ksq232 19-Jan-18
ksq232 19-Jan-18
ksq232 19-Jan-18
ksq232 19-Jan-18
MichaelArnette 22-Jan-18
06-Jan-18

Bigfeet14's embedded Photo
Bigfeet14's embedded Photo
I can't be the only one that had a rough year in which things just never quite went right. In honor of this, I thought it may be fun to have an (almost) meat pole for those of us who enjoyed tag soup.

Personally, I had this guy within 30 yards 3 times during Thanksgiving week. Including him taking out my decoy at 13 yards (that was an adrenaline rush). Through all of these encounters, he never gave me an ethical shot. So, when I ended the season empty handed, he became my (almost) buck for the year.

07-Jan-18

KsRancher's embedded Photo
KsRancher's embedded Photo
Rough season for me also.

07-Jan-18

Kansasclipper's embedded Photo
I had this one at 25 yds twice and could not shoot. Saw him 3 times during season and again a couple of days ago so he made it.

07-Jan-18

Had this one waltz by at 20 yds, he was missing his right side. Made me sick.

09-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Tag Soup for me as well. I had my sights set on this one . First year on farm and Had several photos of him in Aug,Sept. and First of Oct. then vanished ?

09-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Tag Soup for me as well. I had my sights set on this one . First year on farm and Had several photos of him in Aug,Sept. and First of Oct. then vanished ?

09-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo

09-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Had 3 chances at this one as well, stalked him in bean field with a doe and he never gave my wife a clean shot . Saw him twice more later in season and passed him up .Picts show he broke off triple brow tine in late Oct. I really have to give my wife credit this year for letting him walk .

09-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Late season photo of him

10-Jan-18

Neptune Archer's Link
Waited and waited and waited for this buck to walk out from behind a tree ,20 minutes latter i could finally see his shadowy form melt into the woods. No ethical ahot to be taken

10-Jan-18

Neptune Archer's embedded Photo
Neptune Archer's embedded Photo

11-Jan-18
Very nice buck Neptune

11-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Reminds me of the buck on my farm we call triple brow .

11-Jan-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Reminds me of the buck on my farm we call triple brow .

12-Jan-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Never got closer than 100 yards.

13-Jan-18

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
On Nov. 7, this guy was following 3 does and they were bringing him down the trail on a string. Wind was in my favor but lead doe stopped upwind and broadside to me at 25 yds. When she stopped so did the other 2 does behind her and so did the buck. He was at 40 yds quartering to and staring directly at her on what the next move was going to be. However, at the exact spot that he decided to stop there was a big Sycamore limb hanging down between me and him. I had to wait her out...after a few minutes of neither of them or me moving she decided it was time to run out into the prairie taking her friends and him with her. Not sure, but hope he made it through the seasons that followed.

14-Jan-18
That guy has some excellent genes. Hopefully he makes it to next year

15-Jan-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
This was the buck I was trying to kill this year. I ended up seeing him 5 times from the stand and was full draw on him 3 times the morning of Nov 23rd. He was chasing a doe and would not stop... Looking forward to catching up with him next year. He made it through rifle season so I hope he is around.

15-Jan-18

Garrett's embedded Photo
Garrett's embedded Photo
I guess this buck falls in the "almost" category. I started getting pictures of him in June and knew he would be a good one. I was unsure of his age until I saw him in person for the first time Nov 1st. He came through the CRP field and gave me 5 min to glass him. I believed then that he was a 3 year old... I then saw him 6 times in the next 7 days. That's when I KNEW he was a 3 year old! Can't wait to see him next year.

15-Jan-18
Here are a couple I was after, but I didn't see them from the stand.

15-Jan-18

Leebo1963's embedded Photo

15-Jan-18

15-Jan-18

My son had this buck at 75 yards. He was with a doe in a bean field for 2 1/2 hrs one afternoon.

15-Jan-18

KingDaddy's embedded Photo
KingDaddy's embedded Photo
Chased this one around all season. Saw him four times from the stand just could not get a shot off. Went and checked my cams today and there he was early this morning. Looks like he is going to make it until next season. I think this guy could be a state archery record.

15-Jan-18
I was at the seizure auction that thing was supposed to sell at. The govner called and cancelled the sale of that monster right before it was scheduled to go on the block.

19-Jan-18
That deer has been dead for years.

19-Jan-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
I'll try to get this thread back on topic... I hit this guy high in 2016 and chased him this year and never caught up. He busted his G3 later in the year, but I still would have taken a shot if given the opportunity.

19-Jan-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo

19-Jan-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
He did make it, so I'm hoping we'll resume our game of cat and mouse next year. He'll leave town in a month or two, but he always shows back up the first week of October, according to pictures.

19-Jan-18

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
Here he is last year.

22-Jan-18

MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
I had a nice 130s 8 point at 22ish yards ...this was the result

• Sitka Gear