Moons22 31-Dec-17
Dthfrmabove 31-Dec-17
stillhunter 31-Dec-17
Pi 01-Jan-18
BruceP 01-Jan-18
BruceP 01-Jan-18
Pi 01-Jan-18
31-Dec-17
Are you allowed to bring multiple muzzleloaders into the woods?

31-Dec-17
If I recall you're not allowed to. I thought about bringing a ML pistol for finishing a deer off just in case I ever needed to but I read that it was illegal to have more than one gun or a gun that fires multiple shots.

31-Dec-17
only shoulder fired in ma. i got an optima v2,cant hunt with it.

31-Dec-17
Why not. Nothing in the abstracts says you can't.

31-Dec-17
That's what I'm saying fish... you could bring bow and muzzleloader right?

31-Dec-17
Moons, not sure about a bow and a ML, in the abstracts it says no firearms when carrying a bow. But not sure it applies during ML season, only bow season. Many of the laws need to be clarified and updated. Would depend on the local EPO. But why not.

31-Dec-17
Why not a few muzzleloaders. I need my lawyer. Pi, is this allowed?

31-Dec-17
Pi will know or will research it,..

31-Dec-17
Glad to be of service - Pi Esq.

b). During the exclusive archery period of the open season a person hunting or in pursuit of deer shall not use, have in his or her possession or under his or her control in any field or woodland a dog, a rifle, a shotgun, or a firearm of any kind, nor shall he or she have in his or her possession any shotgun shells loaded with a single ball or slug or buckshot in any place where birds or mammals might be found. During the exclusive primitive firearms season a person hunting deer shall not use, have in his or her possession or under his or her control in any field or woodland, a dog or firearm, except a primitive firearm.

Vague so far regarding Gun season : I think an additional primitive weapon is not an issue but I'm still looking for actual B@W print.

A few other interesting laws :

Hunting with Handguns: During the specified hunting seasons, it is legal to hunt birds and mammals in Massachusetts with a pistol or revolver of any size, caliber and capacity, unless the hunt is for deer, wild turkeys, migratory game birds, or gray squirrel in wildlife management zones 10 through 14. Black bear can only be hunted with 357 Magnum revolvers using .357 Magnum ammunition, and other revolvers chambered .40 caliber and larger, during the September portion of the open season.

Hunting with Rifles: During the specified hunting seasons, it is legal to hunt birds and mammals in Massachusetts with a rifle of any caliber and with a magazine capacity of any size, unless the hunt is for deer, wild turkeys, migratory game birds or gray squirrel in wildlife management zones 10 through 14. Black bear can only be hunted using rifles chambered .23 caliber and larger; or muzzle-loading rifles .44 to .775 caliber, fired from the shoulder, using a single projectile,

31-Dec-17
Looks like your OK with a bow and ML rifle OR two ML rifles during primitive firearms season. Still may need a lawyer thou.

31-Dec-17
So according to thsee laws, I can hunt coyote with my AR15 and a large cap mag. Nice. Rambo Fatkid in da house. Get ready for the news at 10. Lol. J/K. It would be funny, but alot of headaches if an EPO stopled me, or worse, a dog walker.

31-Dec-17
Once upon a time there was a 5-shot magazine capacity for semi-auto rifles, but don't see it anymore. ?????? We'll watch the news at 10. Have fun.

31-Dec-17
You are allowed to bring a bow and a muzzleloader in together. I researched that a few years ago with EPO headquarters.

31-Dec-17
So we can hunt coyotes with a rifle (.308) in Massachusetts??? So what happens if my round goes through the coyote and hits the deer???? Can I then take the deer with a salvage tag

31-Dec-17
What I really wanna know is if I can bring in 2,3,4 boom sticks in for drives or sitting over a field that is loaded with deer...

31-Dec-17
Moons judging by all the deer down from you. The odds are already too tipped in your favor to use one gun never mind 4. We are gonna have to handicap you for next year to give the herd a chance to recover !!!!

31-Dec-17
Yes you can hunt coyotes with your ar during the day but no muzzle loader pistol for deer

01-Jan-18
Moons , that is a good question and it conjures an interesting image. Duct tape ? I tried to find that answer today but I am starting to think you found a gray area. It's probably best to consult the Environmental office for this one .

I did come upon a few past posts that claim to have made the same inquiry with positive results. I didn't find anything explicitly prohibiting multiple legal guns used in the gun season . Archery season is obviously not open to gun but could you bring two bows ? Don't know that either.

Lets make some calls . Then maybe get to work on a muzzle-loader Gatling Gun for you...

01-Jan-18
Fatkid, of course that's only true if the high-cap mag is pre-ban (manufactured prior to some date in 1998).

01-Jan-18
Actually, I believe the magazine would have had to be already in MA before the ban as well, but I could be mistaken on this last point.

01-Jan-18
Clearly , the gun and devices must be on the approved list (and you must be licensed to carry it) or have that exception (grandfathered in) as Bruce P. is saying.

No machine guns / fully automatic etc.

• Sitka Gear