Wardens Worry 04-Jan-18
huntskifishcook 04-Jan-18
Pi 04-Jan-18
Cougar 06-Jan-18
Moons22 07-Jan-18
Murphy31 07-Jan-18
Pi 07-Jan-18
04-Jan-18
Just out of curiosity I was looking at land today on the computer. It's pretty amazing--property can be had for about $500/acre in some parts of Maine, and also in some parts of New York for only a little more. Makes you stop and think...

04-Jan-18
Hey jebedih, been looking for a couple years myself, it's definitely something I'll be purchasing some day. Think it's a matter of doing your homework and you can get yourself a nice peice of land for reasonable price.

04-Jan-18
An argument could be made for doing it sooner rather than later. The years roll by pretty quickly.

04-Jan-18
They dont make more land... Making me think whats 500 now would be 600 then 700 etc as the years go on.

It is attractive isnt it? Go buy 100acres, put a little camp on it and have your own little bit of paradise :)

04-Jan-18
I did the same search out of "curiosity" a couple years ago, Jeb. I didn't think there was anyway we could afford to buy land, but a few months later we purchased a couple acres of land in Maine on the far eastern edge of the White Mountain National Forest. The prices were slightly higher than you mentioned in the areas we looked, but still super reasonable for just a 2.5 hour drive from where I live in Beverly, exponentially cheaper than you'd ever find here in Massachusetts that's for sure.

04-Jan-18
What part of that state holds the best game numbers ? Where is the best land and why ? Any thoughts .

04-Jan-18
If I was looking to buy land in another state, it would be in north central PA or in upstate NY directly above north central PA. Since 2004, I've been spending a week in PA bowhunting a property that straddles Tioga & Potter counties and is close to the NY border. The amount of deer, turkey and bears up there is off the charts. While it's a long drive (about 450 miles), it's rural country with hills, hollows, agricultural fields, hardwoods and friendly small towns.

04-Jan-18
Thought about it but the primary reason I won't do this is that I much prefer traveling, exploring and hunting new areas. There are so many options out there even if your adventures are limited to the Northeast or maybe the eastern half of the country. The second reason is that I don't want another place to maintain and pay for. On the flip side I do think that having a "camp" can be great if you have kids at the right age.

Tekoa

04-Jan-18
X2 on PA. My dad and i have been looking into wn. Used to hunt a farm in Bradford county before we got kicked off over a miscommunication. It was awesome down there. T

04-Jan-18
HuntSkiFishCook - Curious where your land is in ME. I own a camp about 10 miles east of the NH border off of Rt 16.

04-Jan-18
WW, I'm just north of Fryeburg. Great bear and turkey numbers and because Fryeburg is all farm country the deer numbers are much higher than I'd expect in an area with pretty harsh winters.

04-Jan-18
Awesome. That is a great area! Close to Ski areas too.

04-Jan-18
I love the area. Skiing was definitely part of the equation before we pulled the trigger.

04-Jan-18
Moons had a little miscommunication ...What was said was : Its a deal , "We'll See yu in the Fall " What he heard was : Its a deal " We'll see yu kill them all"

06-Jan-18
I heard they said 8 pts or better and Moons thought they said 80 lbs w/ butter!!!

07-Jan-18
Hahahah 50 pounds!!!

07-Jan-18
Thing with pa is the land is pricey. The oil, fracking, and natural gas has made buying land in some states impossible. Every lease we had in Ohio had oil rigs on them. Last year when tracking my deer there was literally oil coming up out the ground in one area. NY is one of the last decent hunting states around here. Were land is some what affordable.

07-Jan-18
Lets get together and start an oil and deer company . 2Birds with one stone.

• Sitka Gear