Duke 18-Jan-18
CaptMike 18-Jan-18
Swampy 18-Jan-18
ground hunter 18-Jan-18
CaptMike 18-Jan-18
Kevin @ Wisconsin 18-Jan-18
orionsbrother 18-Jan-18
29-Dec-17
saw a picture of this buck today at the archery shop,,,,, wow, this might be another state record,,,,, incredible deer,,,,, waiting for the drying period,,,,,, anyone here seen it, or know anything about it

29-Dec-17

xtroutx's embedded Photo
xtroutx's embedded Photo
GH Is this the pic?

29-Dec-17
Is that a confirmed wild deer? Looks a little "farmy" to me.

29-Dec-17
A friend from racine sent me this a week ago. He said his bil is friends with the guy that shot it. Was shot west of racine off hwy k somewhere to the best of my knowledge.

29-Dec-17

29-Dec-17
Not a state record and trout is close to the location but not where it was killed. Yes Racine co.

29-Dec-17
Know what township in Racine Co?

29-Dec-17
Sounds like Noc may be able to pinpoint that better than me. I was just told "just west of the interstate and hwy K."

29-Dec-17
The guy found Nocs stand and set up next to it. ;)

29-Dec-17
Nope he set up in my stand! ;)

Most wouldn't believe he shot a bigger one a few years ago on the same property. He's not the kind that would share his kill on public forums or the internet for the matter. Most your Racine county big buck kills are kept secret and only hear from word of mouth or pictures (in a garage) just like this.

29-Dec-17
No that is not the deer..... the deer I saw was, really the real thing,,,, I have seen enough thru the buck and bear club...... the picture , it was a high tine bruiser////

I have a call into a B and C measurer to get info

31-Dec-17
Noc, I was wondering when this pic would make the rounds. I think it's been about two months since you sent it to me and I was very careful not to tell anyone.

01-Jan-18
there was a huge typical shot in New Berlin also, 190's i think. I can't find the picture my msg's anymore

01-Jan-18
I saw a good photo of it, off a phone, looked close to 200, either way one fine animal

01-Jan-18
is this the deer that was first pictured with someone other than the shooter, then the shooter was found and now waiting the drying process??

01-Jan-18
what I saw was the archer with his buck and waiting for the drying process..... might be a new state record,,,,, good for him

01-Jan-18
ground hunter, I believe we are talking the same deer and yes just a beautiful typical, as I remember the deer was recovered behind a large retail store by someone other than the shooter, but the shooter was soon found, the pics and green score were on Wi rut report, I think it green scored 197

01-Jan-18
yep that's the buck I think, because it was the same story

01-Jan-18
Hey Crusader, that sounds like a Braun Rd deer that ran towards Durand.

01-Jan-18
it was shot by an older fella with a crossbow by chance? I saw the picture I think.

01-Jan-18
no the picture I saw, was a young hunter, looks to be in his 30's maybe

02-Jan-18
There was a huge buck shot behind the Costco in New Berlin. Potentially a state record.

02-Jan-18
Browning that is the one I am talking about,,,,

02-Jan-18

letfly4score's embedded Photo
letfly4score's embedded Photo
Is this the one?

02-Jan-18
yup thats it

02-Jan-18
That`s a brute....need more pics and the story.

02-Jan-18
letfly4score, that is the buck, dandy for sure.

02-Jan-18
Noc, CD, I didnt know that buck was a secret, I just read the thread and had just recieved the pic a couple week prior. I meant no harm by posting it. My apologies.

03-Jan-18

Kevin @ Wisconsin's embedded Photo

03-Jan-18
Legit? I'm surprised there is not more discussion on this buck here unless lucky hunter was staying off the grid completely.

03-Jan-18
Maybe he has a cousin in Michigan that shot a brute back in the 90s ;-)

03-Jan-18
Maybe it will knock off the state record and the Hansen buck!! Wouldn't that be cool to bring the record back to WI. Probably a few inches short though. Congrats to the archer with a vertical bow! Enormous.

03-Jan-18
A cousin that goes by the name... Mitch. Lol! There is nothing phony looking with the New Berlin buck.

03-Jan-18
Looks like that buck will get into the 200".....you have a tiny tine deduct that is unmatched and a brow tine deduct....other than that it looks clean.

04-Jan-18
I agree, I got to look at a quality photo of it, and I think it will make 200, and I think it will be a new state record....... hope its all clean, all around,,,, congrats to the bowhunter

04-Jan-18
The picture was in WI Outdoor News already. I believe the caption said it was green scored at 191 and change.

08-Jan-18
Is anybody going to bk3 to see it measured tonight?

08-Jan-18
What's so amazing to me is that if this deer does indeed become the new bow state record, this will be the fourth new state record in 8 years.

The southern half of the state has put out some huge bucks the past decade.

And then there is the Jordan buck of the north. :)

08-Jan-18
I wish I could be there. Work. Then home for dinner with the family.

08-Jan-18
BK Archery shop posted: Net 187 7/8. Number 4 in the state.

09-Jan-18

09-Jan-18
Thays incredibly big but I believe the north still the record for the state:)))

09-Jan-18
Does it really matter what number it is? That is a gorgeous buck and the trophy of a lifetime. Congratulations to the lucky hunter.

09-Jan-18
When I see deer like that in these pics I think STEROIDS. def. has to b fed n raised basically with a fence around it to get looking like that. Not natural/ they r chemical fed deer. The meats shit cuz what they feed um.

09-Jan-18
Not a natural god made deer. no regards to the animals health just how big the rack gets.

09-Jan-18
Meathunter.....I don't believe this was a farmed, high fence deer.

09-Jan-18
If isn't WOW. If is should b ashamed as a hunter.

09-Jan-18
Are you really from WI???? Most people know where New Berlin is and its just a Waukesha County burb. This monster was shot behind a Costco.

18-Jan-18

Trapper's Link
Update

18-Jan-18
Great story, good guy, giant buck!

18-Jan-18
Great story and thanks for sharing. Things really got dicey there in a hurry when he jumped it up and it was heading into residential ground. I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster he was on.

Meathunter, you're a meathead and your fanatical approach of trying to sound like a dope while typing is old. PPS: Poser Pot Stirrer

18-Jan-18
Great deer, great story!

18-Jan-18
That's like winning the lottery . Odds are about the same . Nice deer for sure .

18-Jan-18
what did he use for a bh? a Rage? ( sorry I could not help myself)

18-Jan-18
Good one, GH!

18-Jan-18
I heard on talk radio that a lot of the snowflakes in the neighborhood are upset that their buck was killed .

Apparently these people couldn't give two rips if people get killed, but shoot the majestic buck that visits their yards and snowflakes lose their minds.

18-Jan-18
Good for him!! Great buck!! His kids will remember being part of the tracking party for the rest of their lives. The people complaining can pound sand.

• Sitka Gear