ground hunter 01-Jan-18
RutnStrut 01-Jan-18
RUGER1022 01-Jan-18
Sidekick 01-Jan-18
Jeffd 02-Jan-18
lame crowndip 02-Jan-18
DoorKnob 02-Jan-18
30-Dec-17
Just trying to start some conversation, to darn cold to be outside. I know we are all here because we love to bow hunt, but just curious what other hobbies you all enjoy doing when not in the woods, I love bass fishing, ice fishing, making knives, fishing for panfish, coyote hunting, the packers, family and friends.

Carl

30-Dec-17
Bird taxidermy, pan fishing, turkey hunting, and my obvious love for deer. Bow hunting is my escape from the real world grind.

30-Dec-17
Uncovering WI bowhunting history and writing about it (articles in mags & book), working outside up at my property , woodworking, volunteer work on behalf of the WI bowhunting museum and the WBH

30-Dec-17
Health & Fitness, scouting for whitetails, trapping a few weeks through the winter, steelhead/Turkeys in the spring, on my boat in the summer.

30-Dec-17
Getting caught up on inside stuff today.

Fixed the tub drain today.

Moose shanks in the smoker and as long as there was an open rack I smoked 6 lbs of venison burger.

Venison shanks in the pressure cooker.

Tomorrow I hope I am inspired to finish a few stories I have started. Also the moose shanks get finished in the roasting pan.

Right now enjoying the blues put forth by Papa Joe.

30-Dec-17
Scouting, turkey hunting and fishing (mainly musky)

30-Dec-17
Tip up fishing, boating, weight lifting, food plotting

30-Dec-17
Messing with knives today, shoot some pheasants tomorrow, pick my buddy from Africa up on Thursday and spend a week with him. He is bringing his 11 yr old son along who has never seen snow before so looking forward to that week with them.

30-Dec-17
Your right its cold out !!! For me....Late season bow,Ice fishing Wisconsin, 3 trips Minnesota ice fishing and taking three grandkids to Florida. life is good. have to get grandkids out ice fishing. Then spring turkey and musky fishing.

30-Dec-17
Next 3 months my indoor 3d leagues start . after that 2 weeks vacation . Then summer fishing season , a couple weks of panfish then fly fish for Musky , pike , bass , and spend a lot of time tying 6 to 15 inch fly's for musky .Then back to fall leagues and hunting .

30-Dec-17
working my butt off in rehab, and at home..... also organized all my hunting and fishing stuff downstairs, but then take a nap, by the wood burner.... I am great at naps.....

30-Dec-17
I do alot of fishing off season,spring walleye, summer giles and croppie, fall salmon and walleye,and ice fishing in the winter. Take the shack out,fire up the wood burner bring the four wheeler for the grandkids a few times a year and make a day out of it. This fall I framed in and insulated 1/2 of my 28 x48 pole building and got heat hooked up from the outdoor wood boiler,still need to drywall and finish it this winter. Work on my vehicles and toys more than ever now with a big heated garage. Always plenty to stay busy.

30-Dec-17
Cycling, gardening, smoking meats.

30-Dec-17
Oh and almost forgot...had x-mas at the house today 19 family members from 3 to 40 yrs old. Might be adding a big great room addition to the list this spring.

30-Dec-17
I write for a hunting magazine in Wisconsin and scout for & dream of bears.

31-Dec-17
I'm my free time I enjoy--lifting, playing poker, working on the land to improve it, and fishing. And when I'm not doing that I'm thinking about deer and elk

31-Dec-17
I hike and work

31-Dec-17
I do a little trapping and hiking/snowshoeing. Check all my trail cameras everyday or two. Line up bear bait for the fall and do a few sport shows and of course there is always the honey do list.

31-Dec-17
Lets see... In monthly order starting with September, October and November. Bow hunting deer and bear then onto gun hunting with family, then back to bow hunting in December. January and February has me wood cutting, Sturgeon spearing and Shed hunting and pheasant hunting with Skyy. March is all about Maple syrup, apple pruning and more shed hunting. Shoot a turkey in April and graft apple trees THIS YEAR I WILL BE HELPING SKYY RAISE HER LITTER OF PUPS!. May and June I will fish 3-4 evenings a week, also never ending Orchard duties all summer long. August Elk. The 3 favorite, Bow hunting, shed hunting and the 100+ fruit trees.

31-Dec-17
In order from favorite to things I like but don't get to do much. Golf, golf again, drinking beer, building things and tinkering in my garage, poker, boating and fishing in the summer, grilling, home improvements, traveling and reading books.

31-Dec-17
Lol ^^^^ thanks Crusader dad I never even thought about the drinking beer, a Wisconsin stable for sure and I am one who loves a beer now and then as well.

31-Dec-17

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
By the looks of it I should be doing something else in front of the house today.

31-Dec-17
Today my wife is painting the kids rooms and I'm putting new line on all my ice fishing stuff heading out this week hoping to put some fresh fish in the box

31-Dec-17
Church and family.

31-Dec-17
If I'm not hunting deer, elk or turkey, I am involved in with coaching sports for the kids teams. This time of year I run a wrestling club of over 90 kids. Soccer in the fall and spring also. Then whatever honey do list my wife has. I Also fit in a few tile and roof jobs besides my normal daily job. I guess staying busy keeps me out of trouble.

31-Dec-17
In the off season from hunting I mainly Muskie fish, Wisconsin and Minnesota. I also fish lake Erie, can't pass up catching 10 lb walleyes. Mostly from a boat, but with the way the weather looks I may be ice fishing for them on Erie. Otherwise , I'm a new home builder and that eats up a great portion of my time especially in the summer. Trying to make as much money as i can now, id really like to buy the farm that I lease for hunting someday.

31-Dec-17
Love chasing bull gills through the ice and on the fly rod in the spring. Also love chasing wild steelhead during spring and fall. Summer is walleye and musky, fall bow hunting deer, and trapping when fur market gets better again. Throw in a little taxidermy and family things, that's about it. I've done some carpentry so those skills get used often by family.

31-Dec-17
Faith, family, and running... Not too many dull moments growing roots at our house with three great kids who keep us on our toes!

31-Dec-17
Restoring vintage sleds preserving history.

31-Dec-17
Jakes what kind of sleds?

31-Dec-17

Rutten Buck's embedded Photo
Tired iron
Rutten Buck's embedded Photo
Tired iron
Restoring a vintage snowmobile

31-Dec-17
Chief. Like old cars I like them all but the slower "couch wagons" are what catch my eye. In particular I love the look of twin headlights. I have a 71' and 72' SnoJet Superjets, 70' Chaparral Executive, Firebird, and matching cutter, 74' Polaris Electra, 70' Roll-o-Flex Wild One and a 78' Polaris rxl clone.

31-Dec-17
Cutting wood ....Fishing pike in Saskatchewan in late March. Chasing walleyes in April and May . Bear hunting in Manitoba the last week of May . Bear hunting in Saskatchewan the first week in June . Fishing in northern Ontario in late June and July. Bear hunting in Ontario in August ..then start another Wisconsin hunting season and a whitetail hunt in Saskatchewan.

31-Dec-17
Basketball/baseball/football dad, Chasing Muskies, shed hunting, spring scouting, cyber scouting, fitness, reading, horses, amoung other things when I get a little free time.

01-Jan-18
Faith, Family, Friends and Fishing. Ran 308 guide trips last summer. Currently booking trips for next summer and Pouring through last years info for upcoming applications for elk and mule deer hunts out west.

01-Jan-18
Gunsmithing . Gun dealer doing 4 to 6 gunshows per year . Finding remote ponds & streams for Trout . Ice fishing . Walleyes year around . Do a few Estate sales eqch year .

Throw in 13 grandkids & yea I 'm busy .

01-Jan-18

Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Runnning ,camping, & officiating high school track and x-country meets

01-Jan-18
Fastpitch year round with daughter, walleye fishing/tournaments, upland bird hunting/dog training. Scouting all the time.... never bored. Not enough time in the day.

01-Jan-18

A cold run today

01-Jan-18
Glenn, you want remote ponds and streams, come up to the UP,,,, no one trout fishing anymore, I love trout fishing........................

I will check out new beaver ponds in the spring, and work at the cabin, and cut wood, and clean traps, and fish and on and on and on.................

I have got a trapping house, that I have tried to redo for the last 2 years, first thing on the list this spring,,,,,,

I use to do a lot of dog training and competition, now I just keep one lab in shape, for my hunting needs, but training really never stops.....

Spring scouting in the woods, almost like it as much as actually hunting,,,, love April in the far north woods

01-Jan-18
Turkey, predator, and bear hunting. Scouting is something I do almost year round and like groundhunter enjoy it almost more than hunting. I use to trout fish a lot, haven't for years due to summers being busy. I am usually tinkering with something at home when I have time. I have loved to wrench on anything with a motor since I was a kid. One of my big projects in the next year or so. I want to turn part of my pole shed into a skinning shed and game processing area. Add in work and the normal family stuff and there isn't time enough. As I age I'm pretty boring compared to many on this thread. But I kind of like it that way. When I had more hobbies I had less money and even less time.

01-Jan-18
Thanks Mike I may have to take you up on thay invitation . The Surgeon who just did my operations is from the UP & invited me to Trout fish.

01-Jan-18
Muskie fishing is #1 for me, including making bucktails and repainting lures in the winter. There's also time for smallmouth & walleye fishing. Traveling with my wife (she has vacation destinations planned for the next few years), spending time with family & friends, and the Badgers & Packers.

02-Jan-18
Snowmobiling in the winter, especially off trail in the mountains. Fishing/boating/waterskiing in the summer. I have recently picked up a new hobby in aviation as well which is year round, except the last couple of weeks which have been a bit on the cold side.

02-Jan-18
Lots of golf and some fishing in the gulf of Mexico.

02-Jan-18
Well ... there is cooking and eating venison :D

• Sitka Gear