huntskifishcook 04-Jan-18
Jebediah 04-Jan-18
Dthfrmabove 04-Jan-18
xi 04-Jan-18
hickstick 04-Jan-18
xi 04-Jan-18
03-Jan-18

spike78's Link
Now Delaware is a deer hunters dream state. It seems they shoot for 40 dpsm. Read the deer population there. And unlike other states their harvest is actually at an all time high. I just drove through there a couple weeks ago and it had some of the nicest woods I ever saw. Oaks everywhere and young looking woods.

03-Jan-18
Makes sense Spike... the Eastern Shore of MD has been a hotbed for BC class bucks for a while now... plus you are far enough north to have good size, but far enough south to consistently have easy winters. Road trip time :)!

03-Jan-18

spike78's Link
Hell yeah Will. Here is their deer management plan. Says 50% of the deer are killed during the shotgun week and archery makes up only 10% of the kill so probably not a lot of Bowhunters. The success rate is 55%. I’m in.

03-Jan-18
I hunted in Maryland and it was great. Did not kill a buck but saw many deer and we killed a few each. They give you a lot of tags when you buy a license.

03-Jan-18
Very interesting. First time I've ever heard anything about Deleware. Flying under the radar.

03-Jan-18
Has CWD been found there? That would be the only glitch - having to have the deer totally butchered for transport back here...

04-Jan-18
House setback of 150’ with bow. Bow season Sept 1 to Jan 31st. 4 doe tags, 1 buck tag, 1 Quality buck tag. The only con I see so far is having the shotgun start right in middle of rut on Nov 10. But then again archers have already been hunting for 70 days!

04-Jan-18
Hunted Delaware and also Maryland. Lot of deer and some really nice ones. Access can be a major problem. New Jersey for archery is much easier.

04-Jan-18

Dan6310's embedded Photo
View from the back deck during the summer in the soybean field.
Dan6310's embedded Photo
View from the back deck during the summer in the soybean field.
Will, Yes, CWD in the NW corner of the state and is on the Mass. list of states that you need to have deboned meat to bring into the state. I hunted there for the first time last Oct. Saw 31 deer (all but 1 were does) in 5 days on one 2 acre parcel and harvested a mature doe. Unlimited doe tags and 1 buck tag per archery license. Just like CT. You need written permission to hunt private land. I will be going back next year and also getting permission on a couple new parcels close to where I was hunting. In Oct. it was 80deg and moderate humidity. That was tough to get use to.

04-Jan-18
It sounds like they are doing some great conservation work down in that area. I read an article about how they completely extirpated nutria on the Delmarva Peninsula, a highly invasive species, which was destroying the habitat for many other animals. Most trappers and wildlife biologists said it couldn't be done, but not a single one has been seen for quite some time now.

04-Jan-18
Extirpate? I had to look it up. Have you people been reading books or something? Don't you know about all the great TV shows to watch?

04-Jan-18
Have friends from Delaware who come up here and fish for a couple weeks with me. They have access to a hundred acres down there. I just haven't figured out how to get the time the past 2 years to get down there and hunt. Ridiculous amount of deer down there. But as I said before, you need private land to hunt wherever you go to make the trip really worth it. At least for me. I have 3 kids and a business to run if I am going anywhere I want to see oodles of deer. Lol.

All you single guys or married with no kids should be going to every state you can public or private doesn't matter

04-Jan-18
I've been blessed for what I have done concerning hunting. Hunted NJ for several years in stokes state forest, before it became known. Hunt for 3 days and see 40-50 deer, no problem filling tags. PA after that ,South Montrose area insane numbers and farmers would not let you back if you didn't shoot deer. Was often told they would rather us use a gun, or why don't we come back during the doe season with a gun. MD, hunted Wye Mills in Talbot county with the shotgun a few ago. 2 buck permits and 12 doe permits. Hunted a total of 7 hrs, shot 5. That was before CWD restrictions, but now it's unlimited doe permits on private land. Just about all private land is leased for hunting and then sub-leased for agricultural rights. OH, hunted Coshocton county, hunted the first 2 days of the gun season saw over 50 deer on private property, the locals push everything. Herds of deer walking and sometimes running by you. Not ready to give up my MT or IL info yet. Everyone, if you put in the time in the truck, on the phone and even sending letters (i.e. Montana) you can't believe what the opportunity is for you. Again, I'm spoiled, but I did my time. P.S.- Southern Maine is a sleeper area, Google 2016 Maine deer harvest by county !

04-Jan-18
they also have Sika Deer too. :) Ted and I were talking about heading down there a few years ago. just never materialized.

04-Jan-18
I think the limit is up to 3 on Sikas

• Sitka Gear