drslyr 03-Jan-18
Deerdawg 03-Jan-18
alittletolate 03-Jan-18
spike78 03-Jan-18
spike78 03-Jan-18
Qdiver911 03-Jan-18
alittletolate 03-Jan-18
02-Jan-18
Any of you guys who live or hunt coyotes in or near South Coast Z 11. I am embarking on a new project and need your help. I don't know what you guys do with the coyotes after you shoot them. But I would like to take them off your hands. No idea what I am doing but I know they have to be skinned and then tanned. I am currently looking for a taxidermist to to this also. Don't know if I should skin them first and clean then send. All depends on the price associated with it. I will figure out all the details in the days to come. I will take them whole though if you are willing to part with them.

Like I said don't know how or what to do yet but I know I have a wealth of info here and a good friend of mine is going to help me along in the process and advise as needed. I have a very large chest freezer that is brand new and quite empty so I can store a few till I get going.

Thanks in advance and let me know your thoughts

02-Jan-18
If I shoot one , your welcome to it .

02-Jan-18
Good for you, it's a shame to waste anything. One bit of advice that I'm sure you already know - wear gloves any time you touch a coyote or anything else that could carry rabies. I read a study that said like 12 out of 90 coyotes they tested some years ago in MA had rabies. The number really surprised me. If you think you were exposed to saliva or brain matter (would have to get in a cut on your skin or something) they have a program at the CDC in Jamaica Plain where you can deliver them the skull and they'll test it for you free of charge, or you can go on the series of shots but the former would be better if time was on your side.

Don't ask me how I know... Haha. Good luck.

02-Jan-18
Yes I second that from personal experience. You don't want the shots.

02-Jan-18
I'm heading out tonight in my favorite spot for yotes, if I get one ill let you know!

josh

02-Jan-18
I wouldn't rely on Josh getting you one. He couldn't hit a cow at 5 yards standing still.

02-Jan-18
X2 on Vtech, should see him pheasant hunting ! Josh, what was it like, 0-9 for you in the Meadows that day, Ha Ha !

02-Jan-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
I got one today, you probably don't want it. I blew a pretty good hole in it. Lemme know if interested. I live in Natick

02-Jan-18
Moons wish I could take it but I need a pelt. Looks like you left the pelt somewhere on the rocket you hit it with. Lol

02-Jan-18
Make sure you poke that yote in the eye to make sure he’s dead lol. Seriously though a few years ago I shot one with a .308 and it blew a hole in it the size of a cantaloupe. Damn thing was lunging at me and I had to shoot it again! No mounting possible on that one. They are tough critters.

02-Jan-18
This is what I am trying to do with these pelts. Somehow I came up with the idea I wanted to have a throw blanket for the couch in the LR for the winter. Figured it would be a neat idea. I priced them online and they are ridiculous!!!! I figure I can make one for half that much. Still going to cost some serious money for a blanket but it would be pretty cool. I hope to get close to 25-30 of them by the end of the winter. Nice pelts without half of it missing. Sorry moons but it was a nice gesture!!! I don't even think there is enough to make a hat with that one, great job on the kill!!!

03-Jan-18
Look up USA fox Furs

03-Jan-18
Jezz Moons, Must have been a full moon! Lol

03-Jan-18
Skin em out and leave head attached just like a deer.. if you want to send to a taxidermist...or if your planning on just pelting them out..skin as much of the animal you want and if you plan on selling them..goodluck..they aren't worth crap...as told wear gloves...I am rabie vaccinated...myself,... I am also coyote certified through the state...to trap ,kill or remove. The rabie shots are no big deal any more...get one on day 1...day 7 and day 21...

03-Jan-18
Alittletolate, do they let you use footholds or do you have to use cage traps? Any luck with cage?

03-Jan-18
Alittletolate, do they let you use footholds or do you have to use cage traps? Any luck with cage?

03-Jan-18
First one I shot was with Big Bertha, my Barret .50 SASR. It disintegrated. Literally, pink mist & fur. Longest shot I ever made.

03-Jan-18
No footholds Spike....this is still Assachusetts. I cage them periodically...VERY PERIODCALLY.... pretty hard to get a yote in a cage....I did get a shipment of #3 footholds in yesterday... I use them in Vermont for the same thing...in VT , you can use whatever you'd like..For Nuisance wildlife. ...and that includes not needing a license...al they ask is to contact the warden for whatever area you are in, if you're planning on taking nuisance beaver.

• Sitka Gear