JRABQ 07-May-18
HDE 07-May-18
mrelite 07-May-18
Huntcell 08-May-18
HDE 08-May-18
ohiohunter 08-May-18
BH2017 12-May-18
03-Jan-18
Have you or your friends hunted off Range for Oryx? Any recomendation for honest, hard working, highly successful guide?

Thanks Doug

03-Jan-18
Pro-bono or paid?

04-Jan-18
Besides getting you access to/through private land, I'm not sure why one would need an outfitter for this hunt? Or are you trying to get into the outfitter pool?

04-Jan-18
I guess the real question is, are you thinking public or private? Public requires a draw, private is OTC.

04-Jan-18
Was looking at outfitter draw pool. Did not know about private otc.

04-Jan-18
For starters, just google search oryx hunts in NM - not too many that guide/outfit for it. If money is no object, contact the Armendaris Ranch for a private - they usually run around $5,000.

04-Jan-18
I agree. They can be found if you have the time.

04-Jan-18
I had already did a goggle search and there’s dozen or more that advertise hunts. Now moving on to next phase and Was covering the bases and thought to get a few honest reviews and recommendation from a few Bowsiters

05-Jan-18
The only time I used an outfitter/guide on an oryx hunt was so I could access ranch property down near Engle. I would not recommend him - at all.

13-Mar-18
Thanks for the Armendaris Ranch Tip. Booked for May . There hunts are significantly less than what you mentioned. I was expecting there hunt to be out of my price range considering what they get for elk and other hunts. But called anyways and saved my self more than few dollars compared to the others I contacted and those were all public land search and search and search Type hunts.

Again thanks ya never know if you don’t ask.

13-Mar-18
Awesome can't wait to see the pics!

14-Mar-18
Sounds great. The benefit of Armendaris is you're going to see oryx. Off-range public can be extremely hit or miss (no pun intended). G&F doesn't want ANY off range, and the monthly hammering is working.

I first hunted off range back in 2003 and the number of off range sightings now compared to then is not even close.

14-Mar-18
Cool. Just finished up my 19th oryx hunt last weekend.

They are fun to hunt.

15-Mar-18
Kiowa hunting service

07-May-18

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Thanks for the info . Returned from hunt on the Armendaris ranch. Was extremely windy 35 mph gust to 50. Localized dust storms blowing accross the flat terrain. Oryx were in large groups 30-50 so many eyes they don’t hang around for long, when one runs they all run. Finally found a smaller group that was spread out in some broken somewhat hilly terrain.

07-May-18
Great looking animal, congrats!

07-May-18
Congrats - nice animal!

07-May-18
Congrats on a great looking beast!! have you had oryx meat before?

08-May-18
No I have not had oryx meat before . I have to agree with others it goes to top of list of wild game meat. Some may even find that it’s too mild if there expecting a distinctive flavor that some wild game has. So far I have made steak and burger, have set aside a few roast for low and slow on wood / charcoal grill this summer. The wife always wants summer sausage , mettwurst and brats made. Not going happen, Not making sausage out of Oryx. she can wait for whitetail season .

08-May-18
But oryx makes outstanding brats - especially green chili brats ;^)

08-May-18

ohiohunter's Link
Nice oryx, amazing animals... the first time I saw them was definitely a wow moment. Is that hole the exit or entry hole? If that goes straight through it was dang near a gut shot, their anatomy is every bit as wild as they are.

Give us the details, rifle used, range, how many failed stalks etc... Off range oryx hunts can be grueling but all the more rewarding when you connect. I can't say enough about these animals.

12-May-18
Did you go with Tierra Encantada outfitters?

• Sitka Gear