Jebediah 07-Jan-18
Pi 07-Jan-18
Pi 07-Jan-18
Jebediah 07-Jan-18
Pi 07-Jan-18
Techfixer 08-Jan-18
Come november 08-Jan-18
29-Dec-17
As I was freezing in my stand this afternoon I started thinking about what the best snacks are. Chips are a definite no go and if I need to explain why you probably don’t belong on this site. Things like candy that have individual wrappers are no good on day like today because you have to take your gloves off to eat them. So that brought me to my favorite stand snack my wife’s banana bread, I heat it up just before I walk out the door, wrap it up in some aluminum foil and it was still warm when I ate it. For tomorrow’s last morning sit of the 2017 season I will be going with another favorite my wife’s apple cider donuts and one more slice of banana bread. What are some of your favorite stand snacks?

29-Dec-17
To be honest, rarely out long enough for snacks to be relevant. To be dishonest, I'll say my favorite hunting snack is pizza. Wrapped in a Doritos bag.

29-Dec-17
Pop Tarts.. Nobody wants to admit it, but we all bring it. Breakfast and lunch of champions. I like it because of its space age wrapping and I can still eat it after it has sit for five years in my pack. Don't even try to tell me that you guys have not been starving to death out there, only to dig through your pack and find that shiny package of five year old goodness.

29-Dec-17
Pop tarts are delicious. No argument there.

29-Dec-17
Pop Tarts are tasty... have to ask though - PK are you on a facebook group which involves bowhunters and boston by chance? Because I'm on one, and every time snacks come up, so many guys and girls say poptarts that it's become a joke, with people posting pic's of grocery store shelves full of pop tarts :). Those brown sugar ones are frigging yummy.

I waffle here. I dont snack much out there. Sometimes an apple, or banana. Sometimes a sandwich. Sometimes a protein bar... But overall, I dont eat to much.

Day's like today though... Love me a thermos of tea/coffee/hot lemon and honey water etc...

29-Dec-17
I make a mixture of unsalted peanuts, raisins and m&m's and keep it in a large plastic vitamin bottle. Tasty and keeps the furnace running.

29-Dec-17
I guess I’m a minimalist. Always take water, that’s it. Of course I don’t normally sit more than 3 or 4 hours. Not like I’m starving myself.

30-Dec-17
Will, ya I recently found that page. Those boys east of us have taken some nice deer. Are they baiting with pop tarts? :)

30-Dec-17
Depends,if i spent the night before with new girl i just lick my flavor savor..other than that egg rolls and hershey bars

30-Dec-17
You CT guys NM :)...

PK - no kidding huh. A few big western mass deer, but one would think there is a PY behind every 3rd tree in Z10-11 after spending a week on there. Oh, and a doe behind every 2nd and 3rd...

31-Dec-17
Never taken pop tarts ...I have taken everything else from just a candy bar to a couple sandwiches and soup...I'll throw a pack of pop tarts in my pack before I put it away for the non hunting season...you know ..just so I know they are there ... )

31-Dec-17
Now the real question is strawberry or chocolate flavored?

31-Dec-17
Apples, peanut butter crackers, pop tarts, nature valley granola bars, protein bars, beef sticks, trail mix, sandwiches, etc. and hopefully NOT all at once.

31-Dec-17
Lol, sounds like people are having a feast. Is this why you all hunt? So you can eat what the wives don't let you eat in the house? Lol. I eat a granola bar and a pack of pop tarts in the truck while driving to the spot and that's it. Nothing in the field.

31-Dec-17
Strawberry poptarts. Sometimes the brown sugar ones.

31-Dec-17
Definitely strawberry is the best.

05-Jan-18
Some important news coming from my television tonight: apparently they're adding more icing to Pop Tarts.

05-Jan-18
Am I missing something ... What the Hell is a Pop Tart ?

06-Jan-18
Jeb, you clearly don't know your Pop Tarts, brown sugar beats strawberry hands down.

Pi, you serious with that question? You been living under a rock for the past 50 years?

06-Jan-18
Under a rock!! Brown sugar sucks strawberry or blueberry!!!

06-Jan-18
Actually I am a lisenced Pop Tart taster. Pi, Pop Tarts are the best thing ever created by the hands of men. Just go to the grocery store and ask for "the best ever created by the hands of men."

06-Jan-18
pork chops...that's what I bring.....4-5 in my pack...i'm good to go......

06-Jan-18
Let me settle this pop tart thing once and for all. It is Cinnamon, not only because of taste but it acts as a scent cover. And you guys call yourselves hunters. :)

06-Jan-18
This winter, for cold sits, I have packed i extra hot homemade chicken broth in a yeti thermos. Has kept me in my seat much longer.

06-Jan-18
Let me get this straight . There is pre- packaged , individual size portions of sweetened food that has a variety of flavors and sugar on top ? How is that possible ?

This "grocery store" that you speak of , I presume it is a place of produce . There within , is a vendor of sorts which will direct me to this " best food ever created by the hands of men" That's it ? it sounds so easy and convenient that I dare say some Tomfoolery must be at hand . Surely this is a prank at my expense. Oh, you big fibbers are at it again. I can hardly wait to tell the elders ...

Dare I say not to carry on with this too far,lest you be taken for tricksters or worse yet , ye be knowneth as sorcerers . The price of which is at best a good tar and feathering and at worst an eternal flame.

Now head my words ye Hooligans and hush before it is too late !

07-Jan-18
Correct. The individual portion comes in a box. Inside there are several foil pouches containing sub-portions. Each pouch contains two sub-sub-portions.

07-Jan-18
Hellfire ! Blasphemy ! The End of the World is at hand ! REPENT !

07-Jan-18
Hey these things are good ... Yummy , delicious ... Best damn thing man ever made.

For you Tart Enthusiasts , Reluctantly , I have become the Pop Tart Secretary and have composed a list . Rumor has it that 9 previously discontinued flavors will be making a comeback. More Tart News to follow.

The List : Pop Tarts come in a variety of flavors. Currently, there are almost 100 of them:

Frosted Edit: Banana Split Frosted Blueberry Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosted Cherry Chocolate Chip Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosted Chocolate Fudge Cinnamon Roll Frosted Cookies & Cream Frosted Raspberry S'mores Frosted Strawberry Frosted Wild! Berry Blueberry Muffin Frosted Wild! Grape French Toast Hot Chocolate DD's Vanilla Latte Confetti Cupcake

Unfrosted Edit:

Blueberry Strawberry Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Splitz Edit:

Strawberry Blueberry Chocolate Strawberry Chocolate Vanilla

Limited Edition Edit:

Dulce De Leche (2008) Guava Mango (2008) Chocolate Banana Split (2009-2010) Orange Cream (2008-2009) Choc-o-Lantern Frosted Chocolate Fudge (2010-Present)

Printed Fun Edit:

Barbie Sparkleberry Barbie Islandberry Indiana Jones Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pictionary dic Nascar Brown Sugar Cinnamon Printed Fun Gingerbread Gingerbread Sugar Cookie

Whole Grain Edit:

Strawberry Brown Sugar Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge

Discontinued Edit:

Frosted Grape Hot Chocolate French Toast Wild Tropical Blast Frosted Caramel Chocolate Frosted Double Berry Mint Chocolate Chip Disney Princess Jewelberry Hello Kitty Meowberry Wild Magic Burst Apple Cinnamon Strawberry Cheese Danish Dutch Apple Wild Strawberry Wild Strawberry with Holiday Sprinkles Ice-Berry Blast Trivial Pursuit Frosted Lava Berry Explosion Chocolate Vanilla Creme Wild Bubble-Berry Robo Berry Blast Pirates of The Caribbean Treasure Maps Chocolate Banana Split

Low Fat Edit:

Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosted Strawberry Frosted Chocolate Fudge

Pop Tarts Crunch Edit:

Strawberry Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Go Tarts Edit:

Strawberry Brown Sugar Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Chocolate Fudge

Pastry Swirls Edit:

Strawberry Apple Cinnamon Cinnamon Creme Danish Cheese Danish Cheese and Cherry

Popsters Edit:

Chocolate Blitz Strawberry Blast

Fruit & Yogurt Edit:

Strawberry Blueberry

Snak-Stix Edit:

Frosted Berry Frosted Caramel Frosted Double Chocolate Cookies & Creme Snak-Stix

Ice Cream Shoppe Edit:

Ice Creme Sandwich Hot Fudge Sundae Strawberry Milkshake Vanilla Milks

07-Jan-18
apparently cabin fever is a real thing. I know its cold, but you need to go outside Pi, just get up walk away from your computer and go out side.

07-Jan-18
If I wasn't hacking up a lung this week I would.

Correction : would have more than I have, after sitting for 4 hours on Saturday. Snow removal , Wood gathering , dog walking , Helping neighbors , New Years Eve wedding , Gift giving to the special folks who have graced my life this year. Removing stands , Assisting some elderly folks and working with my neighbor to clear the ice dam that we call our road... Nothing like a touch of Pneumonia to slow me down . But next week Ill get back on track and really get things done. Thanks for the push Stillhunter.

07-Jan-18
just looking out for your mental health. The longevity of this pop tart thread had me concerned. Feel better friend.

07-Jan-18
Speaking of Pop Tarts--how many do you think you could eat at once? I bet I could eat ten.

07-Jan-18
Thanks Stillhunter, I know it got a bit off the rails ... But it is a pleasant diversion and much better than a prolonged description of the rather unpleasant side effects of whatever this is that decided to invade my well being. Among which are coughing so deeply and persistently that I am now naming the new constellations in my field of view , trying unsusessfully not to heave lunch while getting a bit of air beyond the raspy gurgiling of liquid lungs and burning throat . Then there is the random spastic convulsions which accompany the persistent and sometimes surprise leaking of every place in the human body that can manage to do so ...

But it's better than the Flue ! And I am much better today . No worries .

Now, Back to Pop Tarts .

07-Jan-18
Jeb I once ate 21 pork-chops . I bet I could get down 40 PT's . They aren't eggs after all.

07-Jan-18
Forty. Holy cow. I need to start training immediately. I've got what it takes--no pain no gain.

07-Jan-18
I have faith in you friend . Jebediah and the Mountain of Pop Tarts . It has a Biblical ring to it. Begin your training ... Reach for greatness !

08-Jan-18
I've been tempted to bring crunchy glass but I don't like how it comes out. Usually I bring some kind of granola bar,health bar, raisins, dried apricots, etc. Yeah the bars taste like the food that falls under your car seat, but they work. I take em out of the wrapper and put it in a zip lock bag, then into outside pocket. Water or a cut up apple for fluid.

Techfixer

08-Jan-18
Tink’s makes estrous scented pop tarts

• Sitka Gear