GAFFER1 04-Jan-18
Mad dog 05-Jan-18
Arrowone 06-Jan-18
bow shot 07-Jan-18
bas4109 09-Jan-18
03-Jan-18

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
Our season in Westchester ended New Years Eve. My family and I had been up in VT for Christmas week and decided to come home for the last weekend which would let me get a few last sits in. Saturday afternoon I was getting ready to leave the house and my 3.5 year old daughter was crying because she wanted to go hunting too and wouldn't believe me that it was too cold out for her. Shortly after climbing a tree, a big doe came into the woodlot looking around. I assume she heard me coming in. After a while she calmed down and began feeding. She eventually presented me with a nice quartering away shot and I made it count. I texted my wife to let her know and her reply was "Kadin(my daughter) wants to track it" I decide to cut my hunt short and make it a family affair. My wife and daughter tracked my boot prints to my tree. The whole while, my daughter was telling my wife to make sure not to step on the tracks while following them! Haha. I showed my daughter the hit site and let her take lead. She tracked the Doe all by herself! It was only 65 yards and in the snow, but it was pretty awesome. This was the 4th deer she tracked and helped me recover this season. In another year or two, she'll be a pro.

04-Jan-18

04-Jan-18

04-Jan-18
That's awesome !! :)

04-Jan-18
I love reading this story. You Sir....... are doing it right! ?

04-Jan-18

Thanks. It's so much more work to involve the kids, but it's so much more rewarding. I'm just happy I have a kid that WANTS to go out in the woods when it's 15 degrees and falling.

04-Jan-18
Awesome all around skip congrats!

04-Jan-18
congratulations to the whole family!

05-Jan-18
Great story. That's how my wife was raised too! Her old man broke this city bow in on bowhunting, in Westchester! Love it up there. Nice size doe too bro. Mad Dog

06-Jan-18
Congrats. Having the kids involved adds a special element. Helping with tracking is the perfect way to get the real little ones involved.

07-Jan-18
How sweet it is....

09-Jan-18
Very cool!

• Sitka Gear