Sosso 02-Jan-18
Moons22 02-Jan-18
Sosso 02-Jan-18
Moons22 02-Jan-18
Dthfrmabove 02-Jan-18
Sosso 02-Jan-18
xi 03-Jan-18
02-Jan-18
I know it’s not Bow hunting related but I know that several of you hunt geese.

So my question is, with everything frozen like it is, where do you look? I’m Not looking for anyone’s spot. Just trying to work out where I should be looking with the landscape like it is.

Follow-up FYI: I regularly shoot skeet and trap. I don’t have my 200 badge yet...yet. So if you’re going out and want a student, if I get any they’re yours. I’m just looking to learn.

Thank you.

02-Jan-18
Sosso they will be roosted on the rivers that are not frozen. Hitting cut corn fields somewhat close to the river. Check fields close to the Nashua and Connecticut rivers

02-Jan-18
I’m on it! Thank you!

02-Jan-18
You're probably not that close to Hatfield but last year my buddies were sick for geese. Found about 1000 hitting a field there and got the permission. We aren't going back this year. Changs farm in Hatfield right on the Connecticut. Chances are they're still in that area so go check it out. Good luck!

02-Jan-18
Where that giant c-curve is in the river on all that farmland?

Also, best in AM or at dusk? This is my first crack at it.

02-Jan-18
I'm not quite sure exactly what field it was. It was on the east side of the river though. Both am and pm can be good, just gotta scout them. We usually get them in the morning though. They usually fly between 8-9 with some earlier and some later.

02-Jan-18
Sosso what zone are you located in

02-Jan-18
I’m in z9. Milford to be exact.

I was all over the Asabet and Blackstone rivers today and they are ice rinks. They can support me and I’m almost 300lbs.

03-Jan-18
Sosso, scout a lot. Usually the colder it is the later they fly, although if you have weather coming in they will fly out and hit that field all day. You would be surprised where they will roost on open water. If you have any dams on the rivers in you area check the out flows, no matter how rough the water is, good luck.

• Sitka Gear