him even if I knew. Deer are public property until shot, and I had history with him. Just feel a little bad that my on-the-ground knowledge beat out his early season scouting. Highlights the importance of changing techniques as the season changes. A great September hunting stand isn't always a great October stand, which isn't always a good November stand. My empathy isn't regret.

28-Dec-17
Hey you should've never shot that deer. That was his deer. ;)

28-Dec-17
I dibs-ed him fair and square last year. I'm just glad he wasn't shot the first two weeks of the season before he came to his breeding area.

28-Dec-17
That's not cool. That Was his deer.

28-Dec-17
Moons, I agree ! Public call your next years deer now. Ha Ha, it's theirs until you decide it's not. Enjoy !

28-Dec-17
He still has two nice pictures of him to frame, not including the one of me with him dead.

28-Dec-17
Public - that's really cool. You get a little more info on the shape of his range and how he related to the area - may provide good intel in the future. Wait, you are moving soon correct? Or am I confusing you with someone else moving soon?

28-Dec-17
Moons, you are joking, right?

29-Dec-17
Yup, moving in the summer. Next year would have been exciting. I had 3 bucks on my list. They are all yours if you get your Oxbow permit.

29-Dec-17
Yes I am joking . Congrats on a beautiful buck

29-Dec-17
Just curious how far away from his early fall area you ended up shooting him? Congrats, I think it always adds to the story when you have alittle history with a buck.

29-Dec-17
The guy doesn't tell us where he hunts. Likes to keep that to himself, so I don't know. Guessing from the pics and scouting, half a mile, mile at the most.

29-Dec-17
Moons, thanks and I appreciate the kidding. I just hope karma doesn't catch up to me later for shooting his deer.

• Sitka Gear