Contributors to this thread:
captain 31-Dec-17
Passthrough 31-Dec-17
DeanMan 31-Dec-17
BC 31-Dec-17
fisherick 31-Dec-17
PedalPaddleHunt 01-Jan-18
31-Dec-17
Was wondering if anyone here has ever had back surgery looks like i might have to have my l4 l5 fixed if anyone has can they tell me what i might be in for like how long will i be laid up

31-Dec-17
I had back surgery 3 years ago. Depends exactly what they are doing? Disc replacement? Herniated disc that needs a shave? Screws and plates?

31-Dec-17
L4,L5,S1 were shaved and all fragments were removed. This was done 8 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Took me 3months before I was able to be cleared to go back to work. Everybody is different Capt. Good luck

31-Dec-17
Had a spinal fusion but that was over 30 years ago. I’m sure they must have better procedures now that will allow success and a good recovery. Mine was great for along time but with age I’ve gotten some arthritis. Good luck with it. No dancing.

31-Dec-17
I had 3-shot series on 2 occasions for my L4, L5 lower back about 9 years apart. Not a long recovery and had worked OK during this period. This past May I had neck surgery (ACDF) C3, C4 (removed disc and fusion) with a 8 week recovery period). After 4 weeks was able to go fishing and at 16 weeks able to go DIY Colorado elk bowhunt. They have come a long way with surgery procedures.

01-Jan-18
Everyone is different, but how long the problem has been ongoing and what exactly it is will determine the outcome and recovery time. I had a micro d done last December (2016). L5 S1. All good for a couple months. Horrible nerve pain for a couple months in the spring, it would come and go. Missed the summer kayak paddling/racing season because it hurt to sit in the boat. Rode the bike on good days, but only did about a third of the miles I wanted to. Was able to shoot the bow and had a successful hunting season. Still have some nerve issues from time to time. Listen to your Dr. Do what they tell you, and don't do things they tell you not to. Hope you make out well, it's not that bad, but it has been more difficult to recover than I anticipated.

• Sitka Gear