Contributors to this thread:
Belchertown Bowman 31-Dec-17
UrbanHunter 31-Dec-17
spike78 31-Dec-17
Belchertown Bowman 31-Dec-17
Fatkid1979 31-Dec-17
stillhunter 31-Dec-17
31-Dec-17
Some of you may have had a muzzle loader loaded during the last month like me.

New years is the perfect time to fire it off. You cannot have a round in there (remove the bullet) but a black powder load only is pretty fun to fire off,.. and it adds to the neighborhood fun,.. well my neighbors may not agree,.. but I have fun. No 500 foot limit,.. you can do it with neighbors right next door 100 feet away.

It is completely legal to dry fire a black powder gun if no actual round is chambered and it is like new years eve fireworks,. (those are illegal I think).

Pi our lawyer hopefully can confirm all that,.. LOL

Anyways like last year ,.. my lady and I will blank fire a few rounds off at/near midnight!

May you all have a great upcoming new year!!! ,.. Hey how often can you sit on your front porch and bang off some explosions. I have actually had folks answer down the road last year and we have a riot going back and forth,. cold for that this year though.

I have been eyeing a cannon but it looks like those are less than "legal" any advice on those?

BB

31-Dec-17
I don't think you can use a cannon for deer hunting in Massachusetts.... ;)

31-Dec-17
BUT if the cops want to be a holes they can charge you with disturbing the peace so keep that in mind!

31-Dec-17
Shit thanks,.. on the holes,..

Urban,.. what if I use chain shot?

I heard to fire a cannon in ma. ya need a cannoneers license but a cetrain calibar is allowed,.. 10 gauge ? ( forget) ,.. and to breath you need a breather license,.. 50 bucks!

:)

31-Dec-17
Anyone can buy a cannon, but need license to buy the powder. As for firing it, no idea about a license. I keep asking for one for my birthday to the wife. Been asking for at least 5 years. They are expensive. About $10000 for a shooting cannon. No, I didn't add a zero by accident. A non-shooting model replica can be around 3000. I'm talking big cannons. I am a fatkid. So small looks funny.

31-Dec-17
How will the cops know if it had a bullet in it after you already fired it

• Sitka Gear