MF 18-Mar-18
Jeff in MN 19-Mar-18
Mike F 19-Mar-18
Cheesehead Mike 19-Mar-18
Jeff in MN 30-May-18
Duke 30-May-18
Bloodtrail 30-May-18
13-Jan-18
My 31 year old son was recently brutally attacked in Costa Rica. He is presently in danger of losing his leg and or life. He is right now on Medical Air Evacuation from Liberia, Costa Rica to Univ of Wis Hospital. Praying for safe, fast transfer to Madison. Thanks, Jim

13-Jan-18
My thoughts are with you Jim.

13-Jan-18
How awful, prayers out to your son and family.

13-Jan-18
Prayers for your son being sent.

13-Jan-18
Prayers from our family to yours.

13-Jan-18
Thoughts and prayers heading your way.

13-Jan-18
Thoughts and prayers sent...

13-Jan-18
I saw that in the news, I will pray for him

13-Jan-18
I, too, saw that in the news. Prayers to your family.

13-Jan-18
I read that in the news. May God's healing hand be with him and God's peace be with you and your family.

13-Jan-18
Thoughts are with him and your whole family.

13-Jan-18
So sorry this happened. Sending some thoughts and light your way.

13-Jan-18
Prayers sent

13-Jan-18
OMG Jim, I cannot imagine how though that is for you and family. Doing double duty prayers for him and you. Hope you don't mind me including this link. If you do let me know and I will remove it. That is why I put it in the editable part of this message.

http://www.wisn.com/article/wisconsin-man-beaten-tortured-on-vacation-in-costa-rica-family-says/15046365

13-Jan-18
Hey Jim, Sorry to hear of this. I hope this goes well from here on in. My prayers will include your son in them!

Serb

13-Jan-18
Prayers sent for your son.

13-Jan-18
Prayers sent, that is just horrible.

13-Jan-18
Wishing you 7 your son all the best. Prayers sent.

13-Jan-18
Lord have mercy!

13-Jan-18
Jim: Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your son, Ryan. Wishing the best recovery and hopefully the assailants are brought to justice.

13-Jan-18
I live 15 min from River Falls let me know if I can do anything to help

13-Jan-18
Jim, so sorry to hear this, I will pray that Ryan comes out OK

13-Jan-18
Very sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers to your son and family.

14-Jan-18
Thoughts and prayers are with you , your son, and your family.

14-Jan-18
Jim, So sorry to hear that. Sure hope things work out for the best for both of you.

14-Jan-18
prayers sent for your son and family

14-Jan-18
Jim - My prayers go out to you, your family and and your son. He'll be in a great hospital.

14-Jan-18
Prayers sent for your entire family.

14-Jan-18
Sad to hear that and best wishes....now you know what our president was talking about.

15-Jan-18
Very sorry your family has to have that happen. It is a nightmare. Prayers sent.

15-Jan-18
Prayers for your son and your family. May God bless you with his healing powers!

15-Jan-18
Thoughts and prayers for your family.

15-Jan-18
Prayers to your Son and family.

15-Jan-18
Just got home in Eau Claire from Madison. My wife is staying in Madison but I needed to take care of some of Ryan's things. His leg has been saved and he has been stabilized. I think a lot of prayer from many people have to him this far. He will need continued healing, grafting, plastic surgery, physical therapy, but with continued prayer and family at his side, he can do it. An amazing physician in Costa Rica made the right moves to save his life and limb and stop the awful "flesh eating" bacterial infection. (necrotizing fasciitis ) Thank God we got him home for the long recovery he will have. Pray also for his mental health, he is having some rough PTSD like moments. Thanks to everyone here for your thoughts and prayers. Jim

15-Jan-18
Jim, that's great news under the circumstances. I am sure all on here will continue praying. God Bless your Son and Family

15-Jan-18
Good to hear, hope for a continued recovery.

15-Jan-18
Great news Jim. My prayers go out that his recovery goes well and quicker than expected.

15-Jan-18
That’s great. Been watching for an update. Continued prayers for a fast and full recovery.

15-Jan-18
he is on my prayer list,,, good news,,,, stay well

15-Jan-18
Jim, like I said before I live pretty close and more than willing to help out if it gets to be to much just let me know

15-Jan-18
Great news! God can heal and continued prayers for all the trama your son went through from the attack.

16-Jan-18
Best of luck, Blackwolf. You and your son are in all our thoughts and prayers.

16-Jan-18
Jim, good to hear some positive. No doubt a very traumatic experience. Therapy/counseling will be beneficial down the road as well to help the healing process.

16-Jan-18
So sorry to hear this Jim! My prayers for continued recovery...

16-Jan-18
Glad to hear he is recovering. Scary stuff.

16-Jan-18
Jim & I sat in my office 1 day & killed a lot of critters . He's a good guy . Glad its working out for your family Jim .

GEEZ, Is there any country besides Canada That is safe for americans ?

16-Jan-18
Great news for your son, you and your family. Continued prayers for his recovery.

16-Jan-18
Glad do hear things are looking better,thoughts and prayers.

16-Jan-18
God has answered the prayers and the prayers for recovery both physical and emotional will continue.

16-Jan-18
Good to hear things are going well. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

16-Jan-18
Ruger - Not many places safe for Americans anymore. My wife's cousin was a nun down in Cost Rica working with the Sisters of Charity and she ended up being raped and beaten severely years ago.

16-Jan-18
prayers for your family for a full recovery

16-Jan-18
Prayers for your son and family Sent. Hope for a full recovery!! As a world traveler. It’s becoming a lot more hostile in other countries thanks to The.Bozo in office!

16-Jan-18
"As a world traveler. It’s becoming a lot more hostile in other countries thanks to The.Bozo in office!" Why inject politics on a thread like this.

16-Jan-18
Maybe he meant the bozo that WAS in office.

16-Jan-18
Good point Jeff.

17-Jan-18
Just when I thought it was Great to see everyone come together on this site.

Best wishes for a good recovery. That will be a long one but way better than it could have been.

17-Jan-18
Praying for full recovery

23-Jan-18
Still have your son and your family in our thoughts. The kids were asking how things were. Hoping that all is improving.

23-Jan-18
We have been with him very day, some have been better than others. Prayer is working, the infection has been stopped and 3 surgeries at Madison are getting him closer to start of plastic surgery and wound closing procedures. It has been a parade of different specialty people in and out during the week. One more surgery Thurs, then start of plastic surgery next week. Still IV antibiotics for about 10 more days. Not sure if he will come home in 2-4 weeks or if he may go to a nursing healing facility first. I was amazed that nursing got him up behind a walker in the hall today. Pray that he keeps up the determination. Jim

24-Jan-18
Jim - Good luck to you and your family during this trying time. We're on your side & hope for the best. You all are in the prayers of many. Our best to you.

24-Jan-18
JIm - That is better news. Still praying for Ryan and your family.

24-Jan-18
Jim, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope to hear more good news in the future, Stan & Carolyn

24-Jan-18
Ryan and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Jim...

18-Mar-18
Ryan finally came home Feb 27th. A home health nurse got us set up with maintaining his IV antibiotics and wound dressings. Meant to update this earlier but "burned out" running him to appts back to Madison, keeping track of IV's and wound changing, and a mess of meds. He got off IV's last Tuesday, a big relief; infectious disease Dr. at Madison says he is okay infection-wise. Now, just need to finish healing the skin grafts. Upper leg is great and lower is coming along great but needs about a month yet. Ryan is getting around pretty good, has decreased pain meds quite a bit so Dr,s are very optimistic. The mental part has been tough but he is improving a lot. Thanks again for all you thoughts and prayers: they have definitely been answered. Jim

18-Mar-18
Congratulations to you, your son, and the family. God was on your side! Hope all the healing continues to go well. God bless.

18-Mar-18
Jim - It was great meeting and talking to you about Ryan and hunting at the Eau Claire Sports show. What your son went through was horrifying to say the least. I'm elated that he is doing well and I'm sure he's on the road to a full recovery. Prayers still go out for a quick full recovery.

18-Mar-18
Jim, thanks for the update. I am happy to hear about your son's improvement. Prayers for more recovery now.

18-Mar-18
Happy to hear your son is doing well. Stay strong

19-Mar-18
Glad things have improved and going better.

19-Mar-18
Jim - Thank you for the update. Good news is always welcome! I hope things keep going the right direction for Ryan. God Bless!

19-Mar-18
Thanks for the update and the better news Jim. Thoughts and prayers for continued recovery both mental and physical...

30-May-18
Jim, hope the recovery is still going well.

30-May-18
Ryan is blessed in many ways, Jim. Thanks for providing us with an update and I hope Ryan keeps progressing.

God Bless you—

30-May-18
Glad things are doing better! Bless you all...

• Sitka Gear