Jaquomo 10-Jan-18
otcWill 10-Jan-18
Vids 10-Jan-18
tinman 11-Jan-18
Vids 11-Jan-18
hunter2121 05-Apr-18
tinman 06-Apr-18
10-Jan-18
According to the 2017 statistics, I have enough turkey points for any unit in the state. I would love some input from folks that have hunted the higher tier units. Particularly, the RFW units as I was thinking of trying a RFW hunt with turkeys before I ever do it with elk or deer.

10-Jan-18
points for turkeys, you gota be kidding me!

10-Jan-18
Ell nailer, you're from MI. You don't understand the turkey situation in CO.

10-Jan-18
What type of hunt you looking for Gary?

10-Jan-18
Mainly looking at the RFW hunts just to check out how that works. Also, since I have 13 points I might as well go for a unit that requires more than 10, I don't plan on building this many again.

I'd like to go after a Merriams since I've taken Eastern and Rio Grand, which rules out the eastern plains units. Not real interested in chasing them all over the mountains since I'll have limited time to get away, and plenty of low point units provide that opportunity.

So, I guess that boils it down to Mountain Meadows Ranch or Twin Peaks Ranch in units 84 and 85. If anyone has hunted on these ranches I'd appreciate any input!

11-Jan-18
I hunted Mountain Meadows opening day two years ago and got a turkey in the first 30 minutes. No other hunters were there and I only heard two gobble. A few days later it snowed 2+ feet so I think you need to play it by ear there depending upon the weather. Most hunters go later from what I hear but no personal experience.

11-Jan-18
Thanks tinman

05-Apr-18
Tinman did you decide to hunt Mountain Meadows?

06-Apr-18
I hunted Mountain Meadows a few years back. My in-laws drew but they had to turn the tags back in for medical reasons.

• Sitka Gear