DMC65 13-Jan-18
Missouribreaks 13-Jan-18
jerrynocam 13-Jan-18
ground hunter 13-Jan-18
buckhammer 15-Jan-18
Bows the way 18-Jan-18
12-Jan-18

buckhammer's Link
New proposal from the chronic wasting disease workgroup that was presented to the NRC this week calls for a complete baiting and feeding ban in Michigan and also calls for the sale of deer feed to be illegal.

Not sure if my link works or not but you can read the article in Thursdays Gongwer report. you can go to Gongwer.com and find the article if my link doesn't work

12-Jan-18

buckhammer's Link
try this link

12-Jan-18
It appears the link is not going to work. Life was easier before computers.

12-Jan-18
I don't see how they will be able to stop selling corn or apples. Or any vegetable for that matter. Folks feed pets and livestock. Plus people eat carrots, beets. I don't bait for the record. How about mineral sites, water holes, food plots also. We are going to be chasing our tails on this one.

13-Jan-18
Right on burly ! Are we gonna have to cut down our apple trees?? This percieved problem has to run it's course . It's here and it's not going away. Deer are gonna congregate, it's what they do. Scrapes, signpost rubs, licking branches , that one big oak tree that always has the best acorns. Shutting down baiting is just swinging at the wind.

13-Jan-18
Ok ban the sale of deer corn, I bet deer will eat swine or cattle corn.

13-Jan-18
I think banning baiting will help by reducing the number of opportunities for nose to nose contact. Some of the examples given congregate deer but the feed is not concentrated in one spot like baiting. I saw 4 bait piles this year and all of them had the bait in a big pile in one spot not spread out over 10 square feet and not 2 gallons. I don’t see anyone following the rules. I think everyone has seen the pickup full of bait and we all know what’s going on. I do believe it’s going to be difficult to ban corn, apples, etc.

13-Jan-18
this is the same group that okays, bringing deer from the lower, where cwd is across the bridge to the upper, they should change that....................

I would love it if they would get rid of all baiting,,,, do not see it happening

15-Jan-18
It will definitely be interesting to see where this all goes. Much of this information that was presented to the NRC was done by State Wildlife Veterinarian Kelly Straka. I am sure her voice carries more weight with the commission than say the average joe hunter.

18-Jan-18
Good luck enforcing this if it passes

• Sitka Gear