Adolfs Meat & Sausage Kitchen
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
fishstu 30-Dec-17
ctbowhunter 30-Dec-17
Tall 1 30-Dec-17
hookee 31-Dec-17
30-Dec-17
Another shout out for Adolfs Meat & Sausage Kitchen at 35 New Britain Ave, Hartford, 860-522-1588. I took 50 lbs. of trimmed venison up and got back 116 lbs. of delicious sausage back. 80 % jalapeno cheese kielbasa, 10% brats, and 10 % hot dogs. Joe (the owner) & Pawel can and will make any sausage recipe for you. I had eaten jalapeno cheese venison kielbasa made by Dotti-Lou Packing Co in Stevensville, PA which was absolutely delicious but is a 4 1/2 hour drive one way from me. So I looked around for a place closer that would make venison sausage to my recipe (all of the local sausage makers I talked to only make their standard recipe) and am very happy to have found Adolfs - they are the real deal for sausage making and meat smokers. If you are looking for something a little different try jalapeno cheese venison kielbasa. I had mine made mild so more people enjoy eating it. The Jalapeno flavor balances the fat taste on the tongue, gives the sausage a crisp finish – it’s delicious!

30-Dec-17
Having tried some of fishstu's venison, I agree Adolf's does a great job. Joe will also send you home with delicious samples of their kielbasa.

30-Dec-17
Awesome Stu. They are great to work with for sure. Congrats on your deer too..Walt sent me the pic.

31-Dec-17
That is where I go also - fantastic shop !!!

• Sitka Gear