stillhunter 30-Dec-17
peterk1234 30-Dec-17
Wachusett 30-Dec-17
Will 30-Dec-17
jdrdeerslayer 31-Dec-17
Belchertown Bowman 31-Dec-17
Wachusett 01-Jan-18
30-Dec-17
I'm looking to join a gun club this year, been meaning to for a while. Anyone have experience with these clubs?

Norco in Princeton, The Eight Point Sportsman's Club, Leominster Sportsman's Association, or the Westminster rod and gun

Mostly just looking for a place to sight in, practice with deer rifles and hand guns, and hopefully have 100 yds + of shooting. I don't do skeet or trap so that's not as big of a concern at this point.

I haven't don't much looking yet so I don't even know if these places have openings but I figured I'd ask you all to see if you could steer me one way or another.

Thanks in advance for the input.

30-Dec-17
Fitchburg sportsmans club in ashburnham is cheap ive been a member seven year's i think. Only hundred yard rife range, but has seperate pistol range, trout pond, stock pheasents and 500 acres to hunt. Also 3d archery couse, but no archery league.

30-Dec-17
Still, I live around the corner from them and I was thinking of joining this year. Do they have a 3D course?

30-Dec-17
Yes, but it seems to get very little intrest from members. They leave it all out all summer thou so you can go use it when ever.

30-Dec-17
Thanks for the info still! Maybe we will cross paths some day. Happy New year

30-Dec-17
Its not the type of club that would turn anyone away for not having a sponsor, but if eaither of you want one let me know. Happy new year

30-Dec-17
Wachusett, its probably in the wrong direction for you but Worcester Pistol & Rifle in Boylston, right off of Route 140. 100 yard rifle, 45 or so yard action pit, and out door pistol range. Also a five lane indoor range that is open 24/7. The action pit is awesome. We will shoot steel plates or do mock IDPA stuff. The club does monthly pin shoots and IDPA events. I am a beginner, but have done a couple of these things and it is a lot of fun. I do not take it seriously, just go there to learn, gain experience and be shoved out of my comfort zone. Actually, tomorrow at 4:30 they are doing an IDPA practice session indoors. Lots of fun, doing various practice drills, including shooting in the dark! Great group of folks. I am hooked bad. Even started reloading because we were going through 1000 rounds a month this summer. Now that I am back into archery, own a muzzleloader, and plan to purchase a shotgun...... I will not have any time to work. Pete

30-Dec-17
Pete - I hear that, you can only have so many hobbies, right? Sounds like a good club, I had to look up idpa but it seems like a pretty cool sport. Great skills to have just in case.

Stillhunter, thanks for the suggestion. May be a bit on the far side for me but I won't rule it out. I have a couple of these clubs within a few miles so I'd like to check them out first.

30-Dec-17
I keep thinking of joining Petersham Rod and Gun. Grew up there, know a lot of the folks, really nice archery 3d course and the kids fishing derby is just flat out awesome. It's a poke though, 40-45' from Leominster for reference.

I thought about joining Leominster - it's a nice set up and they do some good things. I dont remember the work requirements etc... but, it was a little more than I was able to swing the last time I looked at it. Wasnt bad, but with little kids, and still having a friend with a yard you can shoot guns safely in... I couldnt justify it for how much I'd use it.

A buddy of mine LOVES 8pt, but he does shoot pretty much all trap/skeet/sporting clays (I think the last one as well...). The facility is nice, I used to tie flies with the New England Fly Tyers when they met there weekly during the winter maybe 6 years ago.

Norco looks nice, and I think that's the one that does the MDFW kids thing in the fall - my wife took the kids while I was at a conference this past fall and they loved it. Made bird houses and walking sticks etc... Seemed like a good place from their review, but overall I have no idea.

I've heard good things about fitchburg - may have been from you Dean...???

One "dark horse" I hear good things about but have never been to is, I think, N. Leominster Gun Club or maybe it's actually Lunenburg come to think of it. It's off Lancaster ave in Lunenburg - basically 1-2 miles from target if you go out the back of target in Leominster towards Lunenburg.

31-Dec-17
Gardner, Royalston, petersham,Orange ,Hardwick all are good clubs

31-Dec-17
Wha,.. at my club I have met folks from Worcester who said clubs there are all full and not accepting new members,.. I was surprised folks traveled out sorta my way.

Anyways this is the one I met some Worcester folks at

NENAMESECK SPORTSMEN'S CLUB Address: 150 Bacon Rd, Palmer, MA 01069 Phone: (413) 967-3720

120 a year I think it was,.. need to renew this year.

01-Jan-18
Thanks for all the good info. Glad to hear you guys have had good luck at multiple clubs. I'll have to get out and do some legwork now to see what they all have, openings, dues, etc. Thanks again.

• Sitka Gear