Griff 26-Feb-18
ks chas 26-Feb-18
EmbryOklahoma 26-Feb-18
Matte 26-Feb-18
08-Jan-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

sitO's Link
The KBA convention is right around the corner, Feb 23, 24, & 25th in Hutchinson KS.

The KBA is an exceptional bunch of folks fighting for our rights as Bowhunters in KS, as well as a fraternity of like minded outdoorsmen and women. If you aren't a member of the KBA but have thought about joining, I would like to help. I'll pay the first year's membership due's for the first 5 people interested. This includes the Kansas Bowhunter Magazine which is published every other month. You can then decide if the KBA is something you'd like to support, and be a part of going forward.

Once a member, you can then attend the KBA Convention for only $25($40 at the door) and meet some of these good people yourself. You can also hear the presentation from the KDWP, guest speaker's like the infamous "Jaquomo"(Lou Phillippe/former speaker/likes Bourbon ;), participate in the silent/live auctions at the convention dinner, as well as many other events.

You can even participate in the after hours "witty banter" sessions where we'll discuss things like...how to locate 200" deer behind each tree...Dave's favorite X-gun brand...which Cheese Whiz is the best to pack on an Elk hunt...the game "guess what word Palmquist is slurring"...and who's this sitO guy and why does he talk so much?

If interested, send me a PM with your name & address and we'll get you signed up to be a member. There will be an application that you'll have to fill out(see link), and an approval process, but usually a quick turnaround.

I will also cover the first 5 Junior Memberships if you have a young person that wants to join...or there's a father/mother with a kid or two and you all want to join. the Jr Membership is for youth 16 and under...just PM me with your info if interested please.

It's a chance to join up with a great group of folks, that stand up for our passion's in the out-of-doors!

08-Jan-18
I’d be interested but this trips me up a. that by reason of choice, bowhunting is thier primary archery and hunting interest, and that they are dedicated to the harvesting of wild game with bow and arrow in a humane and sports- manlike manner

Waterfowl is my primary so guess I am out the way I read it.

08-Jan-18
Matt, someone else will be able to better explain...but I like shootin ducks/geese/pheasants/quail/snipe ;) too...and I own a few guns.

For me, it's bow only on big game, pretty sure you'd benefit from membership...willing to take a chance on my end.

09-Jan-18
It would mean that your primary interest when hunting Big Game is with a bow. Many of us hunt other game such as doves, ducks, Pheasant and such but when we hunt big game we use a bow to do so. We use our bows for many other things like hunting rabbits, shooting at Prairie Dogs and bowfishing also. If you have any other questions please ask.

09-Jan-18
Hunt whitetails with a bow on average of 20+ outings per year (used to be much more).

Went once with a rifle and ended my season on a crippled buck.

I hunt way more days with archery equipment, but I will pick up a muzzleloader/rifle from time to time for whitetails so I cannot bring myself to be a member again. And I’m okay with it. Rules are rules and I will respect them. It’s just a little frustrating... as archery is, by far, my passion.

Good on you Kyle for doing this... hope you get the kids signed up.

09-Jan-18
And I would really like to go to the convention... possible to go as a “non-member”?

09-Jan-18
Why in the World would you not want to sign up and support the KBA. The money the raise for biology of the herd. The good they do for the kids. Most archers should sign up even if they never make a convention. Just a good bunch fighting for all of us.

09-Jan-18
Thanks for your generosity as always Kyle!

Also, if interested a person can attend the banquet and convention without being a member.

No charge to make a trip to Hutch and stroll through the trophy room, but you are missing out if you only spend an hour and don't take in the evening banquet. I'm speaking from experience from years ago.

Matt

09-Jan-18
Ray...your last sentence in the 2nd paragraph allows you to answer yes to that question imo. People get hung up on the verbiage of the questions in regards to primary interest and we are losing membership due to it, especially since the any weapon whitetail tag was introduced.

If you consider yourself a bowhunter you should be part of the KBA imo and I hope you will reconsider.

Anyone that wants to discuss this further regardless of your interpretation feel free to give me a call

Matt

10-Jan-18
Thanks for the reminder SITO. Agree Matte. I just renewed my expired KBA membership,

10-Jan-18
"that by reason of choice, bow-hunting is their primary archery and hunting interest," When the by-laws were written up, field archery was still going pretty strong and the founder's didn't want the KBA to become just another archery club.

To me bow-hunting, 3-D shooting, small game hunting, bow-fishing, etc are all part of the total experience. Several years ago, we discussed hosting a 3-D shoot & a couple of the older members threw a fit. "That wasn't bow-hunting"! I would venture a guess that 99% of us have a few 3-D targets in our backyards!

Anyhow, Ray, sending in dues and getting a newsletter is a small part. To really get the benefit, one needs to attend a couple of events to see what we are really about.

10-Jan-18
You do not have to be a member to attend the Convention and banquet. We have had people that were just in Hutchinson staying in the same Hotel and walked by and decided to attend. If you are interested in attending and want to see a small part of what we are about. You can get in touch with our Sec/Treas after the first of Feb. when the registration packets become available and he will be able to mail you one or take your information, or contact Matt or me and we will be happy to help you. Our Sec/Treas in Barry Raugust and his email is on our web site at www.thekbasite.com Or send me a private message and we will get you the information. If you truly love bowhunting there is not a better group of guys or a better organization in Kansas.

10-Jan-18
I have two signed up so far...keep'm comin!

I'd REALLY like to get some kids signed up too...please let me help if you have youngsters that would be interested!

10-Jan-18
Which day is the banquet?

10-Jan-18
Evening of the 24th Ray, but come early and look over the mounts, vendors, and silent auction items...and meet some friends.

16-Jan-18
Kyle Once again you have shown why you are such a great person and a great member of the KBA. I look forward to meeting some new members at convention and hope they can take advantage of our other great events through the year that we have. The Bunny Hunt, Tree planting, Prairie Dog hunt, carp shoots and Rendezvous. Not to mention if we are able to be involved in the tagging of the deer for the Mule Deer study that will begin this spring.

Thanks

16-Jan-18
Thanks Bob, I haven't been able to make many events...but I can say that if you do you won't be disappointed in the food, fun, or fellowship.

I still have a couple of memberships I'd like to help with, and no youngsters signed up yet...hollar if you're interested please!

24-Jan-18
"which Cheese Whiz is the best to pack on an Elk hunt...the game "guess what word Palmquist is slurring"

LOL! I hope we can make it. Palmquist thinks he can beat me at pool when he gets all twisted. :)

24-Jan-18
Bring trophies to Hutch guys, we all look forward to seeing them.

25-Jan-18
Ummm....thinks? Pretty sure I beat you everytime, but that isn't anything to brag about since you are from Oklahoma;)

25-Jan-18
I didn't understand a word of that but...

I do still have a couple of memberships available, and all of the youth memberships. Even if your an "out of stater" and want to join, let me help!

25-Jan-18
You were drunk, Matt. You did beat me the first game, that was all I can remember. Best of 5 this year for $100? I'll play left handed too. lol!

25-Jan-18
Hustler...aka Minnesota Fats! Let me think on that wager

25-Jan-18
Let's just have fun and have some drinks. :)

25-Jan-18
And when the cuttin was done the only part that wasn't bloody was the soles of the big man's feet.

25-Jan-18
I'll take that bet Ricky...but where's the pool table?

Or, are you guys talking about playfully "beating" each other with your pool floaties? Cause I'm out on that

25-Jan-18
Pool table(s)... in the bar down from the convention hallway. You don't want none, Kylee.

26-Jan-18
If Kyle wants in we could play 3 ball. Bait him in with craft beer and fireball:) Here he is a creature of habit!!!

29-Jan-18
And the smack talking has started! Looking like I will make it there on Saturday. Look forward to meeting you guys in person.

29-Jan-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I'll be the tall good looking one Brian.

This pic, on the other hand, is of Matt and Rick...so... you should be able to tell us apart. Tux's not required but you will need a cumber bun and ruffles.

29-Jan-18
OH my it is getting deep. You might want to bring some tall boots or waders!!

19-Feb-18
The KBA Convention starts Friday in Hutchinson. I still have a free adult membership available, so if you're interested just send me a PM with your name/address and we'll get you signed up!

19-Feb-18
Bring stuff to display or give away, lots of room.

20-Feb-18
We have lots of great items that have been donated and I am sure there will be plenty more that I haven't got pictures of yet. We have been posting to the KBA Facebook page if you want to check them out.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!

Oh, and if I would have known you had one left you could have paid my renewal Kyle;) LOL!!!

20-Feb-18
Looking forward to it as well!

22-Feb-18
Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. We will be heading to Hutchinson on Friday morning. Should be a great time. We have so many great items and those who were not able to make the first Mule Deer study tagging will be able to view the video that Jason was able the take. See you all soon.

22-Feb-18
If you are not on the EC see ya in the tub Friday afternoon.

24-Feb-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
45th Anniversary of the KBA...you should be here!

24-Feb-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

24-Feb-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

25-Feb-18

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
This was an awesome event. I actually was able to take home alot of cool stuff. 2 night stay for 6, a bunch of arrows, calls, and other bowhunting gear. However this prized painting will forever be in my sight. The fun and food and the after banquet get together was probably the most fun I have had in awhile. If your a bowhunter on the fence thinking about joining or going to KBA events let me tell you they know no stranger. They offer up friendship in the way of hot pickles errr peppers and laundry sacks full of cold drinks. I also learned why to always carry two deals if chapstick as well. Great times and was glad to put alot of faces to the names if bowsite.

26-Feb-18
Matt Glad you were able to win or buy so many great things at the convention this year and enjoy the social hour afterwards. We have a great time at all of our events and there is no such thing as a stranger among us. Hope you are able to join us at one of our other summer events.

26-Feb-18
Matte glad you had a good time. In 40+ years I have never been to a KBA event and not had a great time. Barb and I are looking forward to seeing you in Downs.

26-Feb-18
Good times! Glad we made it up and enjoyed the camaraderie. How'd the pepper treat you, Matt? :)

26-Feb-18
Honestly I am concerned. Either it has yet to process or it processed very well. This is not typical for me when consuming such fire as it normally feels like lava later.

• Sitka Gear