cohunter 26-Jan-18
Dirty D 26-Jan-18
ZachinCO 28-Jan-18
Ermine 28-Jan-18
seneca_inc 06-Feb-18
Stix 06-Feb-18
Ucsdryder 06-Feb-18
10-Jan-18
I just saw an advertisement from Garmin that they are getting into the sight business with a new integrated offering (Sight + Rangefinder). It wouldn't be legal in CO to my understanding and I'm not willing to fork out $999 for a sight, but I'd love to play with one! https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/613654?utm_source=Unknown&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=en-US%20Delivery%2C%20Xero%20Bow%20Sight%20Announcement%2C%20MCJT6869#overview

10-Jan-18

kscowboy's Link
Posted the link for everyone.

Wow. Very impressive technology.

11-Jan-18
Yes, interesting. However, I doubt it will be legal in any state for bow season. They must have been thinking it would sell though.

11-Jan-18
Looks like it would work pretty well.

I would bet that these sights will be on lots of compounds in only a few years - legal or not.

11-Jan-18
Of course it will be legalized. One small step at a time.

26-Jan-18
The question you have to ask yourself is this: Are you willing to risk the shot on electronics? When it comes down to the buck, or the bull of a lifetime? I am a controls engineer by day, and deal with electrical, software, and firmware issues every.single.day. I refuse to take that risk. Especially when an electronics error can be the cause of a wounded animal. That weighs heavy on my shoulders. I admit I am old school. And for good reason I believe. When I pick up my bow, I want it as simple as possible, to reduce the chance of failure when it comes down to the last seconds of any shot, whether it be on at target or an animal.

26-Jan-18
I sure trust my rangefinder...

28-Jan-18
"The question you have to ask yourself is this: Are you willing to risk the shot on electronics? When it comes down to the buck, or the bull of a lifetime? I am a controls engineer by day, and deal with electrical, software, and firmware issues every.single.day. I refuse to take that risk. Especially when an electronics error can be the cause of a wounded animal. That weighs heavy on my shoulders. I admit I am old school. And for good reason I believe. When I pick up my bow, I want it as simple as possible, to reduce the chance of failure when it comes down to the last seconds of any shot, whether it be on at target or an animal."

If you were going into battle, you want open iron sites or the latest technology?

28-Jan-18
Pretty neat. But not for me. I would hate for the battery to die and not be able to use the sight. Electronics suck. Ha

And it’s crazy pricey wow

06-Feb-18

seneca_inc's Link
Here's a similar product... https://www.northforkbison.com/elk-meat/ We need to reflect on why we go bowhunting.

06-Feb-18
Confirmed with CP&W Law Enforcement. Illegal in Colorado.

06-Feb-18
Good

• Sitka Gear