bas4109 05-Jan-18
Mad dog 05-Jan-18
Mad dog 05-Jan-18
Shawn 07-Jan-18
bow shot 07-Jan-18
Squash 07-Jan-18
Silverback 18-Feb-18
03-Jan-18
Several years ago I went to one of Charles Alsheimer's seminars because I am a big fan of his "Lunar Rut Predictions" and his whitetail photography. During the course of his seminar, I also learned that Charles Alsheimer was a deeply religious man who loved his family and was a veteran of the Vietnam War. Ultimately Charles Alsheimer dedicated his life to his family, his country, his faith and his passion for whitetails and for that he was truly an impressive and outstanding man.

04-Jan-18
I was saddened to hear this news also. I am also a USAF veteran during the Vietnam war.

RIP Charles!

04-Jan-18
Sad news for sure...he was unique and highly respected.

04-Jan-18
pogo, thanks for your service.

04-Jan-18
I saw about 5 of his seminars in 18 yrs., second half of the nite he would talk about Christ and how he changed Charlie's life... not one person would leave his seat and most grown fellas had tears in their eyes. I remember sitting behind this young man with his dad... the young man was about 40 his pa next to him around 70, during Charlies sermon this guy wells up and hugs his dad with so much love, I'll never forget that moment... touched alot of hearts that night.

04-Jan-18
Buck Grunt...... you are most welcome.

Pat...... I've had the pleasure to meet him once in Elmira Heights at a sporting goods store that I used to sell to. He was indeed a gentleman.

04-Jan-18
When I went to Charlie's seminar I was assuming he would be focusing on the "Whitetail Deer" side of his life and was caught off guard when he spent a lot of his time talking about his life story and his faith (although the fact that the seminar was held in a church should have made this a little more obvious to me) Anyways, when the seminar came to an end I came away very impressed with him as a person. There is no doubt that he was a good man and you could argue that he is one of New York's most influential outdoor writers.

04-Jan-18
I always liked reading his articles. The fact that he was in NY made them seem they applied to our neck of the woods more.

05-Jan-18
I had the pleasure of attending one of his seminars a decade ago. He will be missed.

05-Jan-18
The Bath Fair is legendary. I'm sure he enjoyed it. I've spent many a summer at Lake Keuka. Was he a writer? Mad Dog

05-Jan-18

Mad dog's embedded Photo
Mad dog's embedded Photo
Ha ha. I just picked up this book the fambly got me for Christmas. Forward by Chas Alsheimer! Mad Dog

07-Jan-18
I used to see him a couple times a year at Averys deer farm. We had a camp at Pine Lake and Avery's was not too far from there. We spoke to him several times either before he was done with his photography but mostly after as we always went in the evening too feed the deer and he would be coming out of the enclosure. He always took time to talk to my kids and I, he was a great guy!! Shawn

07-Jan-18
Always appreciated his humility and wisdom. Excellent example of a solid Christian. We were hoping to one day have him as the speaker at our church's annual Beast Feast.

07-Jan-18
Actually his farm and residence was in Avoca. Some friends and I had the pleasure of meeting him at his farm years ago. He gave us a tour of his farm and deer enclosure. He later came to our area and gave a seminar. He gave me a sign copy of one of his books, “Whitetails through the Seasons.” The photos in the book are exceptional. He will be missed in the whitetail world.

18-Feb-18
I remember playing basketball against him in the early 1960's. I would sometimes run into him as he was taking pictures out and about the hills we live in. In his adult live he lived about 6 miles from me. He was always very friendly and a great guy. I was shocked when I learned he passed away. RIP Charlie.

• Sitka Gear