Grasshopper 17-Jan-18
Cutthroat 18-Jan-18
oldgoat 18-Jan-18
Lark Bunting 18-Jan-18
Cutthroat 18-Jan-18
ColoBull 19-Jan-18
Lark Bunting 19-Jan-18
11-Jan-18
Anyone else having trouble applying for Limited Spring Turkey with new online application system? I can't get past the Residency Tab despite being a resident since 1997.

11-Jan-18
I had issues logging into my account and had to call them twice to straighten it out. Haven't tried applying for anything yet, but will do it early now that I see this thread.

I'll bet a lot of people will be angry this year when they try to log in on deadline day for the big game apps!

11-Jan-18
I tried checking preference points for my boys. It ran me in circles until I gave up.

11-Jan-18
I just got on there, created a account (from my old info) and was able to get in and apply for turkey. No problems.

11-Jan-18
same a tramper, no issues for myself and my 2 kids.

11-Jan-18
I had no issues...

11-Jan-18
stupid system (or user) gave me a new CID, no record of points, arrrrgggg.......gonna have to call.......

12-Jan-18
I managed to get registered, but I couldn't get my son registered because he has no ID, CPW said they'd work on it, hopefully have this fixed before spring turkey application deadline.

12-Jan-18
Got mine all set up. Will need to figure out what to do with my boy since he just moved out of state.

13-Jan-18
I created my account.....easy enough. I then checked my preference points and there is a goose egg next to deer. I'll have to give them a call as well.

13-Jan-18
I checked my pref. points and they look correct.

13-Jan-18
Let's hope the new system doesn't create more problems than it solves.

I had no trouble creating my account but could not apply for turkey. I think it was too early at that time. Notes on the website indicated that the system would not be fully up and running for a few days into 2018

13-Jan-18
They fixed what I was interested in. Someone is obviously "on it".

13-Jan-18
Everything went smoothly updating my info. Profile page worked. Points page worked. A sense of smugness growing with each page that I had breezed through. Then I tried to put in for turkey. It won't accept my "Resident Since" number. Now I need to call them. Resident for over 30 years and they still require me to remember that month. My Name, DL number, address, SSN, Credit Card, DOB, over 30 years of applications, etc. isn't enough??? Why do we still need to recite this pointless number every stinkin' license application, when everything else is permanently recorded already?

I was pleasantly surprised (shocked) that they added that evil "Mind if we sell you out" question to the permanent profile, rather than each application. Haven't been able to apply for anything yet, so we'll see if it's true.

13-Jan-18
Mine went fine, but my two kids under 12 has been a huge pain in the a**. Shouldn't have been that hard considering they have had licenses and tags years previous

14-Jan-18
I had to call. Was told there was a bug causing my problem. Was fixed in a few hours and all is well..........at least until I put in for a tag.

14-Jan-18
I see a huge cluster coming during application time. Especially all the guys who don't register early.

15-Jan-18
Mine has the wrong CID number, guess ill have to call

15-Jan-18
Today it won't let me back in. I'm gonna leave them be. Hopefully the person fielding complaints isn't also the person trying to fix the problem.

15-Jan-18
Hopefully a bunch of non-residents aren't reading this and will wait until the last day to apply and have bunch of issues and better the draw odds :)

15-Jan-18
Actually, when I called the other day, I was told that non-residents don't need to set up a profile, their log in information will arrive in the mail by April 3rd 2018.. :) .. please pass that on!

15-Jan-18
My profile has the wrong CID # and when asked to supply an alternate ID form I input my drivers license # and the system tells me it's already used by someone else. No #$%^ it's used on my account. I guess I'll have to call.

I had to set my kids up with their own email accounts to apply for turkey because it wouldn't allow mine as it's already been used.

Like everyone else has said there is going to be a major issue the day before apps are due for Big Game. Glad I'm getting it sorted out now.

15-Jan-18
You cannot create a new account or it will assign you a new cid with no pp's. You have to click on "look up" and use your cid as the identifier. Once your record is found it will pre-populate your info with what's on file.

16-Jan-18
Thats not entirely the case Stix. I looked my account up with my existing CID number and when it brought me to my account it still showed a new CID number. I called the DOW and they said they will get my info to license services and my account will be updated with my old CID number. Its a weird deal.

16-Jan-18
I clicked "look up" and it populated all of my info but a different CID #? Will call them this morning.

16-Jan-18
My information all came together on a new account. However, when I go to the licensing tab it will not let me select resident as it states something about my driver license not qualifying. It was expired and I receive a new one 07/28/2017 so me thinks it a 6 month glitch thing? Weird.

16-Jan-18
I did both my wife and I, and both came in with the same CID #'s. I had Jim Gilmore walk me through the process and it went well.

16-Jan-18
I created the account about a week ago and thought I was all set. Tried to apply for spring turkey this morning and signed in with my email and password and landed on an account with some correct information but much incorrect. CID was wrong!

Called in and they got me squared away in a few minutes. Still need to go back in to apply so we'll see if it stuck!

16-Jan-18
Ive updated my account and both of my kids' accounts. No problems whatsoever. I just went in to 'apply' for a turkey tag and the process worked just fine.

FYI When submitting your 'resident since' be sure to NOT enter any dashes

January 1, 1999 should be entered like this - 011999

Or, just follow the instructions...

16-Jan-18

Dinkshooter@work's embedded Photo
That's exactly how I entered the date, its the next screens with validation errors and asking for my verified diplomatic orders or verified military orders that really made me scratch my head..................

Best part is, when I decided maybe if I updated my driver license in my main portal it would work, that option didn't even have Colorado listed as a option!

16-Jan-18
I hope I'm wrong, but it's looks like the first Tuesday in April is gonna be ugly.

16-Jan-18
From what I understand, you have to call CPW and have them over ride the system if you have been issued a new drivers license earlier than 6 months ago. Which I have been.

16-Jan-18
Went back in to apply for turkey and it was smooth sailing.

I like the new options for preference points checking, etc.

Wonder how this will effect the back door?

16-Jan-18
After not being able to get back in, I reset my password - again. 'Checked my personal info.& the zip code was from ~20 years ago. 'Changed THAT and now I'm able to get in & out (2x). I've usually done the draw app in late March, but it sounds like this year might be a good year to get it in a bit earlier. Does anyone know when they are going to START accepting app's for the DRAW?

17-Jan-18
I called today and Ryan was super helpful. Fixed my issue in 3 minutes. He said they are inundated with calls fixing these issues. They are aware of many of the issues and are working now to have them corrected. He thinks that all of issues will be fixed soon and definitely before the draws get close to the deadline.

Apply early!!!! I still think 48 hours before the deadline will be a cluster $%^&!

Make sure to update your credit card number on file if it ever gets changed due to fraud.

17-Jan-18
Wait...CPW having a tech issue? Who would have thought!

Standard beta testing should have caught a lot of these issues.

17-Jan-18
I talked with Cory Chick at CPW today, head of the licensing section. He indicted the primary issue they are working through relates to if you had two accounts prior to the migration - 1. A reserve america account for the reservations system, and 2. a typical account for hunting/fishing applications. They have merged most accounts in an automated fashion, but if any issues arises it can be solved quickly by calling a hunt planner at 303-297-1192

Applying early this year would be a wise choice.

17-Jan-18
These people are idiots, I hope they can find work where they are just handed money for not doing anything constructive.

17-Jan-18
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I think that is a bit harsh, merging old software packages held together with baling wire and fishing line ain't easy. To expect perfection is not realistic.

I just completed my turkey app, using the lookup tool for my CID. The only issue I had was that moose points were gone....wait, I guess I drew that one. Dang.

18-Jan-18
The problems are specific for anyone who has renewed their Driver's License in the last 6 months (I did). You then have to send CPW "proof" that you've been a resident for at least 6 months (21 years for me). Proof includes utility bills, income statements, tax returns, voter registration cards etc. You can do it in person at a CPW office or electronically. Very inconvenient!

18-Jan-18
Cutthroat, I renewed my license almost a year ago and had problems as did my wife

18-Jan-18
Done. No issues so far but I did not apply for a license today.

18-Jan-18
If it’s any help, I sent CPW PDF files of DIsH statements (with my address) and E-470 statements since last July plus a pic of my Drivers license. Spoke with Joshua and I’m now good to go

19-Jan-18
As much as I liked the old system, it appeared to be very susceptible to abuse. I could easily check on my son's info. Their CCID's were/are on exposed open mail. I suppose it was just a matter of time before they had to bump up the security. And yes, now it's just a matter of time before someone cracks the new code.

19-Jan-18
Will we still be able to check the draw via the "backdoor" method or does this not have any impact on that?

• Sitka Gear